**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I don't hide the fact that I personally think DAH is a "well worth it" event. The "play and fun" part of your post struck out to me... that's why we go to WDW and when you have an event like DAH that tends to really enhance those elements of the park, it's a real winner for us.

If this were us (and I'm not sure the timing of your ADR), we'd keep the dinner at Cali Grill (I really like that place) but head into the park for fireworks and to start your DAH time. A nice dinner + MK DAH, can't get much better than that (in my humble opinion).

Right now, our ADR is 8:50 PM. And the whole point of California Grill was a good meal + Fireworks view.

Our final Fast pass at Animal Kingdom is 4 PM....

After DAH, it’s only buses to all resorts and the MK Ferry back to the TTC.

For Poly, you can take either a resort bus or MK Ferry to TTC and walk over.

In the more recent DAH nights, Poly and GF have shared a bus most of the time. I did 6/30 Poly and 9/20 GF, the buses both nights only went to those two resorts. Had a bit of a wait for a bus, but not awful. On my Poly night I did kind of wish I had taken the MK Ferry and walked - but at the end of the night they wait to load the FULL Ferry before taking off... so even that can be longer than you might expect.

In prior DAH events all MK resorts shared a bus... and I mean all... CR, WL, FW, Poly, GF. We did that back in Feb 2017 and it took foreeeever. I was a much happier camper this year with it just being Poly/GF.
Transportation is probably the number one complaint about DAH! Our first trip we stayed at the Poly Jan.2017 and it was MISERABLE!! We took the bus and stopped at every Deluxe (just like GADiney mentioned. Ironically, Jan 2018 we stayed at Kidani and the ride was straight there and shorter than the Poly! This last time Sept. 2018 we stayed at the BC/YC and it was somewhat decent, a straight shot there but had to wait forever for the bus! This time Feb. 2019 we're staying at the Contemporary and will happily walk back.

So bummed they didn't add March 14, 2019. Congrats to all of you that can make these new dates work!

For me it would be nice if they add an After Hours Event at Magic Kingdom on March 14, 2019. They may not, and if they don't add it I will try to attend the event on a different date.

And my early thoughts... it would seem those late March and April dates could be ripe for early sell outs. That’s prime spring break season. It will be interesting to see the feedback from these events that are pushing into historically more ‘crowded’ times, such as Dec, Spring Break, etc.

Not a major issue, but has anyone with an food allergy or restriction attended DAH? Not a deal breaker, but someone in my party absolutely cannot have popcorn. I assume the answer will be just load up on ice cream haha.

Transportation is probably the number one complaint about DAH! Our first trip we stayed at the Poly Jan.2017 and it was MISERABLE!! We took the bus and stopped at every Deluxe (just like GADiney mentioned. Ironically, Jan 2018 we stayed at Kidani and the ride was straight there and shorter than the Poly! This last time Sept. 2018 we stayed at the BC/YC and it was somewhat decent, a straight shot there but had to wait forever for the bus! This time Feb. 2019 we're staying at the Contemporary and will happily walk back.
Us too! That was a major selling point for us! Location Location Location!!!

Not a major issue, but has anyone with an food allergy or restriction attended DAH? Not a deal breaker, but someone in my party absolutely cannot have popcorn. I assume the answer will be just load up on ice cream haha.
I cannot eat popcorn either. Didn't miss it. Barely had any snacks that night. I drink a TON of water, that was all I wanted. We really wanted to spend time on the attractions.

Any thoughts on if they are likely to add May dates? Last year we didn't have any during our 11-night stay but I took my DD to one of the first ones in January in 2017 and loved it.

Just giving an update. I know it was reported on the park DAH threads, but I was unsure if it would be different for MK since the even already existed.

I got the purchase e-mail and linked to MDX and selected guests. Got a confirmation it was all linked (even an email saying a pass was added), but the event tickets do not show up in MDE. I guess they won't until they're available to purchase online.

Post #4 - Ticket Price & Discount Information

View attachment 361280

Notes
  • After Hours, you may enter the park officially at 7:00 pm with your Disney After Hours ticket (more info here)

Hi. I have a question regarding above. I have the three hard rickets for the January 7 event. Is that what I use to get into MK or I am suppose to link the tickets to MDE for our MBs.

Also, I saw on the DAH HS thread someone mentioned that DAH MK attendees were/do make FPs for 6 pm-8 pm, day of event. Is this correct? If so, Ill see if I can get anything tomorrow.

Thank you.

So I don't think it was on this thread, but maybe the previous one on DAH at MK, that I had posted about trying to switch my comped MK EMM event that was the morning after DAH to the other EMM at HS I had already had booked. Whew...yeah it was complicated, but yes, I got it done! After several weeks playing phone tag with a few cm's and finally getting in touch with the right person in the right department, we got everything moved around just like we wanted with no issue at all. She had to cancel both EMM's, refund us, then book the HS EMM again, at no cost since it is replacing our comped one. Also because it took me so long to find the right person to help me and then how many phone calls and emails it took because I am impossible to get a hold of on the phone, she even sprinkled our trip with 2 days of multiple experienc fp's with no restrictions! So all that to attend the DAH! I think it was a good call, can't wait!

Hi. I have a question regarding above. I have the three hard rickets for the January 7 event. Is that what I use to get into MK or I am suppose to link the tickets to MDE for our MBs.

Also, I saw on the DAH HS thread someone mentioned that DAH MK attendees were/do make FPs for 6 pm-8 pm, day of event. Is this correct? If so, Ill see if I can get anything tomorrow.

Thank you.

You can either use those hard tickets to scan when entering for DAH, OR you can link them to your MDE account and just use your MagicBands to enter. My preference is to link them to your account since I'm bad with keeping up with cards in the chaos of a trip.

Yes, DAH tickets will let you book FPs (they need to be linked to your MDE account), just like MVMCP and MNSSHP tickets will allow FP booking too. But, it 'can' for some people create issues later on - some people get flagged for too many FPs/insufficient ticket media and your last day of FPs are subject to being cancelled. The exact reason why some people do/do not get this when booking FPs with party/DAH tickets is unknown.

If you have a multi-day trip with other days of FPs, personally I'd recommend to not worry about booking any with the DAH ticket - you'll have the whole park to yourself later in the night anyway with minimal waits.

It's a complicated topic, happy to further explain any of that if needed.

Dates added!

Tickets for the following event dates may only be purchased by calling (407) 939-7795:

• February 21, 2019
  • March 21, 2019
  • March 28, 2019
  • April 4, 2019
  • April 11, 2019
Any thoughts on when these will show up online? I need to buy a gift card to buy my tickets. I'm so excited they added spring break dates! We will be going on March 28th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter