DISboutiquers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty sad when you have schedule your vacation around what customs you want to make, isn't it? :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm guessing we've all got a sickness of some kind. Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm a customaholic! Hi, Shannon! :rotfl:

What is REALLLY sad is when you do it on days you are NOT at Disney. For example do I put Morgan's animal print custom on today and take her to the zoo? Or do I put the on the "I am a princess" one and take her to the mall?:confused3 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I actually let her go "shopping" in our photobucket account. I linked her to the AK outfits and told her to pick out something. Fortunately for me, she didn't pick out anything too hard for me to make!
I try not to do that with DD because she will say that she wants everything. :lmao:

What is REALLLY sad is when you do it on days you are NOT at Disney. For example do I put Morgan's animal print custom on today and take her to the zoo? Or do I put the on the "I am a princess" one and take her to the mall?:confused3 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I do that same thing. Normal store bought clothes are no longer cute enough for my child. :lmao: Something is wrong with me and it's all ya'll's fault. I was never like this before this thread. I used to just sew for special occassions.

I do that same thing. Normal store bought clothes are no longer cute enough for my child. :lmao: Something is wrong with me and it's all ya'll's fault. I was never like this before this thread. I used to just sew for special occassions.

I hear ya! It's really sad when you walk through the store and think "nope - not cute enough! I'll just make it myself!"

I know what you all mean about "normal" clothes not cute enough either!

That is the whole reason that I do this!

Once they get out of the "toddler" area in the dept. stores, it seems as if the clothing was made for "tweens".

I guess I am "old fashioned", but I still want my little girl to look like a little girl, and not a "hoochie mama!":rotfl:

Once they get out of the "toddler" area in the dept. stores, it seems as if the clothing was made for "tweens".

I guess I am "old fashioned", but I still want my little girl to look like a little girl, and not a "hoochie mama!":rotfl:
I hear ya. I refuse to allow DD to wear shorts or skirts that are too short. I have been making her only capris for now. I'm trying to get away with not making any shorts. :rolleyes1 I want my DD to be a child for as long as possible. Kids today grow up way too fast.

I totally agree! Even on Ebay, a lot of the stuff is offered for infant through size 6. So after they are six, they can't be cute any more?

Tom, love your new avatar!

Also where can I find the pattern for the pillowcase dress/top? DD2 is probably too small now for it but it will be nice to have when she's ready. We're going to WDW in Nov 2009 and I figure I can start planning this winter what to make her for the trip. It's never TOO early to start planning her wardrobe right?

I have links to just about any pattern you could want in the bookmarks. There are several pillowtop dress ones there. Are you planning on making one with one of the pillowcases or just making it with fabric? I think two year olds look really cute in that style of dress.

I agree, eveyone tries to get kids to grow up much to fast anymore, and not just clothes, but the whole attitude towards kids. Let them act like kids as long as possible I say!

I should be off of here, but I was looking at the photobucket account for inspiration!

We have a birthday party to go to today for my Mom, and I am thinking of making something for Leigh to wear. Gee, we are supposed to leave in about 4 hours. I better get off of here if I am going to "whip" something up! LOL.

It will probably be a tshirt dress or top. So I should be o.k.!

:lmao: I was just looking at dds AK outfit from last fall hoping it will fit her this spring so we could go to the zoo in it!! :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl: I have seen what you're talking about- I think the christinas & britneys started that trend about ten years or so ago and it has just taken off from there- Well I guess gone down hill from there.....

Good luck whipping up leighs outfit!!

No sewing for me- We're headed to the Mall of America today! :goodvibes

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the girls before school for their Valentine's Party
HPIM1361.jpg

And here are Kenzie's finished pants. I posted the shirt already, but here are the pants.
HPIM1371.jpg

HPIM1372.jpg

And the skirt I just finished last night
HPIM1373.jpg

HPIM1374.jpg
HPIM1375.jpg

Now, what kind of top do you guys think I should make to go with the skirt? tank or peasant? A ruffle at the bottom? I am unsure what to put with it.

Let me say I have the bestest friend ever!!!!!!!!!!!
she found some moda monkey fabric and some dr.suess fabric she did not know she had and she gave it to me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeecccckkkk I am afraid to cut it!
Lori

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

th_HPIM1361.jpg

And here are Kenzie's finished pants. I posted the shirt already, but here are the pants.
th_HPIM1371.jpg

th_HPIM1372.jpg

th_HPIM1373.jpg

th_HPIM1374.jpg
th_HPIM1375.jpg

Now, what kind of top do you guys think I should make to go with the skirt? tank or peasant? A ruffle at the bottom? I am unsure what to put with it.
These are all so cute.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

HPIM1361.jpg

HPIM1371.jpg

HPIM1372.jpg

HPIM1373.jpg

HPIM1374.jpg
HPIM1375.jpg

me, being the master sewer I am :rotfl: , I would do a peasant top with no ruffle. JMHO.
LOve the outfits though. Way cute.

???? how do you do the tshirt dresses? do you make your own tshirt or cut one up???

I was at wallyworld today and got some cool fabric for an outfit for dd2, as dd7 didn't like it (but I know she will when she sees it in a dress). It is a flourescent green/yellow bandana fabric. I have no picture right now. But it was in the $2. section at wallyworld. Now all I need is for spring to get here.

I was just window shopping at :wizard: and there's a Easter set that is too precious. No I'm not bidding but I think I'm up to the challenge of doing something like it. It's 20019832512. Cute huh?

Finally all caught up. I have been writing on a piece of paper with me so I could make some comments.

Jham, Lily was such a tiny little thing! Don't think Delaney was ever so little. Lily looks so sweet!

jt4blue, I absolutely LOVE the Aurora outfit!

Mytwotinks, I love the Minnie top with the flower, I'm torn about the size, I think it being big makes it cute. I'd have to see it on someone to see if I think it's really too big. I really do love it though.

Tom, goodness, everything you make is gorgeous! We loved the snoopy fabric as well. I did Delaney's twirly top out the same fabric for Valentine's Day. I still so love the Belle outfit, I've got the pillow case, I just haven't found everything else to go with it yet. I also agree about the hoochie mama clothing they have for girls these days. I love it when my husband's relatives send things from the UK because they are so age appropriate and not so out of the spectrum of little kids clothing.

Disney4Me, those blankets are fabulous!

SallyinDE, I found the blue princess fabric at Joann's, I didn't see that anyone was able to tell you where. It's a relatively new print. I have no idea about the Mickey one but boy, I'd love some of that!

Snubie, I'm so glad that your DD is working on potty training! Sounds like she's doing great!

Spongie, I love Jayden's Valentine's top! I think it's very cute! And thank you again!

Okay, I'm going to hop in the shower so I can get to Hancock's for patterns and then out of the house for a little while. DH and DD are conspiring against me today.

We got the new tv in, it weighed a ton, and I ended up pulling the same muscle in my back that just finished hurting but it's not as bad as it had been. Glad we won't have to move it to somewhere else, because if we move, someone else gets to help pick it up. Too heavy for me.

I'm hoping to get some more sewing done the end of the weekend, I've got a consignment sale to get ready for and tons of stuff to go through. I'm trying to decrease the amount of "stuff" that we have. I've got lots of toys and stuff to get rid of this time as well so hopefully there will be lots more room in our apartment again.

:lmao: I was just looking at dds AK outfit from last fall hoping it will fit her this spring so we could go to the zoo in it!! :rotfl2:

That is funny. I specifically made Lily's AK outfit 2 pieces because I wanted her to be able to wear the skirt to the zoo without the mickey head. :rotfl:

I was just window shopping at :wizard: and there's a Easter set that is too precious. No I'm not bidding but I think I'm up to the challenge of doing something like it. It's 20019832512. Cute huh?

Okay, I must be doing something wrong. I go to advanced search and put in that item number and come up with nothing :confused3 I am not a genious when it comes to :wizard: can you pm me or give me the outfit name or price so I can search that way? I really want to see it!

that # I think is wrong no outfit listed under it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter