• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful as always!! I want them, lol. I am so wishing I had my DSLR the night I saw the parade, so I'm stuck with the photos I got from my P&S. Which aren't bad, but nowhere near the quality I want out of them, lol. I totally didn't know you were there yesterday. Did you just go for the evening?

Just finished re-sizing the pics from my 1st day. I might try and post them tonight. But I've got a book I'm dying to jump into!

Thanks! :) Lugging around the heavier camera can sure be a pain, but sometimes it pays off. Just yet another reason to be back to DLR soon though right? :) I hope your holiday trip was awesome! I'll have to hunt for your TR. We got there about midday yesterday and stayed until just after the parade was over. It was pretty busy in the evening!

Holey Moley!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
What camera do you use? Low light that crisp? Wowowowowow... :thumbsup2

Thank you!! :) It's a Canon Rebel XS with a 50mm 1.8 on manual settings in RAW format, it's really nothing too fancy. The Disney magic just smiled on me with a pretty good spot in the crowd and good lighting on the parade route. :)

Holey Moley!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
:thumbsup2

Oh, I sooooo agree!!! Just WOW!!!

Yay - more little cottage photos from PBXscuba! I just love them. I almost had my DH talked into going back to DL next week for the day, but he can't get the time off from work. Boo Hoo.

Belle Ella - can't wait for yours. Sometimes it is nice just to have the little P&S, but then I always regret the pics I didn't get, lol. Both my P&S actually do a remarkable job - I do love them - but am having fun with the the things I can do with DLSR.

Thank you!! :) It's a Canon Rebel XS with a 50mm 1.8 on manual settings in RAW format, it's really nothing too fancy. The Disney magic just smiled on me with a pretty good spot in the crowd and good lighting on the parade route. :)

Heck, you're too modest.
If you put that camera in my hands I probably would still bungle possible great pics... :lmao:

Keep em coming!!!

OK, I want to give back a little pixie dust.

The "20 percent off merchandise before 12:30" coupons were printing on CS receipts when I was there last weekend and I have one I didn't use.

I will happily mail it to the first person from this thread to PM me their street address. If I mail it tomorrow morning it should be to you by Tuesday!:)

Coupon is good on entire purchase at Emporium, Disney Clothiers, Star Trader, Greetings from CA, World of Disney. Must be used before 12:30 any day before Jan. 4. Blah, blah, Disney fine print, yada, yada.

PHXscuba

I got a bunch of those over my two days of purchases! Holding on to them for my trip later this month though, lol.

Thanks! :) Lugging around the heavier camera can sure be a pain, but sometimes it pays off. Just yet another reason to be back to DLR soon though right? :) I hope your holiday trip was awesome! I'll have to hunt for your TR. We got there about midday yesterday and stayed until just after the parade was over. It was pretty busy in the evening!

If you got there before 1:30 I wonder if we walked right past each other and didn't even notice, lol. That's about the time I started heading back to the parking garage for my looooooooong and boring drive home.

That's what I need to save up for. Well, not a Rebel although I would like to upgrade, lol. But I need a new lens so badly. I'm still working with my kit lens and I think its got an f/5.6 which can be infuriating. I've got to talk to my Uncle about what lenses he's using with his Nikon and go from there. Maybe I can ask for one for Christmas and have it for my next trip!

Wishful thinking, I know.

Belle Ella - can't wait for yours. Sometimes it is nice just to have the little P&S, but then I always regret the pics I didn't get, lol. Both my P&S actually do a remarkable job - I do love them - but am having fun with the the things I can do with DLSR.

:goodvibes I do love the convenience of the P&S, and it certainly took better photos than I was expecting. But I love the manual control of the DSLR and shooting RAW.

man that's so sad, i heard they bought a lot more than the Halloween buckets, but if people continue to buy them like that, who knows how long they'll last:sad2:

I hope they did buy lots more than the Halloween buckets! Everyone's been waiting for them. I was just there last week, and asked about the Snowman buckets and they told me it was coming out the day after we leave but everyone's been asking daily about it. Thank goodness DH's friend is there right now and she's gonna get us one! :yay:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread. I have been reading it for a few months now and the information that I have gotten has been PRICELESS. You all seem like wonderful people and I can't begin to express how refreshing it is to read a board where everyone is so kind and genuine. An extra special thanks to PHXscuba for sharing her coupon with us as well. I hope once we return from our trip I will be able to contribute more (my DH is an avid photographer). Again, thank you all and Happy Holidays! :santa:

I hope they did buy lots more than the Halloween buckets! Everyone's been waiting for them. I was just there last week, and asked about the Snowman buckets and they told me it was coming out the day after we leave but everyone's been asking daily about it. Thank goodness DH's friend is there right now and she's gonna get us one! :yay:

If not, I'll be there this weekend and could pick one up for you..I'm sure none of us here would mind shipping them. It's the ebay thing that gets me in a huff :rolleyes1

We tried them a few weeks ago and they were a big thumbs down to us. I was so disappointed.
No! :eek: I was hoping for yummy. Now I have to decide if I want to gamble that you had a not so good batch. :confused3

If not, I'll be there this weekend and could pick one up for you..I'm sure none of us here would mind shipping them. It's the ebay thing that gets me in a huff :rolleyes1

Exactly! I hate that! I really want it but don't want to have to resort to eBay for it. Thankfully, DH's friend was able to get one today. But thanks for the kind offer! :) That's why I LOVE the DISboards!

I think one "detail" I noticed about New Orleans Square was how every shop was decorated in different colors -- like they had each done their own decorating, not Disney slapping garland everywhere. It's those little touches that make it so special. I can't compare the level of decor because I haven't been there at Christmas in forever.

NOS2.jpg

NOS1.jpg

I thought my brass-playing son would like the horns in this ...

PHXscuba

awesome photos PH...

i heard news today. my camera is almost finished from being fixed!! so i will be back in action in no time!!!! :) i know i gotta earn my keep!!

I will be there tomorrow I have a question about the 20% off merchandise receipt, can you still use it along with your AP discount?
thanks

We will be in California over Christmas and were hoping to go to Disneyland for a day or two. We will be there from the 23rd until the 2nd. Any day that might be the least crowded to go? Also if it is crowded is it worth going. We have been to Disneyland one other time in March.
thanks so much!

barefootmama, PHXscuba, funatdisney, and anyone else that I may have missed - awesome pictures everyone! Seeing all those fabulous pictures that you guys took with your nicer cameras makes me want a DSLR. Maybe I should ask Santa for one this year :rotfl:

Flitterific - thanks for all the parade pictures! It is really hard to get them at night, but I am glad you posted them as that was ANOTHER thing we didn't get to (after I had Bret describe the perfect place to be for pictures). I am really loving that all of your photos are things I didn't get to see! :goodvibes

No problem. By the way, where is the perfect spot for pictures if you don't mind sharing?

Well...even though apparently Roz was wearing her Santa hat last year, I still feel better knowing that I was not the only one who didn't remember it!!:rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2:

No! :eek: I was hoping for yummy. Now I have to decide if I want to gamble that you had a not so good batch. :confused3

I actually tried the gingerbread beignets and was a little disappointed too. They weren't as light and airy as the regular ones and I was not a big fan of the eggnog creme dipping sauce. The dough seemed to be a little denser and more dry as well. FYI, they are not on the dessert menu so you will need to ask for them if your server forgets to mention it. Anyway, here is a picture of them:

IMG_6333-1.jpg

We will be in California over Christmas and were hoping to go to Disneyland for a day or two. We will be there from the 23rd until the 2nd. Any day that might be the least crowded to go? Also if it is crowded is it worth going. We have been to Disneyland one other time in March.
thanks so much!

It is already pretty crowded at DLR and will continue to get more and more crowded until NYE, which is the busiest day of the year. The least crowded day will probably January 2nd. The good news is that even though it's a Sunday, the holiday schedule is still running at the Parks so they will still open late :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter