DisDad App recommendations

In addition to some of the apps already mentioned, I use one on my iPod called TripIt that is terrific for travel. You go to their website (http://www.tripit.com) and sign up for an account, then set up an upcoming trip. Then, whenever you make a reservation (hotel, dining, etc.), you simply forward the confirmation email to their service, and it automatically populates your itinerary with all of the details. Works for Disney reservations as well. Opening the app on the iPod/iPhone downloads all of the updates, so the result is that you have your entire itinerary, including confirmation numbers, reservation times, etc. all in the palm of your hand. No more lugging around the 3-ring binger. Not that any of us do that. Ahem. :rolleyes1

In addition to some of the apps already mentioned, I use one on my iPod called TripIt that is terrific for travel. You go to their website (http://www.tripit.com) and sign up for an account, then set up an upcoming trip. Then, whenever you make a reservation (hotel, dining, etc.), you simply forward the confirmation email to their service, and it automatically populates your itinerary with all of the details. Works for Disney reservations as well. Opening the app on the iPod/iPhone downloads all of the updates, so the result is that you have your entire itinerary, including confirmation numbers, reservation times, etc. all in the palm of your hand. No more lugging around the 3-ring binger. Not that any of us do that. Ahem. :rolleyes1

Thanks for this advice. That is a very cool app. Now what do I do with the really cool MM 3 ring binder I just got and the Phineas and Ferb folder for inside? I'm telling Mom!!:laughing:

Thanks for this advice. That is a very cool app. Now what do I do with the really cool MM 3 ring binder I just got and the Phineas and Ferb folder for inside? I'm telling Mom!!:laughing:

Well, you can still keep your plans for dominating the Tri-State Area in there!

Dads with android phones will be pleased to know that the Live365 app now appears to be free....ad supported, but free!

So now we can stream our DIS Radio or any other Disney music stream you prefer in their network.

It's also available in the apple app store for iOS devices. Streaming it on my iPad as I type this!

Ok, how about us folks who are still living in the stone age that have Blackberry's. Are there any good apps out there for it. I'm currently using a Bold 9650.

I use the Geocache Navigator on my Blackberry Storm2.
Also on BB I use the Pinpoint version of the WDW Maps. It even uses GPS to locate me in the park (like I dont know where I am) and has all the ATM's, Bathrooms, and wait times. Love this app!

I love Subsonic for the Itouch. It has all disney music. Has a Soarin' and a Space Mountian channel as well as a background music channel.
Of course Angry Birds and a newer one Contract Killer.
I have most of the Disney apps
Wait time
WDW maps
WDW Hours

Starbucks is a must
Geocache
Facebook
Sky Sports (for my UK sports)
USA Today (for my US sports)
Vouchercloud

an addictive game is 'Combine'

There is a great app out called audiogalaxy, and it runs on android and Ipod. You install the server on your home computer first, and then run the app. on your mobile. I do have to say, give it a few hours after install, as it scans your itunes library (or music repository) before your music is available. As a plus'd attraction, it also plays over web browser! Just goto www.audiogalaxy.com and log in and BAM! there you are. The Best thing, is that it is FREE!

Matt

Hi guys just thought I would throw in my fav apps (Droid Charge):

Google Voice - allows me to txt for free :)

Amazon Apps - so I can get the free App that Amazon gives away free every day.

Uverse - I have AT&T uverse at home so this app allows me to download some shows. The minus is the download has to occur over WiFi.

Wifi Hotspot - allows me to use my phone as a hotspot (however only works with Droid Charge)

Amazon MP3 - gives me 5GB of space in the cloud. Mostly have music here.

Go Launcher EX - Replaced the default SamSung TouchWiz Launcher.

Tango - decent video conferencing. Believe it works on ios4 and Android platforms. Also do not need a front facing camera.

HBO GO = awesome! If you subscribe to HBO on your cable system or satellite TV network, you can use this free app to watch a ton of HBO shows and movies. I finished watching all seasons of The Wire on it (VERY good show) and now I am finishing up Band of Brothers series. I subscribed to HBO just so I could watch all these older shows with this app on my iPad 2.

Tiny Tower - I am addicted to this free game. It keeps you checking up on it several times daily and doesn't require a lot of time each time you 'maintain' your tower.

Zombie GunShip - this game is really cool: it combines zombie attack with an AC-130 GunShip. You can unlock, use, and upgrade the 25mm Gatling Gun, 40mm Bofors Gun, and the huge 105mm Howitzer. Addictive fun!

Sid Meier's Pirates! - a classic game comes to the iPad. I used to love this game on my old C64. Now I can relive the magic.

TuneIn Radio - great radio app for listening to internet radio and local stations. You can also record!

Downcast - great app for managing and playing back you audio and video podcasts. Has playback speeds of 1x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x. Listen to the DisDads Podcast in half the time!

Downcast - great app for managing and playing back you audio and video podcasts. Has playback speeds of 1x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x. Listen to the DisDads Podcast in half the time!

But does it make Aaron sound like a chipmunk?

HBO GO = awesome! If you subscribe to HBO on your cable system or satellite TV network, you can use this free app to watch a ton of HBO shows and movies. I finished watching all seasons of The Wire on it (VERY good show) and now I am finishing up Band of Brothers series. I subscribed to HBO just so I could watch all these older shows with this app on my iPad 2.

Tiny Tower - I am addicted to this free game. It keeps you checking up on it several times daily and doesn't require a lot of time each time you 'maintain' your tower.

Zombie GunShip - this game is really cool: it combines zombie attack with an AC-130 GunShip. You can unlock, use, and upgrade the 25mm Gatling Gun, 40mm Bofors Gun, and the huge 105mm Howitzer. Addictive fun!

Sid Meier's Pirates! - a classic game comes to the iPad. I used to love this game on my old C64. Now I can relive the magic.

TuneIn Radio - great radio app for listening to internet radio and local stations. You can also record!

You know that podcast playback at 1x, 1.5x, and 2x is built into iTunes too, right? :confused3

I did not. I hate having to sync with iTunes - so the less iTunes involvement, the better. ;)

Looks like you'll get your sync-hating wish with iOS 5 when it comes out! In fact - you can already sync apps purchased under your apple id without tethering to your PC or Mac! :thumbsup2

I did not. I hate having to sync with iTunes - so the less iTunes involvement, the better. ;)
:thumbsup2 Yeah... I know what you mean.

I've finally made the jump to a smartphone and got a Motorola Droid Bionic. I've already downloaded, tried and deleted several apps. Just thought I'd bring this thread back to life in case someone has found anything new and intriguing that I'll need to check out.

:thumbsup2 Yeah... I know what you mean.

I've finally made the jump to a smartphone and got a Motorola Droid Bionic. I've already downloaded, tried and deleted several apps. Just thought I'd bring this thread back to life in case someone has found anything new and intriguing that I'll need to check out.

Andy - you need the Live365 app so you can listen to DISRadio!

And - if you have a Touring Plans subscription - the Lines app is good too.

Andy - you need the Live365 app so you can listen to DISRadio!

And - if you have a Touring Plans subscription - the Lines app is good too.
Thanks for the tip! Lines is the first thing I went for, but I didn't even think about Live 365.:thumbsup2

Does anyone know of a good music player / music management app? I do not get along with the one that is on the phone. I've played with a few sync apps to pull music from my iTunes library, but so far, I'm not having much luck (or at least not happy with how they work).

I just want to say that I'm addicted to Drag Racing by Creative Mobile. I was hooked on Angry Birds until I stumbled across and downloaded this game. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter