• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

With entry time officially being 7 and parks closing at 8, does that mean these tickets won't be valid for making fastpasses? I'm pretty sure people with MK DAH have been able to make fastpasses at 6, 7, and 8 leading up to the party (or something like that).

Called on the way to work this morning and booked 3/16 :D
ToT is my favorite so a chance to ride multiple times is very appealing
We also booked DAH AK for 3/20 DD's favorite park and FOP her favorite ride.
They are mailing our tickets and I still have not been able to link them.

I called tonight and got myself a ticket for 12/22. Regular chrome wouldn't let me link it, but incognito worked (well, it told me it worked and I got an email saying I linked it, but good ole MDE isn't showing the ticket).

Should be an interesting event. I'm not sure how the value will play out, but I love love love MK DAH and hard to pass up a DAH during a christmas trip!

I called tonight and got myself a ticket for 12/22. Regular chrome wouldn't let me link it, but incognito worked (well, it told me it worked and I got an email saying I linked it, but good ole MDE isn't showing the ticket).

Not sure if you followed all the chatter up thread, but we're all having the same problem.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Not sure if you followed all the chatter up thread, but we're all having the same problem.

Good to know -- I must have missed the posts. Honestly I've gotten so used to MDE not working and not showing most of my plans, I took it in stride and told myself I had the email and it was probably there in the MDE ether somewhere...

Good to know -- I must have missed the posts. Honestly I've gotten so used to MDE not working and not showing most of my plans, I took it in stride and told myself I had the email and it was probably there in the MDE ether somewhere...

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Normally linking "tickets" isn't a problem area, but who knows with these new events. :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

DH and I decided to go down for both the HS and AK events in FEB, over Pres Day weekend

I called this morning at 9:00 est. Hold time 5 minutes. I was able to book for 12/22 no problem. I did ask some questions and the CM I had was very knowledgeable about the event. As posted 8:30 - 11:30. Tickets will be at will call (But I already linked them to MDE), Ice Cream, Popcorn and select beverages at select carts throughout the park. I did ask about the number of tickets and she didn't have a number but did say "Little to no wait on ALL rides" and she said that this will sell out Christmas week. I asked if it would be oversold like MNSSHP and she said NO. She also agreed that the Halloween party did sell way to many tickets. She told me though she didn't have a number of tickets, HS will have less than AK and AK will have less than MK. Normally I take what a CM says with a grain of salt but this one seemed to be on point so I kinda believe her.
I get that she SOUNDED like she knew what she was talking about but you do know she didn't know any more than any other CM, right? Some are just better at faking it than others
Nor does she have any idea what dates will sell out
Nor does she have any idea what number of tickets they sell for each event. They don't tell the front line CM these things.

It occurs to me if I could stretch my dates a tiny tiny bit I could do the trifecta...:laughing:

That would be AWESOME.

I've been tempted to make a special trip that would enable doing all three on the same trip. But my wife isn't having it, haha. After Christmas we are going back end of Mar to early April and that might be possible to do all three... It would be so much fun to spend the day at the pool / resort and then do DAH. Day after day...

Speaking of trifecta (and I'm sorry this is long and a space hog), I put together a consolidated DAH schedule below. Mainly just curious what it tells us about the date patterns across the three parks, how it might fit into various trips, etc. I'm a visual learner so need to see this stuff mapped out to keep straight in my head. Maybe it will help some folks.

Nov-2018.png
Dec-2018.png
Jan-2018.png
Feb-2018.png
Mar-2018.png
Apr-2018.png

That would be AWESOME.

I've been tempted to make a special trip that would enable doing all three on the same trip. But my wife isn't having it, haha. After Christmas we are going back end of Mar to early April and that might be possible to do all three... It would be so much fun to spend the day at the pool / resort and then do DAH. Day after day...

That sounds fantastic - and efficient! Yes, I've been scheming in my head about all night...I wouldn't really have to do much...back up our arrival to a morning flight and then tack on a night or so...maybe send them home for school and do it solo! I had the same thought for arrival day...hang around the pool - although April definitely better than January for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter