Disney Dream July 28 2017 (3-Night Bahamian Cruise)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well.
We will be driving and doing Disney before the cruise.
Time to start planning. Does anyone know a good hotel near the port to stay at before the cruise?

Your best bet is to look near the Cocoa Beach area. There is a wide $$$ range in hotels down there.

Check it out everyone! We are under 200 days for our cruise! I know its still quite a bit of time away but let me tell u t
It goes by fast!
There are plenty of fun things to do abord the Ship. I know one thing I look forward to are the shows! I hear theres one called "Villains Tonight" that's supposed to be on our cruise. I hope so I love them and my husband is excited to hear Hades is in the show!
What are you guys most excited about? Whos your favorite Disney Villain?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170111-090558.jpg
    Screenshot_20170111-090558.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
We'd like to join the fish extender group! 2 adults, 2 boys (ages 10 and almost 6 at cruise time!) Celebrating both boys birthdays and our anniversary! Would love to hear more about what are good things for fish extenders and how it works, give to only kids or adults too? Thanks!

Welcome to the group DISfamilyGRIFS! Any questions abut FE ask away!!! We are also celebrating a few things on board as well! its always nice to do so!

Fish Extenders (FE) are gifts that people can give other members in this group. They can either be home-made (by you or Etsy) or store bought. Sometimes people do gifts for everyone in the stateroom or they do one gift for the room. Either is ok. On the fish (or seahorse) hook next to the door you will find where to place the gift. usually there is a pocket for everyone and it has their name on it. I can either be bought (Etsy) or you can make your own. They all work! This group will be doing ONE DAY GIFT. there are some groups that do several days of gift exchange (or so i have heard) but we are not. So basically one gift per person/stateroom to be delivered one time. It can be alot to do more then that because of the ship and the time people have. The last picture is what some one received on their cruise. There looks to be fans, stickers, candy a shoe bottle opener (Cinderella theme), ADULT ONLY bottle of Crown (What a Princesses with out her CROWN). People have made games, autograph books, photo albums, key rings, coasters, CDs, ect. as gifts. The whole point of FE (i feel) is to just add that little extra Disney Magic to your amazing trip! So please have fun this is not something to stress about! Any other questions please feel free to ask!!! Again Welcome all!

d99.JPG

il_570xN.385203591_r22u.jpg

bf2a7bd069bbea5df7190fc08a99a0b5.jpg

*****NEW GROUP MEMBERS******

Rules:
There are no rules. Seriously. I don't like to micromanage these lists and just want everyone to have fun. There is no minimum or maximum to spend, there is no requirement that it be handmade or store bought. These are gifts you only have to deliver once and can either be one for each person in the cabin or a cabin gift. You can deliver on any day you wish to deliver, but I would not wait for the day we get off the ship, because we all get off super early and some may abandon their rooms before you even begin delivery.

Thank you!

List So far:
@DisneyLovin'VillainMommy 2A 1K (B8) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@DisneyOldingFamily 2A 3K (B10, B8, G6) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@DisneyGrammy51 2A {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@hoffnaz 2A 3K (G11, G10, B5)
@iheartjuppy 2A 2K (??)
@Mpaige1 1A 1K (B8)
@DISfamilyGRIFS 2A 2K (B10 & B6) {{Birthday and Anniversary}}

Almost to the 170 days mark! So very excited!!! I know our son is very excited to go again! Something we found fun for our last cruise was he kept a journal (not alot of writing i mean come on its summer right!?!) But it was more of a fill in the blank journal! He was able to tell about his day and what we did plus it makes a great memory for the kids to look back on! Another thing he enjoyed was the kids club! I think his favorite parts were the science time and the cooking time! He got to make green slime and was able to bake cookies there. if you are planning to bring kids i suggest AT LEAST signing them up for this even if you do not use it, because once we leave port you are NOT able to sign them up. This is due to the wristbands and security they have for the kids club area. I would check it out before too long! (Can't guarantee they will have jackets like in the picture! sorry!)

