• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Too many ppl? I’m getting concerned for the 23
We didn’t think our hs dah was bad at all and that’s with slinky being down for awhile. I think you have to go in expecting at least a 15-20 minute wait for those popular ones. That’s just how it is

I'm considering doing this for this Saturday but haven't committed yet. I'm only going for a short weekend so it seems like it would be worth it, but still undecided.

Weather looking good for Saturday night.
upload_2019-3-7_10-54-17.png
I'm not sure how to even dress for this given how cold it's been the last couple of days. I've never worn jeans to a FL theme park a day in my life. I'm thinking shorts and short sleeves with a light jacket just in case.

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer. Are people with DAH wristbands allowed in the FP line of rides between 7:00 and park closing? I saw in other threads that other parks have allowed this.

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I did a quick search and couldn't find the answer. Are people with DAH wristbands allowed in the FP line of rides between 7:00 and park closing? I saw in other threads that other parks have allowed this.
It really depends on the cm. I would say most of them will tell you no. If you get lucky you might have a cm that will say yes because they don’t care or because they don’t know what’s going on. I wouldn’t plan on this though. Maybe do some things that aren’t open during dah

Has there been any discussion of further dates for DAH at Hollywood Studios? I was thinking that now that SWGE has an opening date, there is a lot more value in this particular event. Hoping they might have dates in September.

Has there been any discussion of further dates for DAH at Hollywood Studios? I was thinking that now that SWGE has an opening date, there is a lot more value in this particular event. Hoping they might have dates in September.

So far, there hasn't been anything announced about future dates. If they do add DAH dates after Galaxy's Edge opens, I can guarantee there will be a major price increase... and they will likely sell out.

So far, there hasn't been anything announced about future dates. If they do add DAH dates after Galaxy's Edge opens, I can guarantee there will be a major price increase... and they will likely sell out.
I’m wondering if they would wait until all of SW opens and then have dah just for that land

I’m wondering if they would wait until all of SW opens and then have dah just for that land

I honestly don't know, but I feel like they'd have to keep the rest of the park open to draw some people away from those Star Wars rides. If they limited it to that just the new land, based on the rumored capacity of the new rides and the fact there are only 2 of them, the only way to keep waits down is for Disney to sell very few tickets (not gonna happen) or the shops and restaurants will have to suck a lot of people in. I suppose if waits during the day are 6 hours for ONE ride as some are estimating, then waiting "only" an hour or so for each ride may been seen as a good value.

I honestly don't know, but I feel like they'd have to keep the rest of the park open to draw some people away from those Star Wars rides. If they limited it to that just the new land, based on the rumored capacity of the new rides and the fact there are only 2 of them, the only way to keep waits down is for Disney to sell very few tickets (not gonna happen) or the shops and restaurants will have to suck a lot of people in. I suppose if waits during the day are 6 hours for ONE ride as some are estimating, then waiting "only" an hour or so for each ride may been seen as a good value.
That’s what I’m wondering. I bet people would still pay for it. Maybe they would do something more like emm instead. It’s really hard to tell at this point

Just saw where tonight’s event at MK is sold out. With AK selling out earlier this week, I wonder if Saturday’s event is next.

That’s what I’m wondering. I bet people would still pay for it. Maybe they would do something more like emm instead. It’s really hard to tell at this point

I like the idea of an EMM type event. I could see them doing something like they do with the Frozen party at Epcot where everyone gets a ride on FEA after the party. Maybe give everyone that attends EMM a paper voucher that expires sometime that morning that acts as a FP for both rides. They’d have to do the math based on capacity to determine how many vouchers they could issue. It’s fun to speculate and again I have no idea what they will do, but I have to imagine they’ll have some kind of “exclusive” event for SWGE. There’s just too many people who would pay top dollar to attend.

I like the idea of an EMM type event. I could see them doing something like they do with the Frozen party at Epcot where everyone gets a ride on FEA after the party. Maybe give everyone that attends EMM a paper voucher that expires sometime that morning that acts as a FP for both rides. They’d have to do the math based on capacity to determine how many vouchers they could issue. It’s fun to speculate and again I have no idea what they will do, but I have to imagine they’ll have some kind of “exclusive” event for SWGE. There’s just too many people who would pay top dollar to attend.
I think that this is what they will do as well. WDW did not specifically say whether SWGE will be included in EMM or DAH (but did specifically mention that it will be included in EMH) and I think it's because they are going to create its own separate experience.

Q.
Will Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be available in Extra Magic Hours, Disney Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours?

A.
Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions. Details will be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered as I’m new to the forums :)

If we’re already going to be in Hollywood studios for the day where would we go to check in for the after hours event? Would we have to go back through the special entrance? Thanks in advance!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered as I’m new to the forums :)

If we’re already going to be in Hollywood studios for the day where would we go to check in for the after hours event? Would we have to go back through the special entrance? Thanks in advance!
:welcome: to DISboards!

Wristbands can be picked up Ticket Central where Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard meet. There is also a fountain right there. No need to exit and re-enter. Enjoy the event!

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 10.02.34 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter