Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Disney gift card but can be used there for sure... American express has a deal right now buy a $50 GC and get a $10 card free, 4-6 wks to get though.

So, what can the cards be used for at the parks? Just merchandise? Or can they be used at restaurants, too? I haven't used gift cards at Disney before, but since I have Giant and BJs here, i might want to do these deals!,

So, what can the cards be used for at the parks? Just merchandise? Or can they be used at restaurants, too? I haven't used gift cards at Disney before, but since I have Giant and BJs here, i might want to do these deals!,

Disney gift cards can be used for almost anything at WDW. You can pay off your resort, pay for dining (TS, CS and snacks), merchandise and anything else I just can't think of at the moment. There are a few exceptions such as carts that don't have credit card machines and a few World Showcase stores but that's about it. I doubt that you can use them anywhere in Swalphin since they're not Disney owned but maybe somebody who's actually tried or asked can confirm; I'm just guessing.

I just recently found out, that the gift cards can also be used for the parking fees at all 4 parks =) This is awesome if you are not staying onsite!!

I'm subscribing to this thread. I have no Kroger or Giant near me. :( I do have a Target and a Target Credit card (that i never use). Maybe I will check that out. :)

Is anyone still finding Disney Gift Cards at their Target(s)? And if so, in what department or area?

I've been to two different Targets and not a Disney gift card in sight. Not in the Electronics area where I used to find them and not in the checkout aisles.

DH asked this evening at a Target we were in and the Guest Services Person looked at him like he was from another planet. She didn't say it but it was almost like she was thinking, "Do they not know they are in Target?" She acted like they never had them. :confused3

Is anyone still finding Disney Gift Cards at their Target(s)? And if so, in what department or area?

I've been to two different Targets and not a Disney gift card in sight. Not in the Electronics area where I used to find them and not in the checkout aisles.

DH asked this evening at a Target we were in and the Guest Services Person looked at him like he was from another planet. She didn't say it but it was almost like she was thinking, "Do they not know they are in Target?" She acted like they never had them. :confused3

Got $200+ worth of them just yesterday at Target. They had 3 different kinds of $25 cards and 2 full pegs of the standard mickey $50. They were located in electronics at the store I went to.

Not a Disney gift card but can be used there for sure... American express has a deal right now buy a $50 GC and get a $10 card free, 4-6 wks to get though.

Wish I had seen this earlier. We leave in 3 weeks. I'm subscribing to this thread so I don't miss any more great deals. :thumbsup2

Got $200+ worth of them just yesterday at Target. They had 3 different kinds of $25 cards and 2 full pegs of the standard mickey $50. They were located in electronics at the store I went to.

Well now I'm just puzzled. I've been checking just regular Targets. Maybe they are only at Super Targets?

Unless you found yours at a regular Target then ... :confused3

I'll keep checking though. Maybe they've just been out.

Thanks!

I only go to regular Targets and they've been in the Electronics aisle (the $50 ones). The $25 ones, I see at a gift card display near the checkout lines (princess & toy story).

subbing. I am amazed at some of the tricks/strategies I see here. I need to get a bit more savvy.

Jim

One the target red cards it says that the 5% does not apply to gift card purchases. I even asked the workers at target if they counted and they told me no. Is any one actually having any luck getting the discount at target?

I've always had the 5% came off on gift cards at target. Employees are probably told gift cards are excluded. If you are worried buy a $10 gift card to test it out.

One the target red cards it says that the 5% does not apply to gift card purchases. I even asked the workers at target if they counted and they told me no. Is any one actually having any luck getting the discount at target?

I've read that the Disney Gift cards @ Target are classified as "entertainment" cards -- not gift cards -- so they do qualify for the 5% discount. I don't have a Target credit card so I don't know this first hand but I've read posts on several different message boards from dozens of people who have definitely gotten the 5% discount. HTH.

Thanks for the information on the Amercian Express deal. We are just starting to plan our vacation for next summer so naturally, I am looking for ways to save.

Okay, so now I'm REALLY excited. I knew I should trust the DIS instead of the Target employees. I just went to Target and bought a $15 Chick-fil-a card and it was 5% off. (It was classified as an entertainment card).
So....if I purchase $1500 in Disney Cards, I will save $150 (with my additional 5% off pharmacy card).
Just want to check and make sure that would work. Also, at that point, I could bring all 30 cards back home and apply them to my Disney balance online, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter