Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I saw the livestream and was disappointed in everything... However, I may give it a shot when I am there. I really wish , maybe I cannot find it, there was a Harmonious because I have different thoughts on that.

Well, I just watched Craig’s version for the first time. I feel a little better about the show. There were some good moments. I’ve never even seen Frozen 2, but the “into the unknown” montage was great. That part gave me goosebumps when they incorporated the lightning and using the fireworks in conjunction with Elsa’s hands. THATS WHAT THIS WHOLE SHOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN! GOOSEBUMP MOMENTS FROM BEGINNING TO END! Instead it is mostly montages in a small circular area on the castle! HEA they made the castle MOVE! I remember the turrets moving up and down, and the castle being burnt down and rebuilt! It was great use of the projections and I felt they hardly did any of that great stuff with the exception of the “into the unknown” section.
you know what would have been nice to see too? And I know this has been mentioned over and over. But some nod to Mickey and Walt. They could have taken a compilation of Walt’s voice and maybe have made some new custom greeting or narration for this thing. With all their resources it could have been so much more.

I heard the new song while at Geyser Point tonight (since they pump in the music for the fireworks)… it’s the worst song of all time.
I don't agree it's the worst song..... just that it was the worst choice of singers. Just because he won Grammy's doesn't make him the best choice to sing what he wrote. The song is good... with the right vocals it could be great.... Disney failed on this!

All the vocals in this were bad! I cringed when Into the Unknown played... that was the worst part!

I don't agree it's the worst song..... just that it was the worst choice of singers. Just because he won Grammy's doesn't make him the best choice to sing what he wrote. The song is good... with the right vocals it could be great.... Disney failed on this!

All the vocals in this were bad! I cringed when Into the Unknown played... that was the worst part!

OMG---- and I thought it was just me ! And after the first performance, that was the exact word I used-- "Into the Unknown" was "cringe"-inducing - and I believe the first (or maybe second) song was "Aladdin"-- the vocals were terrible ! Like a cat scratching a blackboard with metal fingernails !!

I'm trying not to. LOL! The 50th Anniversary castle is much to my liking. Very majestic and it's done in very good taste. It looks like a castle you'd expect a princess to live in.
Yes the birthday cake was loud, but you knew it would go away after the celebration. This new graffiti castle unfortunately, and I hope not , may be with us for a while. The new paint job is horrendous, and looks for like someone got hold of it with spray paint. Though the new ribbons and other accoutrements are pretty nice. I am not alone there either. I was on the monorail Friday and overheard a couple people talk about how ugly the new color is.

I’m sure it’s a good enough show and better in person. I’m just baffled at how a golden anniversary celebration show doesn’t begin and end with Walt, image and voice, refer to the Florida project, that it will never be finished, include Mickey and basically be a review of 50 years of WDW. What we seem to have is nice but it’s just the next show, not something special for the anniversary.

I’m sure folks poured their heart and soul into it so I don’t want to be overly critical and I will no doubt enjoy it when I see it. I just think it was a missed opportunity.

They could bring back 'Celebrate the Magic' and play that before fireworks, as that honors Walt... and had better projections...

My sincere apologies if this was already mentioned ... just got home with kids (and long days of school !!)
Saw on FB that there is a petition circulating to bring back "HEA"

Again... sorry if its not true or mentioned already

My sincere apologies if this was already mentioned ... just got home with kids (and long days of school !!)
Saw on FB that there is a petition circulating to bring back "HEA"

Again... sorry if its not true or mentioned already

Its on Chip & Co FB page--- not sure if I am allowed to post the link

Exactly.

And why is the Hunchback of Notre Dame featured in both of the new night time shows (at MK & Epcot)? I mean, they completely left Mickey Mouse out, but included a character of a movie that is hardly in everybody's top 10 list?
Without looking I’d predict they are planning to have a live action remake of hunchback? I remember seeing rumors that major decisions for all divisions these days go through marketing so maybe the decision of fireworks/nighttime shows content was driven by what they think will sell Disney plus or sell future movie releases?

Like the tons of posts to bring back Wishes when HEA premiered.
lol. Try searching for "bring wishes back" or wishes petition on the DisBoards.

There's one, from before it left, and even there, the majority of the sentiment was, "I don't want Wishes to go but I'll give it [HEA] a chance." I couldn't find threads after HEA that asked for the same - if you can, I'd love to see them!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wishes-is-gone-leaving-in-may.3577650/
Here's what comes up for wishes petition (not with + because that wouldn't work in this instance): https://www.disboards.com/search/3330060/?q=wishes+petition&o=date

Exactly.

And why is the Hunchback of Notre Dame featured in both of the new night time shows (at MK & Epcot)? I mean, they completely left Mickey Mouse out, but included a character of a movie that is hardly in everybody's top 10 list?

I didn’t even recognize that song at the end of Harmonious. I guess it was from Hunchback? No idea. I never saw Hunchback or Hercules or any of those movies released during that kind of dark period of Disney animation.

I feel like the show creator for this was that one guy who always liked the obscure movie because it was cool to be different. Shoehorning these songs into anniversary shows about the parks was definitely a choice.

Yes the birthday cake was loud, but you knew it would go away after the celebration. This new graffiti castle unfortunately, and I hope not , may be with us for a while. The new paint job is horrendous, and looks for like someone got hold of it with spray paint. Though the new ribbons and other accoutrements are pretty nice. I am not alone there either. I was on the monorail Friday and overheard a couple people talk about how ugly the new color is.

To each his own. I also have heard a lot of people who like it. That pink cake and lifesaver castle though...:scared:!

Without looking I’d predict they are planning to have a live action remake of hunchback? I remember seeing rumors that major decisions for all divisions these days go through marketing so maybe the decision of fireworks/nighttime shows content was driven by what they think will sell Disney plus or sell future movie releases?

Bleh. It doesn't need to be a live remake. The animated movie wasn't that good.

Went last night. HEA has ruined us I guess.

This was much shorter, at one point it appeared they projected a small hole with the characters inside the hole instead of across the castle. HEA actually had "scenes" spreading across the castle. Spent way too long on the worst Fantasmic song, kicked out Tink as an after thought. Main st looked colorful but mostly blurry. Just not great IMO.

This could have taken over for Wishes and have been fine, THEN for the 50th started HEA and it would have been amazing.

But for this to take over HEA for a 50th celebration? A big no from us.

We will indeed still go on occasion, mostly taking friends/family-setting low expectations from what they missed.

We actually liked Harmonious though, even as an Illuminations replacement.

AK Tree of Life was a zero out of 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter