DisDad App recommendations

theduck619

DIS Dad #188
For you more technological advanced dads, are there in apps for iPhone or iPad that you would recommend? I found one called tourwrist which gives panoramic views of sights from around the world.

For you more technological advanced dads, are there in apps for iPhone or iPad that you would recommend? I found one called tourwrist which gives panoramic views of sights from around the world.

Great idea for a forum!!!:thumbsup2

Great Idea, Duck!

iPhone Apps

For Disney Apps, I have:
eTicket: pricey, but the frequently the only way I can check the boards from my handheld
Mouse Memo: cheap, flawed in many ways, but a decent way to keep track of dining reservations in the parks for me and DW and has quick links to menus
WDW Waits: frequently incorrect wait times, but my kids love the idea of looking up the wait times in WDW from CT. We never used it in the parks (because it was frequently wrong), but we use it all the time at home to build anticipation
Park Hours: Hours and showtimes. Limited but cheap

Fairies Fly: Not much too it. Quickly bored my DD and she loves the fairies.
Phineas & Ferb: Ditto.
TS Mania: One of my favorite iPhone apps. Games translate surprisingly well to the handheld format.

Others:
Plants vs. Zombies: A fabulous game. Hands down the best game I've ever played. Innocent game with excellent music and theming and suitable for all ages. Also a great way to start training the kids of the impending zombie apocalypse.
Lux Touch: Remember the old Risk game? This is it on an iPhone against the computer. Very fun!
Jumbline: A phone word scramble game
Pandora: Must have radio app

I like the iAmerica app. It lets you find restaurants, gas stations, etc. We used it to plan our dinner stop on the way down I95.

GasBuddy is also pretty handy these days.

Words with Friends is my favorite game.

Sorry I can't contribute to the iApp list since I come from the other side of the tracks. Win Mo 7 user.
We have DisneyBot which is a proximity app that is based on what you are looking for, food, rides, snacks, restrooms, character greeting, shows, pools, stores. It also has daily park hours and crowd levels for each of the parks.

We also have Disney World touring partner that gives you the ride wait times based on color code. Green, Yellow, Red and FastPass load.

Then there is Disney World hours that gives you hours for all the areas of WDW plus EMH morning and evening times.

In case there are any other WinMo7 users.

Space Junk on the iPad is a pretty cool app. It les you hold your iPad up wherever you are and shows you what constellations/planets/etc. are where in the sky. Free too.

Haven't downloaded any good Disney travel apps yet, so I'd love to hear reviews on any of those...

I am new to the iPad and Apple, but I second the recommendations for Plants vs Zombies and Pandora Radio.

I also like Flipboard, Friendly (Facebook for iPad app), Dropbox, GoodReader, Netflix, and of course Angry Birds. I also have the Kindle app and PS Express (free PhotoShop lite.)

I look forward to other recommendations. Great idea for a thread.

Great Idea, Duck!

iPhone Apps

For Disney Apps, I have:
eTicket: pricey, but the frequently the only way I can check the boards from my handheld
Mouse Memo: cheap, flawed in many ways, but a decent way to keep track of dining reservations in the parks for me and DW and has quick links to menus
WDW Waits: frequently incorrect wait times, but my kids love the idea of looking up the wait times in WDW from CT. We never used it in the parks (because it was frequently wrong), but we use it all the time at home to build anticipation
Park Hours: Hours and showtimes. Limited but cheap

Fairies Fly: Not much too it. Quickly bored my DD and she loves the fairies.
Phineas & Ferb: Ditto.
TS Mania: One of my favorite iPhone apps. Games translate surprisingly well to the handheld format.

Others:
Plants vs. Zombies: A fabulous game. Hands down the best game I've ever played. Innocent game with excellent music and theming and suitable for all ages. Also a great way to start training the kids of the impending zombie apocalypse.
Lux Touch: Remember the old Risk game? This is it on an iPhone against the computer. Very fun!
Jumbline: A phone word scramble game
Pandora: Must have radio app
You missed the best iPhone app ever - ZombieFarm. Like Farmville, but with zombies - seriously. This is the only app I miss now that I'm on Android.

I like the iAmerica app. It lets you find restaurants, gas stations, etc. We used it to plan our dinner stop on the way down I95.

GasBuddy is also pretty handy these days.

Words with Friends is my favorite game.

I love Words with Friends but there's a better one on Android - "Wordfeud"

Sorry I can't contribute to the iApp list since I come from the other side of the tracks. Win Mo 7 user.
We have DisneyBot which is a proximity app that is based on what you are looking for, food, rides, snacks, restrooms, character greeting, shows, pools, stores. It also has daily park hours and crowd levels for each of the parks.

We also have Disney World touring partner that gives you the ride wait times based on color code. Green, Yellow, Red and FastPass load.

Then there is Disney World hours that gives you hours for all the areas of WDW plus EMH morning and evening times.

In case there are any other WinMo7 users.
Win Mo 7? I'm sorry. Well at least its much better than 6

I use:
YouVersion A bible app

Photography
Camera Genius
PS Photoshop mobile

Fitness
RunKeeper It plots my runs in real time to a map and also does intervals

Games
Angry Birds

Travel
Geocaching fun to pull up when I have a couple free minutes with the kids
Trip Advisor
Starbucks
UrbanSpoon
Kayak
Redbox Where can I get a movie?

Chat
Palringo
Music
Pandora
Slacker (I like their controls a little better than pandora)
Subsonic (disney music)

Lines Disney wait time app

games
Civilization revolution
Angry birds
Tower madness
Cover orange
Retro revolution
Chess with friends
dining
Urban spoon
Disney
eTicket
Undercover tourist
Lines
other
Tfln (outrageous text that people have sent/received) rated R
FML (people having bad days, can be very funny) rated R
IMDB (international movie database)

You missed the best iPhone app ever - ZombieFarm. Like Farmville, but with zombies - seriously. This is the only app I miss now that I'm on Android.

Thanks, Ian! I'll check that out!

Apps schmaps

I'm still a rebel, I refuse to let Verizon hold me at gunpoint. $30/month data just because I want a smart phone??? I don't even want it for web browsing I just want the apps... Beverly you Verizon, I'll just keep my cheap phone that I can talk and text with.

Full disclosure, I get a new phone this fall and will probably bite the bullet and get a smart phone.

Win Mo 7? I'm sorry. Well at least its much better than 6

I use:
YouVersion A bible app

Photography
Camera Genius
PS Photoshop mobile

Fitness
RunKeeper It plots my runs in real time to a map and also does intervals

Games
Angry Birds

Travel
Geocaching fun to pull up when I have a couple free minutes with the kids
Trip Advisor
Starbucks
UrbanSpoon
Kayak
Redbox Where can I get a movie?

Chat
Palringo
Music
Pandora
Slacker (I like their controls a little better than pandora)
Subsonic (disney music)

Lines Disney wait time app

I use the Geocache Navigator on my Blackberry Storm2.
Also on BB I use the Pinpoint version of the WDW Maps. It even uses GPS to locate me in the park (like I dont know where I am) and has all the ATM's, Bathrooms, and wait times. Love this app!

I love Subsonic for the Itouch. It has all disney music. Has a Soarin' and a Space Mountian channel as well as a background music channel.
Of course Angry Birds and a newer one Contract Killer.
I have most of the Disney apps
Wait time
WDW maps
WDW Hours

Thanks, Ian! I'll check that out!

Fair warning: It's a life sucker.

Tips: First and foremost, planting brings experience, invading brings money. Learn this.

1) Dig up as much land as you can.
2) Carefully look at what you are planting and only plant things that you can be sure of harvesting. I'd plant things on an 8-hour schedule so I'd be able to harvest when I got home.
3) Build a full zombie army before you go an attack the neighbors. You will eventually get gnomes - they're healers. Keep them until the end. Brutes go first because they do the greatest amount of damage and can take a beating while you send more troops to the party.
4) When planting, research what you plant - some will give you more experience than money - that's a good thing. Experience, not money, gets you into higher levels and higher levels mean better zombies.

Good luck and Godspeed - we're all counting on you

So, I've not done this yet but I heard it existed...

I just went to https://market.android.com/ - browsed for an application - then clicked [Install].

It sent the files to my phone and installed them. Without me ever touching the phone once! How cool is that?

Great suggestions so far guys. I have loaded a couple of them on the iPad.

John, I think it was you that mentioned dropbox. That is the only thing I love about my pb'n android phone. It is really nice for me to pull up a print or a quote at a customers and deal with it then rather then waiting until I get back in the office. :thumbsup2

I know that the developer has said that they will never have an android version of Zombie Farm but if anyone gets it and has questions I was kind of a ZF expert before I went to the dark side.

Just Released....

Those Netflix subscribers that have ANDROID phones now have an App for that.

Well atleast for 5 handsets!

Check the article out HERE:

NETFLIX ANDROID APP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter