Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m shocked...I *DID* get credit for the Disney gift card! So this is one way to earn rewards on gift card purchases.:goodvibes
**DANGER!! WARNING!!!***

So, my gift card came in the mail and when I went to add it to my Disney gift card account, it said the card was invalid. I immediately knew what that meant...it had not been activated:mad:. I called BestBuy and the associate was actually very helpful. He took my information and said that he could activate it on his end...until he took my order number. He input the gift card number and said that the gift card could not be activated because it was flagged as potential FRAUD:eek::scared1:. I explained to him that I had used a virtual Visa card that I received as a reward from an online survey site. I have never used a virtual Visa at Best Buy before so I did not know if that was the issue or if it had to do with the number of gift cards that I have purchased through Best Buy. I've purchased less than $1000 in the past year so it's not an enormous amount compared to some people. I explained exactly what I use the gift cards for and he agreed that it "certainly doesn't seem like fraud". He said that I can take the gift card to the store (with the receipt) and they can exchange it for an activated one. Honestly, I imagine I may run into an issue with that so I will make sure to make that trip when I have plenty of time. I hope I can at least get my $25 back. I mean, I *did* use a Visa card, after all...not a gift card.

I think it is time to cash out the $155 in BestBuy rewards and get my Disney gift cards with those while I still can. If BestBuy is going to start down the road of making accusations of fraud for people who are buying Disney gift cards $25-$50 at a time, then I am going to be done with them. That's pretty ridiculous. I buy $500 twice a year. Other than that, I've bought $25-$50 at a time and that has been only once or twice a month...certainly nothing extreme.

**DANGER!! WARNING!!!***

So, my gift card came in the mail and when I went to add it to my Disney gift card account, it said the card was invalid. I immediately knew what that meant...it had not been activated:mad:. I called BestBuy and the associate was actually very helpful. He took my information and said that he could activate it on his end...until he took my order number. He input the gift card number and said that the gift card could not be activated because it was flagged as potential FRAUD:eek::scared1:. I explained to him that I had used a virtual Visa card that I received as a reward from an online survey site. I have never used a virtual Visa at Best Buy before so I did not know if that was the issue or if it had to do with the number of gift cards that I have purchased through Best Buy. I've purchased less than $1000 in the past year so it's not an enormous amount compared to some people. I explained exactly what I use the gift cards for and he agreed that it "certainly doesn't seem like fraud". He said that I can take the gift card to the store (with the receipt) and they can exchange it for an activated one. Honestly, I imagine I may run into an issue with that so I will make sure to make that trip when I have plenty of time. I hope I can at least get my $25 back. I mean, I *did* use a Visa card, after all...not a gift card.

I think it is time to cash out the $155 in BestBuy rewards and get my Disney gift cards with those while I still can. If BestBuy is going to start down the road of making accusations of fraud for people who are buying Disney gift cards $25-$50 at a time, then I am going to be done with them. That's pretty ridiculous. I buy $500 twice a year. Other than that, I've bought $25-$50 at a time and that has been only once or twice a month...certainly nothing extreme.
Thanks for taking one for the team! Best Buy is getting so finicky, I haven't even been going there any more - too far and too much trouble.

**DANGER!! WARNING!!!***

I had trouble once with a BB giftcard I ordered online not being activated. Took it to the store and they gave me a new one. Not a problem at all

RMN issues..... so far I've used instore the Biglots,Walgreens (x2) CVS and online Sams offer. Only Walgreens has gone thru. I've linked and activated for them all.I hate this app so far...am I doing something wrong? not even showing pending for anything other than WG(which I'm going for my third today) but so far I've spent way too much time worrying about using it for the net $15 I'm getting back...and I feel kind of cheated too right now since my Sams order was big.

**DANGER!! WARNING!!!***

yikes! Yeah pre-paid Visas are their own beast. While I've looked at that pre-paid Visa on SB, I just keep passing and cashing out for PayPal. I've learned that lesson the hard way as well... After successfully purchasing gift cards from BJs last year, I used a physical pre-paid Visa acquired from Walmart with BJs online. They processed my order fine but then blacklisted me, all future orders cancelled within an hour, reps had no clue why. Nobody at any address I had ordered to could order from them, and if they shipped something to my address from BJs they were linked to me and could no longer order even to their own address. Thankfully we are a bunch of Californians so nbd at the end of the day but I got a serious lesson in using pre-paid Visa's. I dismissed it when others reported successfully using prepaid Visas with BJs online but reading your story convinces me I was right in that I was flagged in their system as a fraud risk. (They just have a very intense fraud algo with the banning of anyone remotely associated with your address!)

I would DEFINITELY cash out those BB rewards! What are you going to do if they clamp down on their rewards programs and no longer allow you to redeem your rewards for gift cards?

