DisDad App recommendations

I found a Disney app I like. It's OLP WDW Transportation Wizard, cost is 1.99 and it's for both Android and IPhone. You put in where your starting from in WDW and then where it is you want to go and it will give you different options on how to get there using Bus, Boat and Monorail.

Anyone on an android phone (not sure if you can access this with an iPhone)... check out Amazon App Store app. It is a direct rival of the Market and some of their prices for paid apps are cheaper. BUT the cool thing is that everyday, Amazon App Store GIVES away a paid app for FREE. Sometimes it is a game(got Cut the Rope for free last week), productivity app, picture app, etc.

Today's free App is C25K, a couch to 5K app (normally $1.99) that will get you up and running! :yay:

::DISCLAIMER:: I am not affiliated with the C25K App or the Amazon App Store in any way.

Anyone on an android phone (not sure if you can access this with an iPhone)... check out Amazon App Store app. It is a direct rival of the Market and some of their prices for paid apps are cheaper. BUT the cool thing is that everyday, Amazon App Store GIVES away a paid app for FREE. Sometimes it is a game(got Cut the Rope for free last week), productivity app, picture app, etc.

Today's free App is C25K, a couch to 5K app (normally $1.99) that will get you up and running! :yay:

::DISCLAIMER:: I am not affiliated with the C25K App or the Amazon App Store in any way.

I'll have to check that one out!

Anybody know of a good app that will put both my facebook and twitter streams into one for reading?

I just got the iPhone 4s and that was the one thing I miss about my android device. I had HTC's Friendstream that merged them into one for easy reading.

Was looking into Hootsuite but couldn't get it to work correctly on the phone - kept blowing me out of it.

Any ideas?

I would love flipboard for iphone - but it's not quite here yet.

I got turned onto a free app on iphone and android called WAZE. It combines free voice turn by turn GPS navigation with social interactions, letting users post traffic troublespots, police traps, camera traps, etc... I used in on the way back from Manassas VA yesterday, to Maple NC. I updated my ETA based on reported delays ahead, and even recomputed my course with a shortcut that would save me 17 minutes. I like it so far, and will keep everyone posted.

I got turned onto a free app on iphone and android called WAZE. It combines free voice turn by turn GPS navigation with social interactions, letting users post traffic troublespots, police traps, camera traps, etc... I used in on the way back from Manassas VA yesterday, to Maple NC. I updated my ETA based on reported delays ahead, and even recomputed my course with a shortcut that would save me 17 minutes. I like it so far, and will keep everyone posted.

Thanks Matt - I was looking into that one. Nice to know there is someone here that can vow for how good it works! FREE is good! :thumbsup2

I agree! Its really hard to beat free! Now, if someone could tell me how to get a DROID or two for less than $500, that would really make my day.

Thanks for the Waze endorsement, but I must be too far out in the sticks. I just downloaded it. It can find me sitting here at work and shows me in the proper location on the map, but it doesn't recognize my home address or my work address. I tried entering my home address and the 2 choices it gave me were for towns in surrounding counties. :confused3

I have still not found a good app that works for rural addresses around here. This, Google and the AAA Triptik app all fail to correctly recognize the location of rural central Indiana addresses.

Thanks for the Waze endorsement, but I must be too far out in the sticks. I just downloaded it. It can find me sitting here at work and shows me in the proper location on the map, but it doesn't recognize my home address or my work address. I tried entering my home address and the 2 choices it gave me were for towns in surrounding counties. :confused3

I have still not found a good app that works for rural addresses around here. This, Google and the AAA Triptik app all fail to correctly recognize the location of rural central Indiana addresses.

I am not surprised. I go to some rural locations in the northern part of the state and GPS is awful up there.

Thanks for the Waze rec. I am downloading now and will try it out. The turn-by-turn navigation is the one thing I miss about my Droid when I went to the iPhone 4S.

afwdwfan:

WAZE has a function where you can add roads to it. If you are on the navigate screen, tap it once, and some icons pop up. There is a zoom in/out at the top, a directional arrow, and right under that is a pencil. If you select that, it will bring up another menu that lets you record new roads, update house numbers and report map problems to the database. It may still work for you!

afwdwfan:

WAZE has a function where you can add roads to it. If you are on the navigate screen, tap it once, and some icons pop up. There is a zoom in/out at the top, a directional arrow, and right under that is a pencil. If you select that, it will bring up another menu that lets you record new roads, update house numbers and report map problems to the database. It may still work for you!

With the whole "learning routes" thing, it seems like this is only something you'd want to use for traffic updates if you already know where you're going though, correct? I can make it recognize my house, but the route it shows for me to travel there is about 40 miles. Ordinarily it is 11.5 miles.:scared1:

With the whole "learning routes" thing, it seems like this is only something you'd want to use for traffic updates if you already know where you're going though, correct? I can make it recognize my house, but the route it shows for me to travel there is about 40 miles. Ordinarily it is 11.5 miles.:scared1:

You can goggle them and send them an email. Maybe they can do something for you. If not, sorry it wont work in your area. Sometimes you just cant win! (That's usually me)

Matt

I have to wait until April before I can blow up my Droid. Let me know if you run into any issues. How do you like Siri?

Fun and helpful. It's sort of like the Droid voice interface, but with much improved accuracy and can do more things - and it talks back (in a good way), so you don't even need to look at the screen much. Good interface if you are driving, since you can do most stuff with Siri without looking at screen.

With the Droid interface I had to speak to it like I was talking to people from Oklahoma (slowly and loudly) for it to recognize all my words. :rotfl2: Maybe I mumble or something. But Siri recognizes 99% of everything I have said to it with a normal conversationalist voice.

The current family favorite is Where's My Water - everyone is addicted to getting Swampy his shower time. Fun for me and my 9 and 5 year olds as well. No idea if it is android, we have it on iphone/ipad

The current family favorite is Where's My Water - everyone is addicted to getting Swampy his shower time. Fun for me and my 9 and 5 year olds as well. No idea if it is android, we have it on iphone/ipad

I second that one. DS and I are eagerly awaiting a new level - we beat it with 3 stars on all level including bonus levels. Very fun game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter