• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in MO also...the CVS is RMN I believe?
It is but there is also a banner on Dosh for selected locations for Walmart and CVS. I mean $2 via RMN for CVS if purchasing a $25 Disney GC is still 8% off so not a total loss.....but it would be nice to stack an additional CVS discount on top of that ;)

Could people post data points where there are Walmarts that actually participate in this Dosh deal? I'm wondering both if there's anything in a drive-able distance as well as wondering what overall percentage of stores are participating.

FYI, there are plenty of CVS in metro NYC area that are participating in the 2% Dosh offer.

The Visa GCs at SB are digital GCs, which are difficult, if not impossible, to use anywhere other than the internet. I order one $25 GC at the beginning of each month if they are "on sale" and then use it to purchase a $25 Disney GC online at disneygiftcard.com. After that, I redeem for PayPal cash in $25 increments. I use the PayPal cash to pay off my rewards credit card that I use for whatever method gives me the biggest discount.
I should have taken heed of your advice here. I cashed out for the $25 virtual Visa then went to disneygiftcard.com to purchase a $25 Disney Gift card. It looked like everything went through ok then I got an email saying that they couldn't "verify" the bank for that virtual visa. When I went to disneygiftcard.com I was actually forwarded to! the shop disney website for the purchase. Now the virtual visa shows it as a zero balance so I don't see how I'm going to be able to reuse that visa :(

I actually find the Visa GC much easier to use IRL. It's much easier for the cashier to split payments than the internet to do it lol.

I redeem my SB for Visa GC and use them to either buy Disney GC online or Kroger or for normal spending and then allot that savings to Disney money. I have been redeeming for Visa instead of PayPal bc the Visa are slightly discounted.
So, do you just print out the virtual visa information and have the cashier type in the info?

Clicked on the link on DoC just to drool over what those who have Krogers get and found out the Kroger deals are for ALL Kroger owned brands- including Foods Co which I have! *mind blown* KROGER DEALS ARE MINE TOO!!! ...excitement was quickly dampened as I remembered our FoodsCo closed a couple years ago :sad2: Sometimes you just gotta watch the ship pass and be happy for those aboard! :sail:
I just realized that our Ruler Foods is a warehouse type store under the Kroger umbrella. I've never paid attention to the Kroger deals and I don't even know if Ruler Foods has gift cards...but I'm sure going to find out!

@ksromack yes! One time at PetSmart the cashier tried to do it several times but couldn't get it to work. She eventually did the method as "by phone" and that worked. Just a tip in case anyone runs into a similar problem.

I cashed out for the $25 virtual Visa then went to disneygiftcard.com to purchase a $25 Disney Gift card. It looked like everything went through ok then I got an email saying that they couldn't "verify" the bank for that virtual visa. When I went to disneygiftcard.com I was actually forwarded to! the shop disney website for the purchase.

I have used virtual visas on shop Disney many times. Last time being about 2 weeks ago.

Could people post data points where there are Walmarts that actually participate in this Dosh deal? I'm wondering both if there's anything in a drive-able distance as well as wondering what overall percentage of stores are participating.

FYI, there are plenty of CVS in metro NYC area that are participating in the 2% Dosh offer.

Apparently not a single Walmart in CO is participating though the ad comes up on my Dosh app.

Thanks!

I see the ad but no digital coupon to clip.

Will the coupon only be available to clip starting 11/8?

Does Meijer have a turnover time? (i.e. if I'm at Meijer just after midnight is it already the next day or is it like Disney lol)

I have used virtual visas on shop Disney many times. Last time being about 2 weeks ago.
The gal on the phone says it's a fairly new thing. She said it goes through like everything is ok but when they go to verify with the bank (apparently due to so much credit fraud lately they have to do some sort of bank verification now) they cannot get the third party to verify. I'm not sure what else to do. I wonder if it was because I was wanting the $25 Disney eGiftcard and not a physical gift card?

Apparently not a single Walmart in CO is participating though the ad comes up on my Dosh app.

I couldn’t find any participating Walmart’s in central or west central Ohio either.
I tried typing in several cities in Missouri and the Illinois cities close enough for me to drive to and the closest I could come up with to St Louis was Kansas City. There were a ton of Walmarts listed but I'm not willing to drive a little over 3 hours to utilize the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter