Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on which Amex and your Best Buy Rewards status. I’m elite and using my blue cash preferred so I can get $300 for $225 ($30 back from Amex, $3 in Amex cash back, $36 from swagbucks (not counting when it pushes me over a second goal), plus $6 in B.B. rewards). That’s 25%.

I've run my math a time or two for the various deals, the last one I'm getting 10% with Amex, 12% SB, approx 2.5% BB rewards (that's where I get fuzzy, I'm elite plus and get 62 points with each transaction). I calculate no value on the Amex points because idk what I'm doing with them. I'm at 24.5%, admittedly my math is a bit fuzzy because after 20% in the calcs I get lazy ;)

"More than 20 percent" has been pretty motivating for me; I was just curious if you all had more exact numbers. The BB rewards are fuzzy for me too -- I think the last time I earned a BB reward was a few years ago.

"More than 20 percent" has been pretty motivating for me; I was just curious if you all had more exact numbers. The BB rewards are fuzzy for me too -- I think the last time I earned a BB reward was a few years ago.
Ah! Then you'll be earning a different amount there. Log into your online account to check your level. There are 3 different tiers based off how much you spend. The top tier is like $3500 and earns 1.25 points per dollar, I think the bottom tier only gets .5 points per dollar. And they are worth $0.00 until you do have 250 stored up to cash out for a $5 certificate.

I signed up for RMN yesterday and bought stuff at Staples and Walgreens today. I got the notification from Staples right away but nothing yet from Walgreens. Does that mean it didn't work?

SWAGBUCKS!!
Hi all. I'm about to reach $25 and wanted to know the safest way to cash out in order to get a disney card. I just read about some problems someone had with cashing out via visa prepaid and buying at BB. I saw someone else said that's why they always cash out through paypal. How does that work? The money goes to your paypal account?

SWAGBUCKS!!
Hi all. I'm about to reach $25 and wanted to know the safest way to cash out in order to get a disney card. I just read about some problems someone had with cashing out via visa prepaid and buying at BB. I saw someone else said that's why they always cash out through paypal. How does that work? The money goes to your paypal account?
I go for paypal. Money goes to my PayPal account and then I transfer it to my link bank account. It's easy--been doing it this way for over three years.

I go for paypal. Money goes to my PayPal account and then I transfer it to my link bank account. It's easy--been doing it this way for over three years.

Does your swagbucks account email have to be the same as your paypal account email? I've had my paypal account for years and it has a different email address. I'd love to cash out to paypal but I don't want to create a new account.

Does your swagbucks account email have to be the same as your paypal account email? I've had my paypal account for years and it has a different email address. I'd love to cash out to paypal but I don't want to create a new account.

Yes it does, but don't need to change your paypal email. You can have multiple emails associated with your PayPal account, I went into the PP settings and added my SB email so I have 2 listed now. Your name and email have to match exactly to a Verified PayPal account for SB to transfer the money.

Yes it does, but don't need to change your paypal email. You can have multiple emails associated with your PayPal account, I went into the PP settings and added my SB email so I have 2 listed now. Your name and email have to match exactly to a Verified PayPal account for SB to transfer the money.
Oh great, thanks so much :)

Not that this needed to be said but I had such an easy experience cashing out for my discounted visa and buying direct from the disney store for my $25 gift card. Please with how quick shipping was from Disney as well. This is definitely a great use of the first GC of the month discount from SB.

What is this first GC of the month discount??? (Hi! I'm new at all this SB stuff)

Not that this needed to be said but I had such an easy experience cashing out for my discounted visa and buying direct from the disney store for my $25 gift card. Please with how quick shipping was from Disney as well. This is definitely a great use of the first GC of the month discount from SB.
Hmm.... might give this a shot. I've avoided that being worried about my ability to spend it but with DPs of you and others I'm re-considering my Avoid Like The Plague stance...

Never again will I load up on gift cards to buy Disney gift cards or gift cards related to my Disney trip again. Finally used up all the Amazon credit I stupidly bought for Prime Day. My siblings gave me the cash to buy them stuff off Amazon. I dodged the bullet twice before. I was about to buy hundreds of dollars worth of BB gift cards during their infamous promotion. Then I logged on here right before I was going to buy and saw that they changed their policy. Same thing with Target.

Never again will I load up on gift cards to buy Disney gift cards or gift cards related to my Disney trip again. Finally used up all the Amazon credit I stupidly bought for Prime Day. My siblings gave me the cash to buy them stuff off Amazon. I dodged the bullet twice before. I was about to buy hundreds of dollars worth of BB gift cards during their infamous promotion. Then I logged on here right before I was going to buy and saw that they changed their policy. Same thing with Target.
I was pretty disappointed there was no Hotels.com gift card deal!

**DANGER!! WARNING!!!***

So, my gift card came in the mail and when I went to add it to my Disney gift card account, it said the card was invalid. I immediately knew what that meant...it had not been activated:mad:. I called BestBuy and the associate was actually very helpful. He took my information and said that he could activate it on his end...until he took my order number. He input the gift card number and said that the gift card could not be activated because it was flagged as potential FRAUD:eek::scared1:. I explained to him that I had used a virtual Visa card that I received as a reward from an online survey site. I have never used a virtual Visa at Best Buy before so I did not know if that was the issue or if it had to do with the number of gift cards that I have purchased through Best Buy. I've purchased less than $1000 in the past year so it's not an enormous amount compared to some people. I explained exactly what I use the gift cards for and he agreed that it "certainly doesn't seem like fraud". He said that I can take the gift card to the store (with the receipt) and they can exchange it for an activated one. Honestly, I imagine I may run into an issue with that so I will make sure to make that trip when I have plenty of time. I hope I can at least get my $25 back. I mean, I *did* use a Visa card, after all...not a gift card.

I think it is time to cash out the $155 in BestBuy rewards and get my Disney gift cards with those while I still can. If BestBuy is going to start down the road of making accusations of fraud for people who are buying Disney gift cards $25-$50 at a time, then I am going to be done with them. That's pretty ridiculous. I buy $500 twice a year. Other than that, I've bought $25-$50 at a time and that has been only once or twice a month...certainly nothing extreme.

UPDATE

I went to my BB store yesterday and one of my "regular" cashiers was working at the customer service desk. I explained to her what happened and she sort of laughed and agreed that "fraud" is a little far-fetched for a $25 Disney gift card. After a lot of back and forth with the help desk, she was unable to do anything in the store because the gift card that was sent to me had been "deactivated" in their system. What she explained to me is that it looks like it had been activated, sent out, and then de-activated when they suspected it was purchased with a fraudulent card. At that point, they "returned" it and started the refund process to my Virtual Visa card. She said that process can take several days. I had the printouts from my Virtual Visa account which clearly showed the transaction that was made from my card by Best Buy. I was also able to pull up a current screen shot, showing that the balance was currently $0. I told her that I am not concerned with HOW I get the $25 back (refund or Disney card), I just want to make sure I get it back eventually:teeth:. She told me to give it 2 more days and when I told her I work the next 4, she said she works again on Tuesday...perfect! I will be back in that area on Tuesday so I can stop in. She said we can get it all straightened out then if the card has not been credited by then. She was amazingly helpful and patient and I am hoping to get her name again when I go back because she deserves some recognition.

Basically, what happened is that BEST BUY NO LONGER ACCEPTS VIRTUAL VISA/MASTERCARDS AS PAYMENTS but they DO NOT ADVERTISE THIS. She said that the order should not have gone through in the first place and it should have been cancelled. Remember the "old days" when the orders would show "cancelled....unable to verify payment" or something like that? That is what should have happened here, but it didn't. I learned my lesson and I am sticking to PayPal or I will simply purchase my gift cards from the Disney Store.

I've had good luck redeeming Amazon GCs for Safeway GCs and then buying Disney GCs at the store with them. I don't do it often or for very much at one time. It takes me a while to earn $100 in Amazon GCs, so maybe once per month.

You could also nab a few Starbucks GCs via Amazon and use them at Disney locations. They carry a number of grab n go items that are suitable for breakfast or light lunches.

I've had good luck redeeming Amazon GCs for Safeway GCs and then buying Disney GCs at the store with them. I don't do it often or for very much at one time. It takes me a while to earn $100 in Amazon GCs, so maybe once per month...
I had good luck at my Safeway until a manager caught me and then I wasn't able to do it again. The cashiers the first couple times processed them no problems, then I got a cashier who didn't know what they were doing and called a manager over who said I can't do that. Tried again and the same darn thing happened even though I had an experienced checker they called a manager over- boy was that one pissed manager when she saw me again. I had to spend my last couple hundred on groceries and wine I would have bought cheaper elsewhere. Never. Again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter