• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
adoucet said:
I'm so glad I found this thread!
After reading about the Target deals, I got my husband to get a $50 Disney gift card while he was at Target and he saved $8! This news made my day.

Wow, that's a 16% savings!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I'm so glad I found this thread!
After reading about the Target deals, I got my husband to get a $50 Disney gift card while he was at Target and he saved $8! This news made my day.:cool1:

I also would love to know how you saved $8.

would you ask your hubby if BJ's allows you to your debt card as a credit card for gift card purchases or does it have to be cash or a debt card option? thank you and would you mind just messaging me back in case i miss the answer here thank you

I got mine last weekend for $47.99 at BJs and paid with a credit card. I never use cash for anything.

shoppingqueen said:
WOW!! How did you get $8 off a $50 gift card?

My husband gets a 10% off discount at Target plus he has the Target card to get an extra 5% off.

When my husband texted me earlier, he said he paid $42 (which is where I got the $8 from), so he rounded off the number. lol He just said he actually paid $42.50 for the card, so we really saved $7.50. Still great!

I'm in Mobile, Al and I cannot find the Disney cards at my Target. However, I know they had them around Christmas time last year bc I bought some for our last Feb trip. Do you think they are seasonal and you guys just have leftovers from Christmas and those that can't find them sold out? I want to start stocking up again but can't find any cards in my Target except Target cards, Amazon, and iTunes. Chickfila? I wish! Hoping they at least come back for Christmas around here!

ethanwa said:
I must have missed this elsewhere, but you can only pay for your reservation with gift cards over the phone on PACKAGE deals.

If you have a ROOM-ONLY deal like I have (as an AP holder), you must pay Disney the deposit and then pay with your gift cards AT THE HOTEL when you arrive.

I didn't know this until today.

Try calling again... I just paid off my room only reservation with Disney GC's last week...

At my Target they told me I don't get 5% off on gift card purchases using my red card :( how are you all doing it?

At my Target they told me I don't get 5% off on gift card purchases using my red card :( how are you all doing it?

The Disney cards are not considered "gift cards" in the Target system they are considered 'entertainment' cards. So that's how you get 5% off :) of those.

Disney gift cards are considered "entertainment" cards at Target, so they are eligible for the 5% discount.

So I just stumbled on this thread..... You are telling me I can go and buy gift cards at target and pay off my ressie and save 5% What is the highest gc amount? $50 buck? $100? Oh..... that is alot of cards to keep up with :(
I guess I could do it in monthly installments? I just booked for June 2013. I could go and buy a $100 gift card every month and save $5 bucks and pay off in installments. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE. Savings is savings. Is it worth the trouble? I think so

So I just stumbled on this thread..... You are telling me I can go and buy gift cards at target and pay off my ressie and save 5% What is the highest gc amount? $50 buck? $100? Oh..... that is alot of cards to keep up with :(
I guess I could do it in monthly installments? I just booked for June 2013. I could go and buy a $100 gift card every month and save $5 bucks and pay off in installments. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE. Savings is savings. Is it worth the trouble? I think so

$50 is the highest gc amount at Target.

Glanced through and didn't see this mentioned.... Keep in mind that if you are using Disney GC's to pay off your Disney trip, BE SURE to keep the used GC's until after your trip is over.... If you had to cancel your trip for any reason, they would need to apply the refund in the same manner that you used to pay initially...

I think that the rule about not getting 5% off gift cards with your Redcard just applies to Target gift cards. You can't get 5% off a Target GC by using your Redcard, but you can buy other kinds of GCs and get 5% off those.

TheRatPack said:
The Disney cards are not considered "gift cards" in the Target system they are considered 'entertainment' cards. So that's how you get 5% off :) of those.

Awesome, thanks!!

I haven't seen anyone post about Giant Eagle. We get $.20 off a gallon for every $50 we spend including on gift cards. There's no cap to how much we get off a gallon and we can get up to 30 gallons which fills up both mine and my husbands cars. So for a trip that is $2000 we end up getting $240 which is roughly 68 gallons of gas for free.

I went to Target and bought $200 worth of Disney Gift Cards and when I swiped my Red Debit card, it took the 5% off, then it asked do I want to put it all on this card. So I am thinking I can buy the cards, swipe my red card to get 5% off, then put $5 on the red card and the rest on a rewards credit card. What do you think? Maybe even stack the 5% pharmacy card. Anyone tried that yet? I will the next time I go to get some cards.

Yes, I have read in other threads and in other places that you CAN stack a Pharmacy Rewards certificate AND use your Redcard and get a total of 10% off your Disney gift cards.

For those of you wondering about the Pharmacy Rewards certificate...
You get a 5% off your total day's purchase for every 5 prescriptions you get filled at the Target Pharmacy. Just make sure to use your Target Redcard (either the credit or debit version) each time you pick-up your prescriptions. I believe that they have also started a separate Target Pharmacy rewards program, but why not have the debit card and save an additional 5% on your non-RX purchases?

Combining the two deals is THE way to get the best deal off your Disney gift cards!! Gotta LOVE 10% savings!! :cool1:

I think that the rule about not getting 5% off gift cards with your Redcard just applies to Target gift cards. You can't get 5% off a Target GC by using your Redcard, but you can buy other kinds of GCs and get 5% off those.

I was told Target gift cards and Visa gift cards don't count, but all others do. They guy was very knowledgable and said he buys them with his employee discount all the time.

I went to Target and bought $200 worth of Disney Gift Cards and when I swiped my Red Debit card, it took the 5% off, then it asked do I want to put it all on this card. So I am thinking I can buy the cards, swipe my red card to get 5% off, then put $5 on the red card and the rest on a rewards credit card. What do you think? Maybe even stack the 5% pharmacy card. Anyone tried that yet? I will the next time I go to get some cards.

Anytime I have purchased anything with a RedCard and some other form of payment, the computer calculates the 5% discount only on the portion that was put on the RedCard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter