Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
The early sneak peak will be in just a few hours. Don't forget to check it out and post your thoughts here afterwards. I'm legit looking forward to seeing this. Fingers crossed!

IMHO, Wishes was great, HEA was better.

Enchantment has big shoes to fill.

It's funny, I just rewatched Wishes on YouTube earlier today and I forgot how good it was. It does actually have a cohesive story instead of just a combo of random songs. Seeing it in person I always got goosebumps. It feels very "classic" Disney, especially with all the Pinocchio elements. I don't think it was really trying to be innovative or pretentious, it was just a great show. I never saw HEA in person but I have seen a bunch of videos. I will say that I like the original music better in HEA vs the "starlight starbright" Wishes music. I also think a lot of the projections were really cool and really enhanced the experience and made it something really special. But overall I think Wishes might be a better show.

Let us try to watch it with an open mind. Some stuff we won't like and hopefully it will have more to like than not. I want to see a well-communicated inspiring story, understandable even without much language, be first and foremost on WDW's priority - the basis of any performing art. Can always improve on visuals over time, but the story makes or breaks the presentation.

p.s. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...om-magic-kingdom-park-tonight-at-1015-p-m-et/

10:27pm - So far a nice song by Christina Aguilera. then Chapek and Iger went on the stage. Iger what are you doing there? Let Chapek succeed or fail on his own.

10:35pm Iger gave a nice speech and both Bobs pressed a button to rededicate the Cinderella Castle. Very nicely done. High production value and obviously planned out better, unlike last night.

10:39pm Act 1 with an original song? Transitioned to a nice speech then leading off Act 2 with Princess and the Frog then to Moana. So far I'm cool with this.

10:43pm Moving from one movie theme song to another; all crowd pleasers. Panned back to Main Street with projection on buildings, but the angle wasn't good with livestream. I'm looking forward to seeing those in person.

10:47pm Theme music and projection mood turned dark and I am trying to understand what that was about. Bring the mood down before inspiring guests again to be strong and not give up? then a speech inspiring guests about believing the magic leading off Act 3.

10:52pm The end. I felt that was well done and wholesome, like HEA. Same production style but different message. One downside is that Enchantment won't be as good of a show as HEA for proposing to one's fiance(e), but I'm fine with that :D

Last edited:

Is it my internet connection? The delay looks like a badly dubbed Godzilla movie.
Are they going to start each performance with some star lip syncing to a song?

All of them are off - we tried watching it on different computers/phones - wifi or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter