Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think CVS around where I live have Disney gift cards, but I've used Walgreens gift cards to buy a Disney gift card at Walgreens.

I saw Disney gift cards at CVS for the first time yesterday. They were non-specific amounts (you could purchse the amount from $25-$500.)

Can you use a CVS gift card to purchase a Disney gift card?

Although I've never actually tried it, it's been reported here on the dis that CVS registers don't allow this. This will work at Walgreens though as long as the sales person doesn't give you a problem. This will also work at Target. If you don't have and dont' want to open up a Target Red Card, you could always buy a Target giftcard at Plastic Jungle for a 3% discount (if you go through Mr. Rebates you'll get another .5% cash back) and turn the target cards into Disney ones. Then you'd also get whatever credit rewards you get. It does seem like it would be much eaiser to just get the target card though.

OP, thanks for starting this thread! I'm always on the hunt for gift card deals!

Anyone find anything in Wisconsin or Chicago area? I want a deal too!!!:yay:

Glad that people are finding this helpful!!!!

Thanks! My parents shop at that one. I'm in Delaware County so I use the one in Springfield. That Giant in Plymouth always has way better deals than mine! I'll have my mom check it out :banana:;) I've just never had a $10 coupon print. I just got the 5% reward one last week.

I think the coupon offer is different from the rewards. I don't shop at Giant often, but I remember seeing a sign a few weeks ago at my local store where you have the option of either receiving gas rewards or 5% rewards.

The $10 coupon offer was in the circular last week. I thought it was a time-limited offer like the other weekly sales, but it's running again this week. The reason I noticed this is b/c there is a sign posted by the gift cards that says there is now a limit of 1 coupon per household per transaction, you can't use the gift card to purchase another gift card, and you can't purchase fuel gift cards and get the coupon. I guess many (like me) took advantage of the offer multiple times last week and they had to spell out the rules.

Went to BJ's yesterday. They have $50 cards for $47.99 and $100 cards for $95.99. We got several for our cruise next week :banana:

Are these Disney Gift Cards or various restaurant gift cards???

I also have not seen Disney gift Cards at BJ's and definately not marked down.

Confirmed by my hubby, a manager at a MA BJ's. They now sell them. We get rewards of cash back, so I am very excited that we'll get this discount, plus the $$ back from the rewards and we'll buy gift cards with that too!

My Stop n Shop looks like it has the same deal as Giant (same company??). Buy $50 in gift cards and get $10 coupon off next purchase. Saw the same sign posted by the gift cards explaining the rules. One coupon per purchase, cannot be used to buy GCs.

They had $25 and $50 gift cards. I have to go there today, so I will try and see what happens.

Other deals that I know of in my area are the 5% off at Target with the Debit/Credit RedCard, and my local BJ's sells cards at 4% off.

I occasionally look online at the gift card swap sites and they usually have disney GCs at a smaller discount, 2-3%.

I have started buying our Disney tickets at Kroger stores. You pay face value but receive 10 cents off a gallon for every $100 spent with a max of $1 off a transaction of 35 gallons or less. Our trip in May, I bought $1000 and my husband and I both filled our tanks. We do the same with restaurant gift cards since we typically eat out after church on Sundays. The extra $$ adds up!

just a quick update for those who are near Giant stores. I went back yesterday to buy another GC and they had a sign that said offer good until 6/23. I bought 2 $25. cards and got the $10. instore coupon good for the week. I even used the previous $10. coupon on the purchase which included store merchandise, its a win win situation. :banana:
Wish I had money to buy more. ;)

WOW! You are all killing me with that great deal at your Giant store. I wish they would do something like that around here for me.

I have been doing the Giant promotion the last two weeks. I have gotten $300 worth of Disney gift cards and then free $60 ($10 a piece) worth of Giant coupons. I hope they have the promo a few more times this summer before our trip in August, as it stands now it ends today =(

Went to BJ's yesterday. They have $50 cards for $47.99 and $100 cards for $95.99. We got several for our cruise next week :banana:

I just noticed them at our BJ's today for the first time -- and I look for them every time I go so I know they've only been there a few weeks. Ours had the $50 card for $47.99 and the $25 card for $23.99. I'm happy about that! :cool1:

I have started buying our Disney tickets at Kroger stores. You pay face value but receive 10 cents off a gallon for every $100 spent with a max of $1 off a transaction of 35 gallons or less. Our trip in May, I bought $1000 and my husband and I both filled our tanks. We do the same with restaurant gift cards since we typically eat out after church on Sundays. The extra $$ adds up!

Here, we get double fuel points for gift card purchases. The 4x fuel points ended last weekend; I sure wish that would be extended! Our max off at Kroger pumps is $2.00. AND I buy the gift cards with my Chase card, so that's 5% more through the end of the month.:yay:

I see you have twins. My BG twins will be 13 soon.

Wow! I had no idea about the Giant deal. I didn't have time to look at the sales ads earlier in the week, and glad I found out today. Guess I'm going shopping tonight!

All these great deal sound really good, but we have no Giant or BJ stores in our area. I am hoping that some of the stores in our area will have something I can take advantage of. We do have Kroger, Target and Meijer. I did not know about the Target one until to late.
Good Luck saving.

All these great deal sound really good, but we have no Giant or BJ stores in our area. I am hoping that some of the stores in our area will have something I can take advantage of. We do have Kroger, Target and Meijer. I did not know about the Target one until to late.
Good Luck saving.

Don't fret about missing the Target gift card deal -- it was regional and probably did not include your area. You can always get the 5% discount for putting Disney gift cards on your Target credit card. I opened one specifically for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!