Disney-Dream-Cruiseline-science-room.jpg

*****NEW GROUP MEMBERS****** WE HAVE ROOM FOR ONE MORE FAMILY BEFORE WE CLOSE THE GROUP I FEEL THAT WE SHOULD HAVE NO MORE THEN 10 FAMILIES*******

Rules:
There are no rules. Seriously. I don't like to micromanage these lists and just want everyone to have fun. There is no minimum or maximum to spend, there is no requirement that it be handmade or store bought. These are gifts you only have to deliver once and can either be one for each person in the cabin or a cabin gift. You can deliver on any day you wish to deliver, but I would not wait for the day we get off the ship, because we all get off super early and some may abandon their rooms before you even begin delivery. ***When it gets closer to the cruse 2 things will need to happen: we will need confirm with everyone who would like to participate that they still want to and that the information is correct AND i will make up a list & post it for all with staterooms and information so we can use that to drop off gifts***

Thank you!

List So far:
1. @DisneyLovin'VillainMommy 2A 1K (B8) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
2. @DisneyOldingFamily 2A 3K (B10, B8, G6) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
3. @DisneyGrammy51 2A {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
4. @hoffnaz 2A 3K (G11, G10, B5)
5. @iheartjuppy 2A 2K (??)
6. @Mpaige1 1A 1K (B8)
7. @DISfamilyGRIFS 2A 2K (B10 & B6) {{Birthday and Anniversary}}
8. @jodi7 4A 2K (AGE, BOYS OR GIRLS OR BOTH) {{ }}
9. @Brooke Hammack 2A 1K (1.5G) {{Child's first cruise}}
10. ***ONE MORE FAMILY***

Kids: 15
Adults: 19

VERY EXCITED!!!! About 144 days till we set sail!!!!

One thing I love about the Disney Cruise is that you are able to have Meet & Greets with characters. One night they will all be dressed up in pirate costumes, another night they will have on formal clothing, other times it will be their fun cruise or summer attire. They do have set times and they do change out their characters BUT I have to say that we got all the pictures with the characters that we wanted. They also have photo packages you may purchase before hand and they have a discount rate. There are the display bookcases that store your photos but you may look at them anytime! We always have fun looking to find where our book is and almost every time we opened it there were new pictures in there! Besides character pictures there are pictures from dinner and some from Castaway Cay. BEST ADVICE: check out the photo options before you go if to buy early but at least see what they offer. Here is the link to the web site:

https://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/...hy&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography

Happy Sailing Friends!​

Shutters books cruise.JPG shutters studio.jpg

*****NEW GROUP MEMBERS******

Rules:
There are no rules. Seriously. I don't like to micromanage these lists and just want everyone to have fun. There is no minimum or maximum to spend, there is no requirement that it be handmade or store bought. These are gifts you only have to deliver once and can either be one for each person in the cabin or a cabin gift. You can deliver on any day you wish to deliver, but I would not wait for the day we get off the ship, because we all get off super early and some may abandon their rooms before you even begin delivery.

Thank you!

List So far:
@DisneyLovin'VillainMommy 2A 1K (B8) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@DisneyOldingFamily 2A 3K (B10, B8, G6) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@DisneyGrammy51 2A {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
@hoffnaz 2A 3K (G11, G10, B5)
@iheartjuppy 2A 2K (??)
@Mpaige1 1A 1K (B8)
@DISfamilyGRIFS 2A 2K (B10 & B6) {{Birthday and Anniversary}}

*****NEW GROUP MEMBERS****** OUR GROUP IS CLOSED*******SO EXCITED WE HAVE OUR 10********

Rules:
There are no rules. Seriously. I don't like to micromanage these lists and just want everyone to have fun. There is no minimum or maximum to spend, there is no requirement that it be handmade or store bought. These are gifts you only have to deliver once and can either be one for each person in the cabin or a cabin gift. You can deliver on any day you wish to deliver, but I would not wait for the day we get off the ship, because we all get off super early and some may abandon their rooms before you even begin delivery. ***When it gets closer to the cruse 2 things will need to happen: we will need confirm with everyone who would like to participate that they still want to and that the information is correct AND i will make up a list & post it for all with staterooms and information so we can use that to drop off gifts***

Thank you!

List So far:
1. @DisneyLovin'VillainMommy 2A 1K (B8) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
2. @DisneyOldingFamily 2A 3K (B10, B8, G6) {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
3. @DisneyGrammy51 2A {{Family reunion, Anniversary, Retirement, ect.}}
4. @hoffnaz 2A 3K (G11, G10, B5)
5. @iheartjuppy 2A 2K (??)
6. @Mpaige1 1A 1K (B8)
7. @DISfamilyGRIFS 2A 2K (B10 & B6) {{Birthday and Anniversary}}
8. @jodi7 4A 2K (AGE, BOYS OR GIRLS OR BOTH) {{ }}
9. @Brooke Hammack 2A 1K (1.5G) {{Child's first cruise}}
10. @disneydream306 2A 2K (12B & B9)

Kids: 17
Adults: 21

VERY EXCITED!!!! About 124 days till we set sail!!!!

Ahoy Disney Cruise Friends!!! Something we love to do with our child a cruise journal! Its a great way to help remember what they did and what their favorite parts were! Our last one we went on was a Halloween Cruise and he had a lot to say about halloween and the food from the cruise! Its a great way to end the night and also makes a personal souvenir for your child/family! You can make your own or buy downloads from Etsy like the one below! Happy Sailing friends!!

upload_2017-3-25_18-0-2.png

An exciting thing to always look for on the Disney Cruise is the Restaurants! I love the fact that you get to dine in 3 different ones while on your stay! Even on the longer cruises you still have the 3 different ones but the menus are different every night! On our Ship the Disney Dream we have: The Animator's Palate, The Royal Palace and the Enchanted Garden. In Animator's Palate it gives you a look at some of the Disney Design and how they have evolved into the characters we see on the big screen. There food is very colorful and amazing! Also keep an eye out for a BIG surprise in there! The Royal Palace is beautiful! Here the food is a bit more rich in taste and the art around of the Princes and Princesses is a sight to see. The Enchanted Garden has a feel like you really are in a garden. There is a fountain in the middle (Working water) and the lighting in there makes it seem like the sky is above. Keep an eye on the ceiling for a magical surprise! There is also Adult Only dining that includes Remy and Palo. Palo is more of an Italian feel while Remy is more French. Both have a romantic atmosphere and as always amazing food. The more casual dining on board is Cabanas (open for breakfast lunch, and dinner) and Flo's Cafe. Cabanas is a buffet style and there is TONS of choices. It nice because i never had the same breakfast twice on our last cruise! We usually had our lunch from Flo's Cafe which has different garage opening that serve different foods at each. It was simple and fast for our little boy who just wanted to swim. But the best of all thing in his eyes (and my husbands) was the Eye Scream and Frozone Treats! Here you can get soft serve ice cream in a few flavors not just chocolate or Vanilla. There are cones for you to make your own and as many as you want! Lastly there is always room service. I can say we have never used them on our cruises just because we didn't feel a need to but that is an option you have if you would like to use! Cant wait to see what place everyone likes best!

Disney-Dream-animators-palate-500x333.jpg

Royal%20Palace%20Princess%20Portraits%202

0c46b25097ff7eaa00aaf31034ee335d.jpg
Disney-Dream-Cabanas-3.jpg

Flos_Cafe2.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Is there going to be another group? Or is there a chance that you would take one more family of 5? I just booked two days ago and haven't even heard about fish extenders until today even though this will not be my first time sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter