Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had good luck at my Safeway until a manager caught me and then I wasn't able to do it again. The cashiers the first couple times processed them no problems, then I got a cashier who didn't know what they were doing and called a manager over who said I can't do that. Tried again and the same darn thing happened even though I had an experienced checker they called a manager over- boy was that one pissed manager when she saw me again. I had to spend my last couple hundred on groceries and wine I would have bought cheaper elsewhere. Never. Again.
Were you using physical GCs or did you print out eGCs? I order the physical GCs and I just swipe them at the card reader when it comes time to pay. It goes thru without being pushed by the cashier.

Of course, the day that I get told that I can't do it, I will stop. Like you, I will just use the GC to purchase groceries (but I'll use it on loss-leaders and coupon deals) when that day comes.

Were you using physical GCs or did you print out eGCs? I order the physical GCs and I just swipe them at the card reader when it comes time to pay. It goes thru without being pushed by the cashier.

Of course, the day that I get told that I can't do it, I will stop. Like you, I will just use the GC to purchase groceries (but I'll use it on loss-leaders and coupon deals) when that day comes.
Printed. But I won't touch physicals either obviously though it might be easier to sneak them through. It's too YMMV for me now.

do you know for sure you've received points for that purchase through SW? the target link specifically says GC are excluded - i got the 5% discount with my RedCard but still waiting on points from the purchase to post in the SW shopping portal :(

Just checking if this has worked for anyone since the SW shopping portal has the bonus deal right now. I thought gift cards wouldn't work anymore, but I hope I'm wrong.

I did my first swagbucks/BB purchase today. Does it say somewhere on the receipt that I had them scan SB?

I did my first swagbucks/BB purchase today. Does it say somewhere on the receipt that I had them scan SB?
After the total/BB rewards info, it should say Hardware/Software, you purchased the following: Swagbucks $0 affiliate sku

That means it tracked correctly. They need to scan your sb code before they total up the purchase.

But @havaneselover had not gotten her shop email as of this morning, like she normally should have for a Wednesday purchase...

Darn it. I was looking at my SB Local map, and there's a little cafe/coffee shop on it near the Zoo... we're going there Sunday! Maybe we'll have muffins/coffee! Nope, closed on Sundays.

Has this happened to someone else?

I made 6 $50 Disney gift cards purchases at Best Buy last month starting 7/17 - 7/30. I received all 6 500 bonus Swag Bucks, but NOT the 100 SB from each transaction. I also entered my phone number associated with "My Best Buy" and didn't get ANY of those points credited. I still have all the receipts, but what a PITB.

Has this happened to someone else?

I made 6 $50 Disney gift cards purchases at Best Buy last month starting 7/17 - 7/30. I received all 6 500 bonus Swag Bucks, but NOT the 100 SB from each transaction. I also entered my phone number associated with "My Best Buy" and didn't get ANY of those points credited. I still have all the receipts, but what a PITB.
Look under Shop and switch the tab to Purchases, you'll see the 100 shop points there. Those track like any other shop visit and goes pending for 32 days. The bonuses are triggered off the initial pending transaction so they post separately.

Look under Shop and switch the tab to Purchases, you'll see the 100 shop points there. Those track like any other shop visit and goes pending for 32 days. The bonuses are triggered off the initial pending transaction so they post separately.
Thank you! I found it under "Shop Activity" and I was too impatient! It says that all 600 SB will post tomorrow :bitelip:. I still have to fight with Best Buy for my points from them.

Thank you! I found it under "Shop Activity" and I was too impatient! It says that all 600 SB will post tomorrow :bitelip:. I still have to fight with Best Buy for my points from them.

Yep that's it! I missed a word there, but you found it. That's kind of interesting that it all posts on the same day, but I haven't done the BB shop in a while. Normally I'd expect you to see it starting tomorrow and every few days more will post as you come up on the ~30 day marks for each transaction. But great if you don't have to wait :)

That's really weird as no one has ever had issues with getting credit for those purchases. Imho you have a shot of the points being there, but in a different account than what you're looking at online. More than one BB Rewards account can be attached to the same phone number despite being entirely separate accounts. Do you have more than one email? Maybe you made a duplicate account for yourself at some time? Do you have a fam member who might have used your phone number? I know this because my parents both show up when I go there with my mom and they pull it up via phone number and she has to tell them to select her account (my dad's pulls up with the phone number but it is an entirely separate account, different member number and not Elite Plus Status).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter