**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I am planning a short trip to US/IOA, but can't imagine not spending some time at the MK. This is the perfect solution! Plus my 10 yr old will love staying up late. And the Discovery Cove suggestion is great too! Jan 17th is our last full day of vacation, so it might go out with a real bang!!

But now I am wondering if I should change hotels for that last night to be closer to to MK, or just Uber back to Universal hotel and sleep in on the day we fly out.

I am planning a short trip to US/IOA, but can't imagine not spending some time at the MK. This is the perfect solution! Plus my 10 yr old will love staying up late. And the Discovery Cove suggestion is great too! Jan 17th is our last full day of vacation, so it might go out with a real bang!!

But now I am wondering if I should change hotels for that last night to be closer to to MK, or just Uber back to Universal hotel and sleep in on the day we fly out.
I say sleep in... You'll be better equipped to face air travel and get home slightly rested after a busy vacation.

Wahoo! Just booked it for February 14th as a V Day treat for my husband and I! Our first time to do DAH! We are coming down in Feb for a short trip to check out Epcot Arts Festival and ride FoP at AK again! Haha! We didn't even plan to do MK... but this works out perfect!!!!

Tough call. I tend to find moving hotels on the day of a nighttime event can have some drawbacks. All the packing/moving. Not having a room to rest. Your room could be ready early, but might not be until 3 or later. We’d rather sit tight day of even if it meant a longer end of night, I think.

How soon before they announce any May dates? The only current day (Dec3) that works for me I can't do. They don't have one during my Feb trip so my last chance is May

How soon before they announce any May dates? The only current day (Dec3) that works for me I can't do. They don't have one during my Feb trip so my last chance is May
I am very anxious about that, too. I hope to know around Jan 1 if they'll expand to May in 2019. I keep checking though, as there hasn't been a consistent pattern with regards to when they release a new set of dates for things like this.

No dates past March 7th:sad: Darn!!
We'll be there March 9th through the 16th

Liz:rose:

I arrive on 11/26 and should be at the resort about 2pm, I bought a base ticket for each day I am there (it was only $14 more for an extra day) so I'm going straight to a park. I don't know whether to go to Magic Kingdom at 2pm or if it's worth going to Hollywood Studios for 3-4 hours and then make my way over to MK for 7pm? What would you do? I have FP booked for Pirates, Big Thunder and Space Mountain at MK all before 7pm.

I got my base ticket before DAH was announced. If I give up a regular base park day it will only save me $14. I want to spend as much time as possible at the MK this trip.

If I'm already in the MK with a regular day ticket can I pick up my DAH Lanyard from somewhere inside the park?

I arrive on 11/26 and should be at the resort about 2pm, I bought a base ticket for each day I am there (it was only $14 more for an extra day) so I'm going straight to a park. I don't know whether to go to Magic Kingdom at 2pm or if it's worth going to Hollywood Studios for 3-4 hours and then make my way over to MK for 7pm? What would you do? I have FP booked for Pirates, Big Thunder and Space Mountain at MK all before 7pm.

I got my base ticket before DAH was announced. If I give up a regular base park day it will only save me $14. I want to spend as much time as possible at the MK this trip.
I would keep it simple and cut out more travel between different parks because you will have already traveled that day. Head to Magic Kingdom.

If I'm already in the MK with a regular day ticket can I pick up my DAH Lanyard from somewhere inside the park?

Starting with the summer dates, they also had a lanyard pick up station set up in Tomorrowland, outside of the former Stich ride where the FP kiosks are located.

The Liberty Square ticket office has also had them as @Haley R mentioned.

I feel there was another in park spot the popped up this past summer, but I’m blanking right now. Maybe by the FP kiosks next to Philharmagic, but I’m not sure about that.

Also FYI, during the late summer and Sept dates/date they switched to a wristband. You could get a lanyard as a souvenier from some spots, but it was a little inconsistent. I was there 9/20 and couldn’t find a lanyard, but some people had them... so they’d had to be somewhere!

Hope that helps.

Starting with the summer dates, they also had a lanyard pick up station set up in Tomorrowland, outside of the former Stich ride where the FP kiosks are located.

I feel there was another in park spot the popped up this past summer, but I’m blanking right now. Maybe by the FP kiosks next to Philharmagic, but I’m not sure about that.

Also FYI, during the late summer and Sept dates/date they switched to a wristband. You could get a lanyard as a souvenier from some spots, but it was a little inconsistent. I was there 9/20 and couldn’t find a lanyard, but some people had them... so they’d had to be somewhere!

Hope that helps.
I couldn’t remember the other spots and didn’t want to give wrong info! Lol

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the information. A wristband will be so much more comfortable but will keep my eyes open for the lanyard which would make a nice souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!