In general, I'd try to avoid buying Disney Gift Cards through BestBuy online.
I've twice had them not activate the card. They were then unable to activate it either online or in store, and both orders had to be refunded and I had to re-purchase the cards in-store instead. It is a pain in the rear end.

yikes! Yeah pre-paid Visas are their own beast. While I've looked at that pre-paid Visa on SB, I just keep passing and cashing out for PayPal. I've learned that lesson the hard way as well... After successfully purchasing gift cards from BJs last year, I used a physical pre-paid Visa acquired from Walmart with BJs online. They processed my order fine but then blacklisted me, all future orders cancelled within an hour, reps had no clue why. Nobody at any address I had ordered to could order from them, and if they shipped something to my address from BJs they were linked to me and could no longer order even to their own address. Thankfully we are a bunch of Californians so nbd at the end of the day but I got a serious lesson in using pre-paid Visa's. I dismissed it when others reported successfully using prepaid Visas with BJs online but reading your story convinces me I was right in that I was flagged in their system as a fraud risk. (They just have a very intense fraud algo with the banning of anyone remotely associated with your address!)

I would DEFINITELY cash out those BB rewards! What are you going to do if they clamp down on their rewards programs and no longer allow you to redeem your rewards for gift cards?

Wow and thanks for the heads-up about the pre-paid Visas. I cashed out SB for a few pre-paid MCs last year and had no issues using them at Amazon, but I'm in full-on "I need Disney GC" mode so I've been cashing out for Wal-mart GC to use at Sam's.

I also need to cash out my BB rewards ASAP. I almost messed up last week when the BB clerk asked if I wanted to apply a $5 reward to my $50 GC purchase -- I almost said yes until I realized that the SB rewards requires a $50 purchase.

So I have a bunch of $5 BB rewards -- can I use them all at once to buy a Disney GC?

RMN issues..... so far I've used instore the Biglots,Walgreens (x2) CVS and online Sams offer. Only Walgreens has gone thru. I've linked and activated for them all.I hate this app so far...am I doing something wrong? not even showing pending for anything other than WG(which I'm going for my third today) but so far I've spent way too much time worrying about using it for the net $15 I'm getting back...and I feel kind of cheated too right now since my Sams order was big.

I only recently started using the in store when the Walgreens became available. I've had good luck with Walgreens (the only in store I've used), but I had used the online quite a few times before that and I've always gotten my money. I've used it for American Eagle, Macy's and Hotels.com. They were all higher than other cash back offers (ebates, etc). I would contact them if you don't receive your money. I haven't had to contact them about not receiving money, but I did contact them about being able to see my history and they got right back with me.

Thanks! I'll see if I can do that as a separate transaction on my BB run tomorrow.
Fwiw I combine them with my SB transaction. As long as $50 is still charged to your credit card your fine. For instance I've done a variable load $55, used a $5 rewards cert and then charged $50 to my credit card and gotten the bonus. (The only time it went wrong was when I totally forgot to use my $5 reward at the counter and charged $55 to my credit card- nbd considering how much I've made off this deal though!)

Finished the last of my Amex offers. Would have passed but could really use the savings. 12 trips to BB for me. While I'm happy with the savings part of me is REALLY glad to be done with that offer...

Fwiw I combine them with my SB transaction. As long as $50 is still charged to your credit card your fine. For instance I've done a variable load $55, used a $5 rewards cert and then charged $50 to my credit card and gotten the bonus. (The only time it went wrong was when I totally forgot to use my $5 reward at the counter and charged $55 to my credit card- nbd considering how much I've made off this deal though!)

That would definitely be more efficient -- do you print out the BB rewards? Or just tell the cashier that you want to use them? The one time I almost messed up and used a $5 reward on a $50 GC, the cashier asked me if I wanted to use the reward.

Finished the last of my Amex offers. Would have passed but could really use the savings. 12 trips to BB for me. While I'm happy with the savings part of me is REALLY glad to be done with that offer...

I have 2 more trips. Have you calculated the exact discount, including SB, AmEx, and BB rewards? I just keep telling myself it's a 20+ percent discount.

I have 2 more trips. Have you calculated the exact discount, including SB, AmEx, and BB rewards? I just keep telling myself it's a 20+ percent discount.
It depends on which Amex and your Best Buy Rewards status. I’m elite and using my blue cash preferred so I can get $300 for $225 ($30 back from Amex, $3 in Amex cash back, $36 from swagbucks (not counting when it pushes me over a second goal), plus $6 in B.B. rewards). That’s 25%.

I've run my math a time or two for the various deals, the last one I'm getting 10% with Amex, 12% SB, approx 2.5% BB rewards (that's where I get fuzzy, I'm elite plus and get 62 points with each transaction). I calculate no value on the Amex points because idk what I'm doing with them. I'm at 24.5%, admittedly my math is a bit fuzzy because after 20% in the calcs I get lazy ;)

That would definitely be more efficient -- do you print out the BB rewards? Or just tell the cashier that you want to use them? The one time I almost messed up and used a $5 reward on a $50 GC, the cashier asked me if I wanted to use the reward.
I used to until I realized they just looked them up on the computer anyway. Last dozen times I've done it I've just told them I had rewards and they clicked them on the checkout screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter