Disboutiquers Part 7 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

DSC00088.jpg
Cute dresses!:thumbsup2 I so wish I could find that fabric - I'd love to see what MIL and I could come up with using it.

This is my dining room table, er sewing table:

th_IMG_0704.jpg

Right beside the china cabinet is where my notions and ycmt patterns are organized:

th_IMG_0703.jpg

And here on the cedar chest my grandfather made is my carefully cataloged fabric waiting to become outfits:

th_IMG_0705.jpg

Sorry! :lmao: I need some help. I do have a large rubbermaid container of fabric and small one with commercial patterns in my bedroom closet too. I would be happy to see a real organized sewing room though!

Thanks!
You crack me up!:rotfl2:

GoofyG- All the outfits and of course kiddos are stunning! Love the Pooh one!
I am debating on bringing Nik's petti skirt to WDW....

DSC_0031-1.jpg

Here is the outfit that the girls are wearing to Animal Kingdom. I love this pattern..it was so easy.

Maggie turned 2 on Monday and we had her party this morning. The theme was Little Einsteins and the girls got to wear their DHS dresses. We'll wear the dresses again when we dine at Hollywood and Vine.

th_DSC_0153.jpg
Happy bday! What a cute outfit!

HI everyone. So I dont know if I have shown you the pictures of Georgia's hair cut! She wanted it chopped SHORT! She wants another trim before school starts, but since that is on Wednesday I dont think we will have time for it this week. here are just a few pictures. Nothing new for sewing just yet. I am working on a few things while she is with her dad until Monday. So hopefully I will have some thing to share for that. haha

This is Georgia at my new boyfriends house (yes, I have a new one. He was bbq us dinner, she loved the bean bag chair so much he let her have one!! )
th)August036.jpg

Here is a cute one of her at the dr. she was so nervous. Double ear infections! and she has a smile on her face. I love her hair.
th_August005.jpg

This is of the two of us! Two happy girls in the house.
th)August032.jpg
What a cutie you have! sorry about the ear infections!
I got some flannel backed Hello Kitty fabric for $2.50/yard yesterday. Henry worked until 3:00am last night, so I stayed up and made Tessa a nightgown out of the fabric. She didn't even know I had bought it. Anyway, I sewed it and then put it on her bed while she was sleeping. She came out of her bedroom this morning hugging it. She said "You are the best mom in the whole world." Comments like that make it all worthwhile.

It was a really simple nighgown to make. I just used the portrait peasant pattern as a base and I lengthened and flared it out, making the skirt and bodice one piece, so I didn't have to gather anything. It only took an hour to sew it!

DSC00406_330x480.jpg
th_DSC00423_360x480.jpg

This is what Tessa looked like when she saw an ad for the new Little Mermaid movie on tv.

TH_DSC00401_360x480.jpg
It came out great! How sweet was tessa! I need to get that pattern from YCMT! i have a different one and Nik is about to outgrow it so I can use that as an excuse!

At least you have a sewing room even if it has a bed in the middle of it! I sew hunched over on our coffee table!

Karen- Can I move in with you! your sewing room is so great!

A few "baby" pictures of the boys- lots of random stuff from photobucket. Get ready for too many Jackson and Coopers

100_0293.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1552.jpg

100_1655.jpg

bnw.jpg

100_1034.jpg

100_1056.jpg

Jackson's first day of preschool- he will be wearing the same pair of shorts to first grade next week!!
100_1253.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0838.jpg

100_1243.jpg

1st day last year (J in K and C in 2 year olds)
silly.jpg

You ROCK! You should be proud of yourself. And I agree girls are smarter than boys (except my boys)
I wasn't in reference to little boys. Everyone knows that they are very smart. :thumbsup2 They start out learning everything that they can and then when they hit their teen years they forget about everything except girls and cars. :rotfl2:

I love your sewing/craft room!!! I must have missed it when you posted it before, but that is my dream sewing room....but first, I must find a room and we don't have an extra!! Maybe when the kids are older I will claim the gameroom/playroom upstair and convert it into my sewing room!!

I just love Georgia's curls! So pretty!!!

11.gif

CHIANNA!!!

8.gif
(belated)
IRELAND!!

Happy Birthday to Chianna and Ireland!! Lots of August babies on here.

Love the Hello Kitty pajamas!!! And at least you have a sewing "room" and not a dining room table...I wish I had a room, so I can just shut that door when I don't want to see my mess!

It's plain to see that you just need to get rid of that serger. So, go ahead and pack it up and send it on over to me. ;)

LOL...:rotfl: trust me, there are days when I want to get rid of that thing.

I love the new stuff posted lately. I haven't had enough free time lately to do much sewing. DW has a new patchwork bag that I made her and for some reason everyone that sees it wants one. :laughing:

th_scan0002.jpg

We need pictures of the purse, and Leighanna is adorable with those curls!!!!!

I love the CInderella dress....so beautiful!!!!

5-2-04%20girls%20in%20jammies.JPG

Same year. Heather got matching pajamas for all the girls.

My how they grow!

Love the pictures of the girls in matching pajamas!!

I love this picture!

Hey, we have the same serger! I like how you have the manual right next to yours and I have a picture of Rudolph fron Megan next to mine! :lmao: You are a little more practical I think. I think we need a professional to tell us how to make our dining room serve as a sewing room.

That just shows that you know how to work your serger, and I still need to read the manual!! My sewing area is also the first thing that people see when they walk in the door...that's why I really want to move it somewhere else!

Very cute, I like the black shirt. It says "chalkboard" to me and looks very schoolish.

I didn't think of that! It does look chalk-boardish!! CUTE!!

Okay, I'm EXHAUSTED. It just took me forever to catch up. Today was my baby Lily's 3rd birthday and Jayden's is Monday so Mike and I took 6 kids to the local amusement park today. In other words, I took 7 kids to the local amusement park today. Mike has a cold and is behaving worse than any of the other 6 kids I had. :sad2: I have lots of pictures of birthday girls and outfits and stuff I made and a really funny picture of Luke but I'll have to post them tomorrow. I'm too tired now.

party: :bday: To Jayden and Lily!!party: :bday:

Today (er...yesterday) is also the 18th anniversary of the day I met Henry at the mall! :rotfl:

How time passes when true love arrives! :love: Did you go back to the mall and recreate the event?? :laughing:

I was feeling nostalgic and looked up a pic of Leighanna when she was four.
scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Curls made by little rag rollers!

This is the Christmas card I made from that year. We were all in white so I snapped a few pics at home after her photos were done!
Card2.jpg

Loved those pics and the Christmas card as well. You have a really beautiful little family!

OMG!!! This is incredible!! I am so envious :) Some day I hope to have my own craft room...for now it's Kitchen Table...like many it appears. Beautiful!!

Thank You- It took a mere 27 years of being married before I got mine! Maybe you'll get yours before having to wait that long!!

Karen- I love those buckets you have hanging in your sewing room!!!

(Ok, who is actually going to read all that??? But, I feel better having commented!)

I got those buckets etc at Ikea. They were inexpensive and gave the room a really great look and I FINALLY found something I could all my markers etc. in. If you have an Ikea near you, it's worth the trip to get these! It was like $35.00 for the whole thing.

ANd........ I actually read the whole thing! You are too funny girlie! :rotfl:

I finished Isabelle's BIG GIVE dress today. Alicia wanted a Cinderella dress that she could wear to BBB. And, she loved the out of print pattern for it! After much searching, another Diser leant me the pattern to use! I modified the top, so it wouldn't be so very low (really what was Disney thinking making such a low cute pattern??).
And, Lydia modeled it for me. I put some bling on the sleeves, puffs and neckline, but you can't see it too good in the pictures.

Ok, too many Lydia's coming right up!

DSCF4487.jpg

DSCF4507.jpg

She thought she was REALLY funny in that last one!

It REALLY needed a petti under it, but Lydia didn't feel like wearing one!

BEAUTIFUL WORK! This dress is so pretty and has GREAT twirl factor!

LOVE taht last pic! She IS funny!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OH!!! and Heather- You are such a sweet Mommy! Tessa will remember the day she woke up and found that Hello Kitty nightgown on her bed (and for really no special reason or occasion) FOREVER!! It's things like that that build a special relationship between Mom and child. The nightgown was adorable, but more adorable is the fact that you made that for her just for the heck of it. Makes me wanna just sit in the corner and cry a little.

Okay, I'm EXHAUSTED. It just took me forever to catch up. Today was my baby Lily's 3rd birthday and Jayden's is Monday so Mike and I took 6 kids to the local amusement park today. In other words, I took 7 kids to the local amusement park today. Mike has a cold and is behaving worse than any of the other 6 kids I had. :sad2: I have lots of pictures of birthday girls and outfits and stuff I made and a really funny picture of Luke but I'll have to post them tomorrow. I'm too tired now.
Happy bday to both your girls!
I remember seeing your dress. It's so cute. I love the fabric because of the sparkles. The pants were actually made using a remnant from a past project - this set:

th_magic1.jpg
Oh I love that one!

Can you still get that fabric? I got mine YRS ago long before I started making Nik clothes. I think I got it to make her doll something... I would LOVe to find more. I have no clue where I got it either....
I love the new stuff posted lately. I haven't had enough free time lately to do much sewing. DW has a new patchwork bag that I made her and for some reason everyone that sees it wants one. :laughing:

The little picture of Megan was so cute, and little Ireland is growing up too.
Leighanna starts First grade on Tuesday. Where has the time gone!:confused3

I was feeling nostalgic and looked up a pic of Leighanna when she was four.
th_scan0002.jpg

th_scan0001.jpg

Curls made by little rag rollers!

This is the Christmas card I made from that year. We were all in white so I snapped a few pics at home after her photos were done!
th_Card2.jpg
What a cutie she is!

Any chance you will post a picture of the purse I would love to see it!
I finished Isabelle's BIG GIVE dress today. Alicia wanted a Cinderella dress that she could wear to BBB. And, she loved the out of print pattern for it! After much searching, another Diser leant me the pattern to use! I modified the top, so it wouldn't be so very low (really what was Disney thinking making such a low cute pattern??).
And, Lydia modeled it for me. I put some bling on the sleeves, puffs and neckline, but you can't see it too good in the pictures.

Ok, too many Lydia's coming right up!

DSCF4487.jpg

DSCF4484.jpg

DSCF4483.jpg

DSCF4482.jpg

DSCF4478.jpg

DSCF4458.jpg

DSCF4462.jpg

DSCF4463.jpg

DSCF4471.jpg

DSCF4494.jpg

DSCF4507.jpg

She thought she was REALLY funny in that last one!

It REALLY needed a petti under it, but Lydia didn't feel like wearing one!
Stunning!!!!!!

I love all the old photos! Man Buzz never ages does he:rotfl:

well now I want to post older pictures. They are just so fun. here are some of Georgia when she was younger. She doesn't seem to change!

Here is one of the first dresses I made for her. this was about 2.5yrs ago. I love this picture at our old house.
th_Cowgirlsback.jpg

th_georgia1.jpg

this is from Georgia's first trip to Disneyland. I just love how Snow White was with her. Soo cute.
th_Picture193.jpg

This is from our trip last November during Thanksgiving weekend.
th_Disneyland2007471.jpg
Love those boots! The outfit of course is adorable!

Love the funny faces:goodvibes

I wish I could say that I made the cake. I bought it at a local bakery and then added the LE figures that I picked up on Clearance at
Target. It tasted as good as it looked. Notice that I said tasted...less than 24 hours later it is all one. :lmao:

I think that I am going to change my FEB DISMEET dates to Friday-Monday. That way, I don't have to change anything about visitation with their dad or deal with any trouble in that regard. I think it helps for a meet up too. I cannot wait. I keep looking for cheap airfare because I really, really want the kids to come too!
I'll change your dates on the other board then! I hope you can find some cheap tickets! We'd love to meet the boys, too!

It came out great! How sweet was tessa! I need to get that pattern from YCMT! i have a different one and Nik is about to outgrow it so I can use that as an excuse!

At least you have a sewing room even if it has a bed in the middle of it! I sew hunched over on our coffee table!
Thank you!! You definitely need that pattern. It's SO versatile!

I sew at my dining room table since there isn't any room in my "sewing room" LOL!

Those boys just melt my heart!!! They are gorgeous (but tell them I said they are very handsome and tough looking)

How time passes when true love arrives! :love: Did you go back to the mall and recreate the event?? :laughing:

I got those buckets etc at Ikea. They were inexpensive and gave the room a really great look and I FINALLY found something I could all my markers etc. in. If you have an Ikea near you, it's worth the trip to get these! It was like $35.00 for the whole thing.

OH!!! and Heather- You are such a sweet Mommy! Tessa will remember the day she woke up and found that Hello Kitty nightgown on her bed (and for really no special reason or occasion) FOREVER!! It's things like that that build a special relationship between Mom and child. The nightgown was adorable, but more adorable is the fact that you made that for her just for the heck of it. Makes me wanna just sit in the corner and cry a little.
No, but we did go to a parade, does that count? hehe

I wish we had an IKEA near us!!! They are the coolest stores!! I've only been to one once, in Pittsburg.

You went and made me cry with that comment about Tessa's nightgown. I hadn't thought of it that way at all. :hug: Thank you!

I updated my trip report!!!

We've arrived at Vero Beach! If you want to go straight to the new installment click here... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=26973809&postcount=17

Or you can click the link in my signature to start from the beginning. :cool1:

I have to say, I'm loving all the old kiddo pics and the sewing room pics. I'm in the process of redoing my sewing room in Mickey Mouse! I'll be sure to post pics when I finish it.

Well I'm almost finished with the cruise outifits...only one top to go!!!!:cool1:
I made the girls try on everything this morning, so forgive the hair. It's all I could do to get Ireland's hair out of the way, while trying to get her in and out of clothes. So total outfits made so far 15!!! YUP 15!! only 1 to go!!!!!
I don't think I posted Alexis' toy story outfit. I bought the woody shirt and made her the rest. She didn't want to wear pants, so I used the red gingham with it. I'm pretty happy with it. The other pictures are Ireland's birthday, she FINALLY got her DS. I thought she was too young and too rough to have one, so I made her wait until she turned 7. She received a total of 8 games for it, so now I will never see her again. :lmao: She also got a Razor scooter...these things make me nervous. But she's great on it...she sailed down the driveway, and is starting to learn tricks. I do make her wear her helmet with it though...:sad2:
Okay..enough chat..here's the pictures...then I'm off to Wallyworld to pick up last minute school stuff with the rest of the free world....
I also want to see all of those first day of school pictures everyone.....:rotfl:
IrelandandLexieChristmas20072958.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072960.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072966.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072962.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072955.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072957.jpg

Well I'm almost finished with the cruise outifits...only one top to go!!!!:cool1:
I made the girls try on everything this morning, so forgive the hair. It's all I could do to get Ireland's hair out of the way, while trying to get her in and out of clothes. So total outfits made so far 15!!! YUP 15!! only 1 to go!!!!!
I don't think I posted Alexis' toy story outfit. I bought the woody shirt and made her the rest. She didn't want to wear pants, so I used the red gingham with it. I'm pretty happy with it. The other pictures are Ireland's birthday, she FINALLY got her DS. I thought she was too young and too rough to have one, so I made her wait until she turned 7. She received a total of 8 games for it, so now I will never see her again. :lmao: She also got a Razor scooter...these things make me nervous. But she's great on it...she sailed down the driveway, and is starting to learn tricks. I do make her wear her helmet with it though...:sad2:
Okay..enough chat..here's the pictures...then I'm off to Wallyworld to pick up last minute school stuff with the rest of the free world....
I also want to see all of those first day of school pictures everyone.....:rotfl:

Those outfits are gorgeous!!! :love:

ry%3D320

Here is my nostalgia! This is Kirsta's 2nd Bday party. She had a Monster party and we dressed her up like Boo. She got Betty as a present. I wish I knew where that wagon went. Anyway, Betty has grown up also, she now sports a dreadlock hairdo and had a body replacement. Oh... and gone blind in one eye.

Boy, things change in 5 years!!

ry%3D320

Here is my nostalgia! This is Kirsta's 2nd Bday party. She had a Monster party and we dressed her up like Boo. She got Betty as a present. I wish I knew where that wagon went. Anyway, Betty has grown up also, she now sports a dreadlock hairdo and had a body replacement. Oh... and gone blind in one eye.

I love it!!!:lmao: We have a Mr. Bear, who sadly, his fur is so matted, it has covered his eyes and he is now blind as well. I hope someone doesn't call Animal Control on us...:lmao:

Really, REALLY CUTE!! Great Job!!!

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072958.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072960.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072966.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072962.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072955.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072957.jpg
WOW!!!!!! Love the cruise dresses! Those pants witht the logo are so cute!

Gotta love the Jesse and Woody outfits! I bought some fabric so I can CASE your Jesse for Tessa. I hope you don't mind! If you do, too bad! :rotfl: I haven't decided on what to do for Sawyer. He has a Buzz Lightyear costume already, but it would be really cute if he was Woody.

ry%3D320

Oh my gosh, how cute is she!?!

Poor little Betty!

Hi from our new home in Towson, MD!!!

:wave2:

Here is a pic of my living room:

boxes.jpg

I didn't have internet access for two whole weeks! :eek: I have so much lurking to catch up on!!!

Anyways, I am so happy to be here, and can't wait to get settled and get back into sewing!!! From what I've read online, there are some great fabric stores in the MD/DC area. If anyone is from these parts and can give me a heads up on where to shop, it would be much appreciated! :thumbsup2

CarlaC

Hi Carla,

Whew, moving is tough, isnt it!!!! You'll be back into sewing before you know it!!!

Wendy:)

Hi HeatherSUe,

It would be cute if Sawyer was Woody, but Buzz would also be cute cause isnt that who Jesse fell for?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter