Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that's not the plan though that's what it looks like. Hopefully they come nack here to see you can't buy any gc with a bb gc before they buy a bunch of bb gc.
Actually it's still a great deal because I can sell $400 in best buy gift cards immediately on cardpool for $354 for the approximate $280 I put out and still get approximately $416 in value after gas points/cash/cash back. I'll take that any day!
I confused myself with this math, but the new breakdown is $460 for:
$354 cardpool + $20 chase freedom + $100 in gas points +60 groceries
So total value is $544 for $460, still not bad.
But now this has nothing to do with a disney gift card deal! LOL
Update: Now it does, I just bought discounted disney gift cards from BJ's and got more chase cash back! LOL!

Last edited:
Definitely one of the cards with HD. Super easy at self-checkout!

I think Happy Guy is the only one with Home Depot. It was the only one Gift Card Mall was sold out of, and the only one I really wanted. Fortunately, my BBB was a "good" one, and I had no trouble converting mine to Disney there.

I got Happy Kid because it has Buy Buy Baby, which can be used at Bed Bath and Beyond, but also Rainforest Cafe, which can be used in the Disney locations in addition to Yak&Yeti, so even if the conversion doesn't work, you can still use at Disney. But then, I was primarily buying for spending money (mostly food) for the upcoming trip, so that might not be useful for you.

So update on my Happy card - Bed Bath Beyond conversion.
My cards came last week. Six $60 Happy Kid cards, for $50 each.
Went to BBB on three trips, and converted for 2 $50 Disney GCs each time. No problems.
I held the card and swiped it. No one asked to look at it, and nothing apparently popped up on the screen. I had 4 different cashiers, and no problem with any of them. I did have to sign the slip like it was a regular credit card, which seemed odd to me, but no one gave it a second glance.

So, now I've got $300 spending money for Disney from the deal, and six Happy Kid cards with $10 on each. I'll bring them along for a possible Rainforest Cafe or Yak&Yeti meal, but otherwise they'll be converted into new leggings for DD at Gymboree or tickets to the new Fantastic Beasts movie for the boys.

Yay!!

Our Disney trip will be over then, but I might just keep stalking this thread for good deals. I always do Starbucks gift cards for all my kids' teachers, so I'd love to be able to snag some of those at a discount.
Bj's still has GC on sale until 11/3, the 8% off Disney, as well as 10% off Starbucks (3 pack of $10 for 26.99). Is that s good discount for Starbucks GC?

Bj's still has GC on sale until 11/3, the 8% off Disney, as well as 10% off Starbucks (3 pack of $10 for 26.99). Is that s good discount for Starbucks GC?
If you have a 5% back card yes. If not SB/BB is better. Best right now is if you have the Starbucks app use ChasePay to reload $20 get 125, up to 3 times for total of 475 points. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-load-starbucks-earn-up-to-475-bonus-stars/

I’m rounding up saying it’s worth 4 free items, approx value $6/each to me (I’m rounding down there so it all evens out). 6x4 = $24. 24/60= 40% savings.

Dosh + RMN deal at CVS!

Dosh = 2% back
RMN = $2 back on $10 purchase (20%)

Unfortunately, the smallest Disney GC they had at mine was a variable load $25-$500 GC. But the math still works out to a good deal. 50¢ back from Dosh and $2 back from RMN is 10% plus 2% back on my CC because pharmacies are one of their bonus categories. So, it comes down to a 12% savings.

If you have 2 accounts with RMN, you could split the payments and get a better percentage back.

Just saw the 2019 Discover rewards calendar and no more warehouse clubs. Bummer, I was maxing out the 5% back each time.

hi all ! i get an email monthly about rapid rewards from Southwest. I have never flown Southwest, never had a Southwest CC but somehow i have accumulated over 22000 points ?! I called the credit card line and gave my SSN and they verified no CC. I do not know how i got the points but i have been receiving emails since 2012 and just brushed it off until today when i looked into redeeming the points ( i obviously signed up for a rapid rewards account sometime before 2012 but had no CC) and low and behold $25 Disney gift card (on back order and will receive in 2 weeks) and so i got 8 of them. That's $200 in GCs for nothing?!? I was just wondering if anyone else has a rapid rewards account with NO CC ? I feel like i hit the Disney GC lotto >)

Just saw the 2019 Discover rewards calendar and no more warehouse clubs. Bummer, I was maxing out the 5% back each time.
Bummer! I was maxing out that deal as well! They only have Amazon for Q4.

Hmmm...if you use the Q1 grocery store bonus to purchase Visa GCs when there's a sale that either waives the activation fee or gives a coupon for $X off your next order, and then convert those to Disney GCs at BB using the SB QR code, it might be a decent deal. Even better if your grocery store offers gas rewards. All of this assumes that you can still get SB at BB.

How did it go for you? Last post I remember you were going to try a third BBB a bit further away.

I'm still holding on to the $100 Happy cards. I haven't had time to go to the BBB that's about 40 mins away. I don't think I'll make a special trip over there. If I'm out that way, I'll try to convert it. Otherwise, I might just use it at one of the other stores...

hi all ! i get an email monthly about rapid rewards from Southwest. I have never flown Southwest, never had a Southwest CC but somehow i have accumulated over 22000 points ?! I called the credit card line and gave my SSN and they verified no CC. I do not know how i got the points but i have been receiving emails since 2012 and just brushed it off until today when i looked into redeeming the points ( i obviously signed up for a rapid rewards account sometime before 2012 but had no CC) and low and behold $25 Disney gift card (on back order and will receive in 2 weeks) and so i got 8 of them. That's $200 in GCs for nothing?!? I was just wondering if anyone else has a rapid rewards account with NO CC ? I feel like i hit the Disney GC lotto >)

You can earn Rapid Rewards points through their shopping portal. You can also earn Rapid Rewards points by registering a credit card with them (a la Swagbucks Local). There's even a way to earn points by doing surveys, I think. Not sure if any of these were how you ended up with points, but it's a thought.

That's great! That would also have been at least one round trip flight to Orlando for us! We definitely fly SWA to Orlando because its non stop and free checked luggage!

Some of our restaurants locally offer credit for SWA rewards too.

At the top right hand corner of the email you should see your rr account number, go to sign in with that and click to forgot password button.

Yes, you don't need a cc. You can earn points by taking flights or the other ways already mentioned. Points expire after 24 months unless you keep your account active. You can log into your account to see where your points came from if you're curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter