DISers stalking DISers...continuing our friendship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags... without breaking the TGM rules I can tell you that it looks like it slows down that week a little.... his best park days are much more open when you are there than when I am there the week before.... I think you would be just fine....

Okay quick update, I still don't have any word. I checked the website, the deadline for early admission has been pushed back till the 15th instead of the 1st. So right now I'm still waiting till around Valentine's day before I call but it's not easy being patient for this.

Okay quick update, I still don't have any word. I checked the website, the deadline for early admission has been pushed back till the 15th instead of the 1st. So right now I'm still waiting till around Valentine's day before I call but it's not easy being patient for this.

Mandy - Just remember that good things come to those who wait. It's hard to wait on something that you want so much though!!

I know, I'm just not patient person. I'm thinking about all I have to do if I get in from finding a place to live, a job and all that wonderful stuff. It's just hard, but I am trying.

Good luck, Mandy! Waiting IS hard!

Midterms are finished! Yippee! :cheer2: This has been a VERY long week, even with having Monday and Friday off! I'm praying Dana did well - I know she got a 86 on her very long/very hard Theology exam, so THAT's good news! It's Algebra we are worried about.... :confused:
Hard to believe half of Freshman year is already completed! Time goes by too quickly sometimes! ;)

Well here's the latest update. I applied back the Monday before Thanksgiving, received a letter today stating that they did not receive my application fee till the 23rd. Well they have had it since before Thanksgiving and well I talked to them before Christmas and they said they had my transcript. Now they are saying they don't. I tried calling the office and it's saying they are closed. So right now I am not in a good mood. to top it off, I was suppose to meet my friend for lunch at 12 and she never showed. It's not been a good day.

Okay just talked to someone at the college finally, they need my updated transcript for Fall.

Mandy... I know of a lot of people who seem to be having the same problem about schools not receiving all the paperwork... when you know it was all sent together. I have a good friend whos son applied to a school Nov 4th... when they didn't hear from them by Christmas my friend called and the school said they never received his transcript... so off she goes picks up the transcripts and overnight mails it herself.... then after a few weeks they said that they didn't have his SAT scores,..... well they were right on the transcript.... it seems that these schools don't want to make the effort to look for things.... we learned from her experience and stayed right on top of the schools Maggie applied to making sure they had all the documentation they needed. I have decided that between college and scholarship applications it is a full time job.....

we will think good thoughts for you!!!!

Well I just emailed my campus office and had my transcript sent out. They have one it just doesn't have the Fall '07 grades on it which without grades left me at 56 hours and with them it would put me over 60 which would not require my high school stuff and all that crap. I forgot how stressful college application was. They should include advil for the headaches. :laughing:

Midterms are finished! Yippee! :cheer2: This has been a VERY long week, even with having Monday and Friday off! I'm praying Dana did well - I know she got a 86 on her very long/very hard Theology exam, so THAT's good news! It's Algebra we are worried about.... :confused:
Hard to believe half of Freshman year is already completed! Time goes by too quickly sometimes! ;)

I am with you Renee.... Daniel had midterms this week also... so much stress for a freshman... in NY state we have state wide Regents exams.... in addition to the school mid terms the students in the Regents classess (a higher level than normal classes) have the Regents exam. Daniel is a very good student so he was offered the opportunity to skip freshman math (Algerbra) and move right into tenth grade math back in September. But that meant that he would have to take both the midterm and the Regents exam for a class that he never took... crazy isn't it... well he felt confident he could do it...and he did great... he found out today he received a 95% on the regents exam..... and a 99% for both the first and second quarter grades...:banana::teacher: . now only if he could do that in Spanish...:lmao: the scary thing is they put so much pressure on these kids about these exams... if you get above a 90% on all your Regents exam throughout high school you get a Honors Regents Diploma, but if you get below a 90% on any of the Regents (again alll four years) you get an Advanced Regents diploma, and if you fail any you have to keep retaking it until you pass... how crazy is that.... and the thing is only NY State schools really care about these tests... if your going to college out of state they could care less..... but it is so competitive for scholarships that you really have to have an overall average above a 95% to be considered for anything of value..... and we are expecting 14 year old kids to have the maturity to understand the consequences of these exams... they can't see past next week!!!:confused3
In Daniels case he is more concerned with the basketball game he has tonight than his exams.... yikes boys!!! Okay I am done with my rambling rant about the NY state schools..:laughing:

I think they put way too much pressure on the kids today. Dana is an A/B student, but she has to work hard for those marks. It doesn't come easy to her. Unfortunately, she has never liked math, and this year she has the worst possible type of teacher for Algebra. This teacher barely TEACHES - she assigns homework and goes over the homework in class. She doesn't present the concepts - they are on their own to figure them out. I'm the liberal arts type person - I help with English, Theology, Latin... Bob helps with the Algebra and Biology.. whoever is available helps with History. :goodvibes

But, I did help with the Algebra research paper. I just pray she passed the midterm. I am awaiting word from the principal - something needs to be done about this Algebra teacher. I've heard way too many complaints and horror stories about her.:eek:

And Dana's no different than Daniel... lol.... he's more interested in his basketball game - she's more interested in her Performing Arts Club rehearsal schedule! Kids.. gotta love them! :cheer2:

Hi! It has been so long since I've been on here! Happy 2008!
I have a quick question, does anyone know how to write a title and still put in a link. Like putting the link to your TR, but calling it by its title?

And Dana's no different than Daniel... lol.... he's more interested in his basketball game - she's more interested in her Performing Arts Club rehearsal schedule! Kids.. gotta love them! :cheer2:

We will say a pray for her about that math exam... Maggie also has problems with Math so I completely understand... Maggie is an A/B student as well and works VERY hard to get those grades.... Maggie has figured out the importance of grades.... took her until she was a junior though!!!!

We will say a pray for her about that math exam... Maggie also has problems with Math so I completely understand... Maggie is an A/B student as well and works VERY hard to get those grades.... Maggie has figured out the importance of grades.... took her until she was a junior though!!!!

Thank you! :)

Third marking period starts tomorrow - as does rehearsals for the spring musical, "Anything Goes"! Hard to believe Freshman year is half over! :cheer2:

Hi everyone!

We'll be at Disney 4/18-4/25:cool1:

I wanted to go 4/19-4/23, but was vetoed :rolleyes1

Rags... without breaking the TGM rules I can tell you that it looks like it slows down that week a little.... his best park days are much more open when you are there than when I am there the week before.... I think you would be just fine....

Yeah- I looked at touring plans, and only 2 days were 1 number higher

Hi! It has been so long since I've been on here! Happy 2008!
I have a quick question, does anyone know how to write a title and still put in a link. Like putting the link to your TR, but calling it by its title?

There is a space on top of the grey box you type your reply in

Mandy- good luck with all the college complications

Well I booked a trip for 8/22-8/27 @ WL. They didn't have any standard view rooms available with my code, so I had to go with woods view. since It was only a few dollars more, I decided to go with bunk beds. Now I just noticed that the contemporary would only be $25 total more than what I have booked

soooo WL or Contemporary?

Don't you just love fuzzy disney math:rotfl:

Well I booked a trip for 8/22-8/27 @ WL. They didn't have any standard view rooms available with my code, so I had to go with woods view. since It was only a few dollars more, I decided to go with bunk beds. Now I just noticed that the contemporary would only be $25 total more than what I have booked

soooo WL or Contemporary?

Don't you just love fuzzy disney math:rotfl:

"Views" don't usually mean a heck of a lot to me. I love a balcony, but won't usually spend extra for it - the only time I would is on a cruise. (MUST have a verandah on a cruise!) But...the ease of being on the monorail would be great - especially since you will have the little ones with you... Of course, I've never stayed a WL - I know it is a favorite of some....

Gee... I've been a lot of help, Rags, haven't I?!

Well you can't beat the magic kingdom view at the Contemporary. Think of it this way at the Contemporary you could walk to MK, be a monorail ride away from the TTC to go to Epcot. You have the option of monorail, bus, or walking. If you decide to do HDDR there is a boat that runs from the Contemporary to FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter