DISers stalking DISers...continuing our friendship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an update!!!!!!!

I just received a letter today from MTSU saying they are pleased to inform me of my tentative acceptance to MTSU as a transfer student. My acceptance is pending on the receipt of a college transcript, through the end of the semester, from the institution you are currently attending.

Thanks, it hasn't sunk in and I sure as heck haven't started crying yet but I know it's coming. I got online and it seems like they haven't processed my fall transcript with grades cause I'm showing that I'm under 60 hours.

Yes it's to hard to make an hour and a half drive down to MTSU every day and back. I'm going to get a place near campus.

Yes it's to hard to make an hour and a half drive down to MTSU every day and back. I'm going to get a place near campus.

I didn't realize you were so far away. Have you started looking into places? My mom is a property manager at several large apartment buildings and townhouses across from the campus and around the campus area. She rents to 100's of MTSU students.

I didn't realize you were so far away. Have you started looking into places? My mom is a property manager at several large apartment buildings and townhouses across from the campus and around the campus area. She rents to 100's of MTSU students.

I have started looking into apartments. I'll send you a PM to get the name of the buildings. I have a ton saved on Apartment Finder. I live out in Cookeville, so anytime I go up towards Nashville I have close to 2 hour drive.

Congrats to everyone doing so well in school!

Thanks from Dana, Rags! She's been working hard.

Tomorrow she and I have 10am tickets to see the Hannah Montana 3-D Movie - what a racket! $15 a ticket - had to get them in advance - her friends tried this week and they are all sold out. I'm trying to figure out what time we have to be at the movie theatre to get a seat! 10 AM in the morning and popcorn just don't sit right with me!! popcorn::

We are saving Bob from this event. He's very appreciative! Considering he's sitting in the cold for the past 2 hours for horseback riding lessons, I figure it's the least I can do... ;)

Paul is passing on the Hannah Montana movie too!! I think I'm going to take my girls either Monday or Tuesday night. I can't wait to hear what you think about it. Please post your reviews.

OK, I have a question for all of you experienced air travelers. We decided to fly for our birthday trips in 26 DAYS!!! I haven't flown since 2002 and it has been longer than that for Paul. So what's the important things we need to know. We won't be renting a car so we will be using ME for transportation to and from the airport. The girls are going to be so excited Alyssa has never flown and Amanda has flown once...to WDW of course. We are excited because this will give us more park time on Sunday!!

Paul is passing on the Hannah Montana movie too!! I think I'm going to take my girls either Monday or Tuesday night. I can't wait to hear what you think about it. Please post your reviews.

OK, I have a question for all of you experienced air travelers. We decided to fly for our birthday trips in 26 DAYS!!! I haven't flown since 2002 and it has been longer than that for Paul. So what's the important things we need to know. We won't be renting a car so we will be using ME for transportation to and from the airport. The girls are going to be so excited Alyssa has never flown and Amanda has flown once...to WDW of course. We are excited because this will give us more park time on Sunday!!

Bring at least one bag with "essencials" for when you get to the hotel. Your bags won't arrive for a couple of hours after you check in (I have never been in the room when they are delivered, so I have no idea how long it actually is) If you are flying southwest- don't forget to check-in 24 hours in advance for your boarding pass. I believe they have slightly changed what you can now bring on a plane since 2002, for example, I believe you can bring travel sized things on board now as long as it is in a ziplock bag and they force you to take it out.

Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

Bring at least one bag with "essencials" for when you get to the hotel. Your bags won't arrive for a couple of hours after you check in (I have never been in the room when they are delivered, so I have no idea how long it actually is) If you are flying southwest- don't forget to check-in 24 hours in advance for your boarding pass. I believe they have slightly changed what you can now bring on a plane since 2002, for example, I believe you can bring travel sized things on board now as long as it is in a ziplock bag and they force you to take it out.

Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks!! We will enjoy it so much more now that we are flying!! That's a good idea about a bag for the room since our luggage won't arrive for a while.

Surprisingly I found a much better deal on Delta than on SW...we got $138 round trip tickets from Delta!!!

Congrats Mandy!!!! I am glad is is working out okay for you! Way to hang in there.... I am not so patient.... I would have been calling everyday....

We are heading down next week with the band... does anyone need anything?????? I won't be at any of the hotels as we are staying off site but we will be at each park... let me know

Dana & I went to see Hannah Montana in 3-D this morning. woo hoo. :hippie:

It was cute. Not worth $15 a ticket, in MY humble opinion, but as Bob said, "you paid it, didn't you?!" lol he has a point.... :goodvibes

We got there one hour early and there were probably at least 25-30 people in front of us. Not sure how many ended up in back of us. We sat in the second to the last row on the aisle. (I love the aisle seat so I can lean out, because no matter what - the tallest person in the theatre ALWAYS ends up in front of me. :lmao: It also helped me stretch out my leg that has been bothering me.)

Would have liked to see more "behind the scenes" stuff, and would have loved to see Billy Ray and Miley do a full duet.

One thing that it certainly convinced me of - I will NEVER attend a Hannah Montana concert! Too many screaming little girls!! :eek:

Remember you can only bring limited number of liquids on the plane in your carry on. We have these little refillable bottles from the dollar store... seems to work. We each usually bring a carry on.... in it we have any medications we need, a change of clothes - depending on the time of arrival - early in the day we bring a bathing suit and at night we bring pj's and a coat. We also each bring something like a book or a game that we can read just in case of plane deplays... I ofcourse bring my passporter with all the information about hotel, transportation etc.... and ofcourse don't forget your ID..... my daughter always needs it but they never ask my son.....

We also bring a snack... like a granola bar or crackers incase someone gets an upset belly.... and gum or hard candy to suck on for the ears.....

Thanks ya'll, I'll be calling Friday to see if they have final fall transcript and how long it will take them to process it and I'm officially accepted so I can register.

We are heading down next week with the band... does anyone need anything?????? I won't be at any of the hotels as we are staying off site but we will be at each park... let me know

Hey Wendy - if my boss' daughter who is down there now can't find the Leap Year pin I would love for you to look for it for me if you can. She is coming home today so I will know in the next day or so if she found it. Since I am a Leap Year Baby with my big 10 this year I really need that pin. Especially since I will be celebrating my b'day at MK. The pin is a limited edition of 2008 so I want to try to get it before I get down there.

Also, what kind of ID do kids need? Amanda is only 11 but she looks much older and Alyssa is 4. What should I carry for them?

Renee - I'm glad to hear that the movie was cute. I was planning to take the girls tomorrow night but Amanda has a make up game from the game that we missed because of our SNOW STORM a couple of weeks ago...we had a whole 1/2 inch!! But it shut down the basketball games & some other things!! I guess we will go Tuesday night.

Renee - I'm glad to hear that the movie was cute. I was planning to take the girls tomorrow night but Amanda has a make up game from the game that we missed because of our SNOW STORM a couple of weeks ago...we had a whole 1/2 inch!! But it shut down the basketball games & some other things!! I guess we will go Tuesday night.

Do you need to get tickets beforehand? We had to order our's online - and Dana's friends missed getting them for this weekend - all sold out!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter