**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people calling in their order and receiving the AP discount if they say they are planning to upgrade to an AP upon arrival. You would then need to show a valid AP in order to collect the tickets. I believe that's how it works.
Correct...that's what I did when we went in September. The CM said I'd have to show my AP and pick up tickets at will call, but I didn't.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people calling in their order and receiving the AP discount if they say they are planning to upgrade to an AP upon arrival. You would then need to show a valid AP in order to collect the tickets. I believe that's how it works.

This is great info! Thank you!

This is long, sorry, but I was curious to map out this (crazy) abundance of DAH dates that are now on the books for the next few months. I was mainly curious to see any overlap and just how close event dates are to one another. Also curious to see what kind of patterns there are in the scheduling - if any.

While there is decent separation, there are several that are either back to back nights, or relatively close together.

I do have to wonder how much one park will cannibalize demand in another park. Or maybe there's enough demand to fill them all. Who knows, just speculation... but very curious to see how these go!

Nov-2018.png
Dec-2018.png
Jan-2018.png
Feb-2018.png
Mar-2018.png
Apr-2018.png

I find it interesting that most (all?) the DHS dates are on Saturdays. If the goal of DAH is to increase revenue during traditionally lower crowd times, I would have expected all of them to take place on weeknights.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that DAH events are apparently popular enough for them expand into new territory. I understand that there are some who contend that these extra "cash grabs" are getting too prevalent and are reducing overall park hours for regular tickets...but DAH often suits my personal travel style so it's hard for me not to be excited to see more opportunities.

I'm still not sure that I would ever personally opt to do an After Hours event as a part of a regular long vacation (not sure my feet could handle that), but they are perfect for shorter trips. We also usually end up traveling to Orlando for work conferences every couple of years, so we get a lot of value out of DAH on those visits when we can't get into the parks until after 5pm anyway.

Has there ever been a "sold out" DAH?!

I remember when it first started in 2016 and Disney was practically giving away free entry to DVC members and their guests

Has there ever been a "sold out" DAH?!

I remember when it first started in 2016 and Disney was practically giving away free entry to DVC members and their guests

Yes, several of the current iteration of MK DAH have sold out (I mainly ignore the 2016 version since that was kind of a different deal).

2017 - no one really tracked it but thread chatter at the time suggests the last two dates sold out (so, 2 out of 7 dates).

2018 - 8 out 18 events have sold out so far this year. All but two of the winter series dates sold out.

The tables in Post #11 track sold out dates / when they sold out.

Yes, several of the current iteration of MK DAH have sold out (I mainly ignore the 2016 version since that was kind of a different deal).

2017 - no one really tracked it but thread chatter at the time suggests the last two dates sold out (so, 2 out of 7 dates).

2018 - 8 out 18 events have sold out so far this year. All but two of the winter series dates sold out.

The tables in Post #11 track sold out dates / when they sold out.

Thanks! I must have disregarded the info in the beginning of the MK thread with the hype of the AK and DHS threads.

I'm hoping for an extension of dates later into March for MK. I guess I shouldn't wait to purchase them like I did the last time.

Thanks! I must have disregarded the info in the beginning of the MK thread with the hype of the AK and DHS threads.

I'm hoping for an extension of dates later into March for MK. I guess I shouldn't wait to purchase them like I did the last time.

I would be surprised if that happens.

I presumed the goal of DAH was to lure individuals to a ticketed event during slower periods and March is Spring Break. We shall see as there are now DAH events in March for AK and DHS... I find that interesting.

I am skeptical that these events will succeed. Unless the number of tickets are heavily restricted, with the small number of attractions at these parks, I envision long lines at FOP, SDD, TOT, etc. defeating the attractiveness of the event.

Apologies in advance for the long post/question:

We (DH, me, DD7) are going in February. First time back to WDW since 2009. Short stay prior to Disney cruise. Tentative agenda:

Tuesday 2/5: arrive, dinner at Ohana
Wednesday, 2/6: MK day, CRT bkfst @ 810, BOG dinner @ 415, After Fireworks Dessert Party
Thursday 2/7: AK day, Tiffins dinner @ 505, possibly head over to MK for MK DAH?
Friday, 2/8: Resort day (staying @ Poly), swim, shop, etc, HDDR dinner @ 615
Saturday, 2/9: leave for cruise

My first thought when I just saw the DAH for 2/7 was "darn, I should switch my MK and AK day around". But, we really want to keep our MK ADR's and the After Fireworks party, as we may not be back to WDW for several years, if at all.

My second thought was "holy cow, we're going to be EXHAUSTED after those two long days!". But - we can sleep in on Friday, the TS dinners should give us a chance to recoup, and darn it, it's only 2 days! :)

So, my questions (having never been to DAH, having been 10 years since being at WDW at all, knowing basically nothing lol):

1. Should I do DAH, having just spent a whole day at MK the day prior? (my gut says yes, makes the day prior less chaotic, makes FP's that I may/may not get less important, etc)
2. Best transportation option from AK after dinner at Tiffins over to MK?
3. Will I get to MK 'in time' to enjoy DAH if my Tiffins dinner ADR is at 505?

One more thing: the cost isn't stopping me at all. It IS expensive, but I've been saving for this trip of a lifetime for a while now, we can swing it. It's more the "is that too much time in MK?" thing that's making me pause.

Thank you all so much - I cannot tell you all how much info I've gotten from these boards!!!!

I would do it. I have found that with the excitement at the beginning of the trip I can have my partial travel day in the parks plus two full park days where I feel great and then by the third full day I start to flag and need to build in breaks. I don't think it is too much MK personally and then the next day you have a break - that would help carry me through as well. Your plans sound great except I'd fit epcot in somehow lol, but Illuminations is my favorite all time show.

I have a 5pm ADR at CA Grill for my DAH night, and the park has an 8pm close. I have APs so getting "extra" hours in the parks have no real appeal to me, I don't need to maximize that, so we are going to have dinner (usually about 90 minutes long and that is pretty consistent if you are there at first seating before they get backed up) and I figure we'll be at the park by 7 or so. I'd think if you got a Minnie Van you'd be there by 7:30 at the latest which is still fine for an 8pm close if you are not interested in maximizing your pre-closing hours at the MK - some people are as they do this in lieu of a park day. BUT if you could move dinner back to 4:30 or so it would be even better and I bet you won't have trouble with doing that either.

If you don't want to do minnie van you could always get a bus from AK to Contemporary and walk over.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if that happens.

I presumed the goal of DAH was to lure individuals to a ticketed event during slower periods and March is Spring Break. We shall see as there are now DAH events in March for AK and DHS... I find that interesting.

I am skeptical that these events will succeed. Unless the number of tickets are heavily restricted, with the small number of attractions at these parks, I envision long lines at FOP, SDD, TOT, etc. defeating the attractiveness of the event.
I originally thought the same thing, but the extension of DHS and AK through that time period has made me hopeful for some additional MK nights!

For those of you who have attended DAH at MK, did you:
1. Make that entire day your MK day?
2. Hop there from a different park? If so, what time did you leave the other park?
3. Spend the day doing something else (swimming, Disney Springs, etc...) and just arrive at MK in time to enjoy the party?
4. Other?

Also, whatever you DID, would you do it that way again?

Thanks!

I can tell you what our plan is!

We are doing DHS EMM and staying at DHS until about 2:00 pm. Then we will head back to the resort for rest/naps and head to MK DAH around 6:00 pm!

We might be slightly crazy to do this, but it is the only day of our trip we could work it into and will sleep in the next morning :)

For those of you who have attended DAH at MK, did you:
1. Make that entire day your MK day?
2. Hop there from a different park? If so, what time did you leave the other park?
3. Spend the day doing something else (swimming, Disney Springs, etc...) and just arrive at MK in time to enjoy the party?
4. Other?

Also, whatever you DID, would you do it that way again?

Thanks!

We spent the day doing other things before attending the event. Our first DAH, my husband was in Orlando for a work conference so we got to MK at about 6:15 after his work day ended. For our upcoming trip in February, we're going to relax at the resort and probably spend some time at Disney Springs (because we'll be staying at Saratoga Springs) then we may eat at one of the restaurants at Wilderness Lodge before getting to MK around 6pm. Our upcoming trip is designed to be very relaxed, so we'll just play it by ear and see how we feel at the time!

For us, this is probably the only way I would do it. It's very difficult for me to justify the cost of the DAH ticket if I've got regular tickets as well. I find that the value of DAH is being able to get as much done during that event as I could during a full day for about the same cost as a one-day ticket. Plus...I'm just not physically equipped to do a full park day + the late night event! I don't think I'd survive, haha!

I can tell you what our plan is!

We are doing DHS EMM and staying at DHS until about 2:00 pm. Then we will head back to the resort for rest/naps and head to MK DAH around 6:00 pm!

We might be slightly crazy to do this, but it is the only day of our trip we could work it into and will sleep in the next morning :)

I’m doing pretty much the same as you except I went even a little further (crazier lol) I added afternoon fast passes at AK. I was able to get a flight of passages FP. And I didn’t want to use my fast passes at HS or MK anyway. Considering both of the events we should have fairly short waits.
So emm in the morning. Stay at HS until around 11 or so. Hop to Ak do our fast passes. Flight of passage is our first at 1. So depending on how we feel we may stay for the other ones. But leave the park between 3 or 4. Prolly go back to the hotel and try and nap maybe. Or just chill. And then be to MK by probably 7 or so and do the after hours

All kind of just depends on how we’re feeling. My husband is super excited about it. I’m a little worried it will be too much. But we’re going for it.

I’m doing pretty much the same as you except I went even a little further (crazier lol) I added afternoon fast passes at AK. I was able to get a flight of passages FP. And I didn’t want to use my fast passes at HS or MK anyway. Considering both of the events we should have fairly short waits.
So emm in the morning. Stay at HS until around 11 or so. Hop to Ak do our fast passes. Flight of passage is our first at 1. So depending on how we feel we may stay for the other ones. But leave the park between 3 or 4. Prolly go back to the hotel and try and nap maybe. Or just chill. And then be to MK by probably 7 or so and do the after hours

All kind of just depends on how we’re feeling. My husband is super excited about it. I’m a little worried it will be too much. But we’re going for it.

That's Awesome!! CRAZY :crazy2:... but awesome! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter