Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But Walgreens did (and still might, but I haven’t tried recently and haven’t seen any recent DPs).

Too bad. I was going to use my Discover cash back to get CVS cards.... off to find ways to get free Walgreens cards.
Thanks!

Too bad. I was going to use my Discover cash back to get CVS cards.... off to find ways to get free Walgreens cards.
Thanks!

If you try Walgreens, make sure they’re physical plastic cards in an even denomination. You can find a lot of Walgreens merchandise credit on Raise et al., which don’t work on gift cards. At least in late 2016/early 2017, Walgreens gift cards could still be swiped at their card readers to pay for third party gift cards and the system would allow it. It was still YMMV with the cashiers and managers though.

Bed Bath & Beyond’s POS systems also allow GC > GC transactions, but it’s highly YMMV with the cashiers and managers, and several members here have been accused of money laundering or other crimes when they’ve tried. They successfully escalated the issue to a district/regional manager and were eventually able to cash out their BB&B GC for Disney.

I think there is some confusion about the different upcoming deals:

1) Stop & Shop has a deal now thru 2/9 that if you buy A $100 Best Buy gift card, you get $20 off of groceries (purchased together with the gift card). This deal must be loaded onto your Stop & Shop card in your online account. Since these deals usually have limited enrollment, if you are not seeing the deal in the coupons section of your online account, it means they have already reached the maximum.

2) Stop & Shop also has advertised in their circular for next week (2/2-2/8) that if you buy certain products, you can get a Disney gift card. This offer is not limited to Stop & Shop but can be done at any "retailer" (don't know if that includes places like Amazon). Details for this promotion can be found at growupyoung.com

3) Shoprite has a promotion starting next week (2/4 - 2/10) that if you buy $100 in any gift cards (excludes visa, mastercard, and ShopRite gift cards) you get $15 off your next shopping order. In the past, you get a coupon printed on your receipt which you can only use in the following week (so the $15 off coupon will probably be from 2/11 - 2/17). Make sure to save the receipt as the coupon is printed on there. This is limited to 1 per PricePlus card, but if you have more than 1 priceplus card, you can take advantage of it more than once.

Note that Stop & Shop weekly circular goes from Friday - Thursday, while ShopRite goes from Sunday - Saturday.
grow up young..... I am confused..... so I go to stop and shop,buy $20 worth of items from the page, and how do I get the gc? I have to send the recipet to GuY website app? or do I get the gc in the store?

I just mean I make about $1200 a year from Swagbucks and earmark that money for excursions. I mainly cash out for paypal "gift cards." Everyday I:
1) Run the 5 mobile apps (for some reason I can't get the 6th one)
2) Run ncraves
3) Play swagasaurus run
4) Search until I get points at least once but I try to do more
5) Do gold and peanut lab surveys (since August in addition to the little surveys I've had one $40 survey, two $50 surveys, and one survey which earned me a $75 amazon gift card). I average > $40 / month from surveys.
In addition I sometimes do money maker deals (e.g., but a $10 conditioner, get 1500 swagbucks).

Also, I booked my excursions myself. In Ketchikan I booked a floatplane to Misty Fjords. If I paid in advance I got 15% off so it was about $200/person for a longer excursion than Disney charges almost $300 for. I also booked whale watching in Juneau independently. Not a huge savings, but it will just be us on the boat. And I wanted to do White Pass Rail in Skagway but got some great advice from @pillow so I'm going to rent a car from Avis and drive the Klondike highway. More flexibility and I will probably save about $200 vs. the Disney excursion.

Never done swag... But this is interesting... Could you elaborate on the 5 apps? I guess I need a Swag 101 course here!

Never done swag... But this is interesting... Could you elaborate on the 5 apps? I guess I need a Swag 101 course here!
There are 6 mobile apps you can download. For every 10 videos you get 2 sb. If you run them all (with no bonus rounds), that’s almost $20/month.

grow up young..... I am confused..... so I go to stop and shop,buy $20 worth of items from the page, and how do I get the gc? I have to send the recipet to GuY website app? or do I get the gc in the store?

You upload a copy of the receipt to the website and then when it is accepted you hit redeem and they send an egift card

back to that sams club deal last month,when DoC page was offering a link to get the extra $20 gc if you signed up for membership..... anyone ever get that egc? I never did,and I'm more than a little annoyed about it.

We did three DCL cruises from Florida and loved them, but when we decided to try Europe, we just could not justify the cost difference. We went on NCL Epic and loved it and while Disney is great we would never go back now. I just can’t justify the cost difference. Somewhere on these boards is a long post I did when we got back comparing our experiences — expressing my ambivalence moving on from Disney but my happiness at finding a great alternative for less than half the price. I was worried that moving on from Disney would be hard but since that Epic cruise we have done the Baltics, the Adriatic, and Norway/Iceland, all on NCL for many thousands less. For port intensive cruises especially there is just no reason for us to pay the premium for Disney. We couldn’t have done any of this at Disney prices. On the Iceland cruise we got an aft mini suite balcony cabin on a 14 day for about 40 percent was Disney wanted for a shorter cruise in a less desirable location regular verandah. I’m good with points and Disney gift cards but I couldn’t come close to bridging that gap.

This year, it’s going to be Australia /New Zealand with RCI. NCL was our top choice but we couldn’t make the dates work.

There’s other fish in the sea for sure.

If you find the link to your post about comparing experiences. I would love to read it.:-)

back to that sams club deal last month,when DoC page was offering a link to get the extra $20 gc if you signed up for membership..... anyone ever get that egc? I never did,and I'm more than a little annoyed about it.
I didn't use that one. I used the $15 gift card one. But I never got the Amex credit so I ended up canceling my membership.

I finally got it, but only because I complained to the store manager and she contacted someone in corporate who then contacted me. It was a royal pain!

I didn't use that one. I used the $15 gift card one. But I never got the Amex credit so I ended up canceling my membership.

My mother didn't get the Amex credit either, but I did. Not sure whats up. Not very impressed with Sam's right now.

However - a random piece of info I learned . . . you can get generic prescriptions at Sam's with their "plus" membership for only $4 (some are $10). I ran the numbers, and this saves us quite a bit of money, so we'll be keeping (and upgrading) our membership there. They also do the 2% back on purchases like Costco, which is an added bonus.

If you find the link to your post about comparing experiences. I would love to read it.:-)

Here you go. We now have several non Disney cruises under our belts, but this is actually a nice reminder of where our heads were immediately after our first non-DCL cruise. I think some of this has to do with age of kids and stuff -- there was a time where a non-disney cruise would not have been in our contemplation but once they got a bit out of the hardcore magic zone, it made more sense for us. Obviously, everyone is different -- I would hate for someone to see this review and do an NCL cruise, and be sad because they missed Animator's Palate.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/one-families-review-of-first-non-dcl-cruise-ncl-med.3152946/

Here you go. We now have several non Disney cruises under our belts, but this is actually a nice reminder of where our heads were immediately after our first non-DCL cruise. I think some of this has to do with age of kids and stuff -- there was a time where a non-disney cruise would not have been in our contemplation but once they got a bit out of the hardcore magic zone, it made more sense for us. Obviously, everyone is different -- I would hate for someone to see this review and do an NCL cruise, and be sad because they missed Animator's Palate.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/one-families-review-of-first-non-dcl-cruise-ncl-med.3152946/

Thank you! We have done a Europe one for disney back when it was um ...reasonable. Now it is hard to swallow
the prices. I will stick with DCL for local cruises . However i would love to do another longer Europe cruise.....and
i'm looking for scenery and nice ports not really for disney magic. lol

Thank you for your link.

Ugh. I have to go instore to cancel, I know I can get most of the $ back after 30 days.... I'm annoyed by that link referral actually, it just didn't work. I was only doing the membership if I could get it cheaper

Ugh. I have to go instore to cancel, I know I can get most of the $ back after 30 days.... I'm annoyed by that link referral actually, it just didn't work. I was only doing the membership if I could get it cheaper
I called the number on the back of my card to cancel. It took a while but got confirmation via email right away.

Has anyone ordered Disney GCs from BJs lately? I’d like to wait until my statement closes before ordering but it’s 10 days before our trip, wondering if they will be delivered in time.

I just bought Disney gift cards from BJs on ebates using my laptop on Sunday. I wasn't expecting it, but I did get the 1% on my account. The gift cards are scheduled to be delivered by UPS on Monday.

I called the number on the back of my card to cancel. It took a while but got confirmation via email right away.
I never got a physical card, I have the number in the app I used to checkout instore a couple of weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter