Disboutiquers Part 7 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Can someone please explain to me how they get gathers so even. :confused3 I think I'm useless at it. I'm so scared to cut the Friends around the World fabric for Ash's Epcot oufit and make my first Simply Sweet top because I'm terrified of doing the gathers. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I'm not being patient enough????

I bought my ruffler foot off of *bay for super cheap and it was sooooo simple to use. OMG I can't believe how much more fun I have sewing now. I do NOT gather anything now that I have that thing. It is awesome!!! It was recommended to me by the ladies on here and wow...yeah it is so worth it!

I love the new stuff posted lately. I haven't had enough free time lately to do much sewing. DW has a new patchwork bag that I made her and for some reason everyone that sees it wants one. :laughing:

The little picture of Megan was so cute, and little Ireland is growing up too.
Leighanna starts First grade on Tuesday. Where has the time gone!:confused3

This is the Christmas card I made from that year. We were all in white so I snapped a few pics at home after her photos were done!
th_Card2.jpg
Super cute family pic! Leighanna was a cutie then too!
I finished Isabelle's BIG GIVE dress today. Alicia wanted a Cinderella dress that she could wear to BBB. And, she loved the out of print pattern for it! After much searching, another Diser leant me the pattern to use! I modified the top, so it wouldn't be so very low (really what was Disney thinking making such a low cute pattern??).
And, Lydia modeled it for me. I put some bling on the sleeves, puffs and neckline, but you can't see it too good in the pictures.

Ok, too many Lydia's coming right up!

th_DSCF4487.jpg

It REALLY needed a petti under it, but Lydia didn't feel like wearing one!
It came out awesome! Lydia looks like she is having a blast modeling it too!

Well I'm almost finished with the cruise outifits...only one top to go!!!!:cool1:
I made the girls try on everything this morning, so forgive the hair. It's all I could do to get Ireland's hair out of the way, while trying to get her in and out of clothes. So total outfits made so far 15!!! YUP 15!! only 1 to go!!!!!
I don't think I posted Alexis' toy story outfit. I bought the woody shirt and made her the rest. She didn't want to wear pants, so I used the red gingham with it. I'm pretty happy with it. The other pictures are Ireland's birthday, she FINALLY got her DS. I thought she was too young and too rough to have one, so I made her wait until she turned 7. She received a total of 8 games for it, so now I will never see her again. :lmao: She also got a Razor scooter...these things make me nervous. But she's great on it...she sailed down the driveway, and is starting to learn tricks. I do make her wear her helmet with it though...:sad2:
Okay..enough chat..here's the pictures...then I'm off to Wallyworld to pick up last minute school stuff with the rest of the free world....
I also want to see all of those first day of school pictures everyone.....:rotfl:
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072958.jpg
These are AWESOME as usual. Sounds like Ireland had a great BDAY!

Okay, here are my birthday girls.

th_IMG_1263-1.jpg

And cake and ice cream at home after a looooong day at the amusement park:

th_IMG_1280-1.jpg

th_IMG_1275-1.jpg
OK that pic of Luke is hilarious! And Happy belated bday to Lily and Jayden!

To the person who wanted that bag pattern (sorry, I can't remember who) I think I found it!
http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=37

A while back, I posted that I hadn't purchased a cutting board for my rotary cutter...If you need one, get thee to Joann's! I got one that was originally $47 on clearance for ten tonight. It smells bad but I've heard the self healing ones do?

I also got 30% off a ruler to go with it and some fusible batting for a baby quilt at 50% off, thinking that that way i wouldn't have to pin it...but then I have to bind it, I think....I really need a clue.:rotfl:

Well let me say :worship: to all you appliquers out there! I tried my hand at cinderella and it was a disaster! I think part of the problem is that it is too small. I could not find anything larger. Any hints? I tried to go by hand but it did not help! The bigger stuff turned out ok when I could use my machine. Here she is:

IMG_1487.jpg

Well let me say :worship: to all you appliquers out there! I tried my hand at cinderella and it was a disaster! I think part of the problem is that it is too small. I could not find anything larger. Any hints? I tried to go by hand but it did not help! The bigger stuff turned out ok when I could use my machine. Here she is:

IMG_1487.jpg

I'm not sure where you got your Cinderella from, but what I do is, go to Google and type in whatever I'm looking for. So for example....Cinderella coloring page. I save it in my pictures. Then when I print it, I flip it into reverse and make it whatever size I want. There is a great website full of coloring pages....check it out if you have a minute...
http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/

Thank you so much for all the kind words about the outfits I posted.(and my little Lillian compliments)

I am so sorry but someone asked how I made the imposter skirt....I soooo cheated. I cased the skirt from one I had seen on the net. You know where. Well I right click saved it and then in Microsoft Picture Manager I zoomed in until the skirt was life sized and just traced the outline of the sections, added the seam allowance and guessed at the rest of it. i.e. the second layer and the waist area. I am not sure that it lays the same as it would if I had used the actual pattern but like I said it worked for me. Thank you so much for all of the compliments because I was really worried about the fabric I used. It did not have a very wide range of colors and I just worried it wouldn't look right.

Thank you too all of the ladies that have recommended YCMT.com. I have bought quite a few patterns from there now and am loving it. I alter them usually just a bit but the directions that come with them are unreal!!! And guess what!!! I even won a contest they just did! I was so excited and could not believe it, I never win anything so that was awesome. I think I am going to use the points to buy the round neck dress.

I am so envious of all the sewing areas you ladies have. I can only dream of something that nice. I don't even have tubs for things. I keep alot of stuff seperated in shoe boxes. Sad I know, but the totes and things can be expensive and I am saving for our vaca which is in only a little over 2 weeks. I am so excited. I still have to make my boys their Phineas and Ferb shirts and a pair of pants for my dd princess shirt and I am done. Well I have chatted your eyes out. Sorry, don't have anyone here but the 3 kiddos and that is not the same so thanks for reading.

IMG_1487.jpg

I did this same aplique not long ago. I managed to do the mouth and the whites of the eyes by machine, but i had to do the rest by hand. I used my scanner to blow up the picture after I printed it out. I went throught several drafts, but ended up cutting the eyes out exactly like the picture. I think the key for me was to blow it up big enough to have something i could work with. I never could get a decent outline on the eyes so I left them. Mabye someone with more experience/ talent would be more help?!? I am NOT great with applique by any means, but here is the finished product:
DSCF0041.jpg

Are we moving tonight, or in the morning? I don't want to get left behind!!!!!

I'll be moving us tonight. There will be a link, so no one should get left behind! If you have a multiquote going, you can copy and paste it into the new thread.

Ok, I have to go back a few pages and get caught up, I was just checking to see what page we were on!

I'll start the new thread soonish!

I about fell off my chair...:lmao: :lmao:
Finally..someone thinks she looks like her dad...LOL :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
I thought that he was her dad the 1st time i saw your avatar..:lmao:

Our family tradition is to wake the birthday person by coming into their room and singing happy birthday. Then they get to open some or all of their presents.

I made the quilt, sheet and pillow for Lily's Bitty Baby crib:

IMG_1220-1.jpg

Her new princess coat:

IMG_1221-1.jpg

The birthday outfit I decided to make at the last minute:

IMG_1223-1.jpg

IMG_1246-1.jpg

Jayden and her 2 BFFs that came with us for her birthday party party:

IMG_1260-1.jpg

And Luke on the ride home--he slept like this for about 30 minutes. :confused3 :rotfl2: at least the water bottle was empty. I guess he was tired.

IMG_1263-1.jpg

IMG_1280-1.jpg

IMG_1275-1.jpg
so fun ! Kj wants to bring Jayden some flowers for her B-day tommorow so i will have to give ya a call (I tell ya he is such a sweet boy he thought of it all on his own ) it will prob be after 4 ish but i will call ya ;)

IMG_1487.jpg
I think it looks pretty good .

XH has a fishing license that lists him as yellow eyes. He has pale, pale green eyes. They could look blue if he wore a blue shirt. They are very pretty and different. Not nearly as beautiful as Miss Jayden's though!! Do the other kiddos have similar eyes.

Seth's are sorta similar but more greenish. Lukes and Lily's are still kinda greenish-blue, but my kids eye colors are continually morphing. :confused3

I thought that he was her dad the 1st time i saw your avatar..:lmao:

so fun ! Kj wants to bring Jayden some flowers for her B-day tommorow so i will have to give ya a call (I tell ya he is such a sweet boy he thought of it all on his own ) it will prob be after 4 ish but i will call ya ;)

I think it looks pretty good .

That boy is so cute! I think we'll be around, just call. I'll have to make sure she dresses all purdy :rotfl2:

That Cindy dress turned out sooo cute. and I love the picture of all the girls in matching jammies! I love old pictures.

Thank you!

well now I want to post older pictures. They are just so fun. here are some of Georgia when she was younger. She doesn't seem to change!

this is from Georgia's first trip to Disneyland. I just love how Snow White was with her. Soo cute.
th_Picture193.jpg
I love the pictures!!! This one is so cute!

i love these pics , especially the one where corey is so little with the whole family. it is adorable, sorry i didnt copy the pics i was having th_ problems and when i went to delete, i messed up the whole thing
Thanks! I love little Corey pictures too!
1.)Are you trying to say you don't trust me not to get tipsy? Have you ever seen me tipsy? Have you ever seen me drink at all? :snooty:

2.)GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! That must have been a really difficult project. I'm seeing all sorts of extra seams and such. But, it turned out SO pretty! The fabric you used looks extra nice, too. I love the "bling"!! Isabelle will look so pretty in it at BBB! I think Lydia's pretty funny, too. It would look even gorgeouser with a petti!

3.)I LOVE these pictures!! I especially love Lydia's little Belle and Aurora (?)dresses! I bet she was the littlest princess at the parks!!
1.)Nope, I have never seen you tipsy! I just didn't want to put all that responsobility onto you, incase you had to watch Sawyer! Ok, you can help Jeanne!
2.)Thank you Heather! It wasn't too hard of a pattern actually. The sleeves took quite awhile, but it all went together really nicely. And, until I got to the zipper, I didn't even use the seam ripper once!
3.)Wasn't Lydia tiny!!! Sarah wears those dresses now! (Sarah is Arminda's doll!)

2) :snooty: for you! I do not need supervision!:lmao:

3.)Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the bling detail. Isabelle is going to flip!

4.)We had that same sweater! I liked how Megan looked like a little preppy kid in it.

2.) Uh huh, sure you don't!
3.)Thank you! I hope she likes it!
4.)I forgot to comment about Georgia's sweater, earlier. Arminda had that sweater too!
Great job. It looks like a very difficult dress. I know that Isabelle will love it. And that Lydia- what a cutie!!

Love the old pictures too. It is so fun to see how much they have changed in such a short time.
Thank you, Lydia really wants me to make her one now. It wasn't too hard to do.The worst part was taping the pattern together and then copying it over again! (I am borrowing it from another Diser!)

They have changed, haven' they? Where are my babies going???

A few "baby" pictures of the boys- lots of random stuff from photobucket. Get ready for too many Jackson and Coopers

1st day last year (J in K and C in 2 year olds)
th_silly.jpg
Your boys are SOOO handsome!!! Wow! I love the old pictures!
I love the CInderella dress....so beautiful!!!!
Thank you so much! I was really worried it was pretty enough! You guys always make me feel better!

LOVE taht last pic! She IS funny!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OH!!! and Heather- You are such a sweet Mommy! Tessa will remember the day she woke up and found that Hello Kitty nightgown on her bed (and for really no special reason or occasion) FOREVER!! It's things like that that build a special relationship between Mom and child. The nightgown was adorable, but more adorable is the fact that you made that for her just for the heck of it. Makes me wanna just sit in the corner and cry a little.
She is a silly child!!!

What you said about Heather and the nightgown has made me cry!!! How sweet!!! Heather is such a fantastic Mommy!
I love all the old photos! Man Buzz never ages does he
Too funny! Nope, he just stays the same!!!
I updated my trip report!!!

We've arrived at Vero Beach! If you want to go straight to the new installment click here... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=26973809&postcount=17

Or you can click the link in my signature to start from the beginning.

I have to say, I'm loving all the old kiddo pics and the sewing room pics. I'm in the process of redoing my sewing room in Mickey Mouse! I'll be sure to post pics when I finish it.

OOOH Goody, an update!!! I'm glad you posted, it reminded me of something I have to do! ;)

I love the cruise outfits and the Woody and Jessie!!!
ry%3D320

Here is my nostalgia! This is Kirsta's 2nd Bday party. She had a Monster party and we dressed her up like Boo. She got Betty as a present. I wish I knew where that wagon went. Anyway, Betty has grown up also, she now sports a dreadlock hairdo and had a body replacement. Oh... and gone blind in one eye.

Boy, things change in 5 years!!
Oh, she is so cute!!! And, poor poor Betty!
My husband and I are paranoid about this too! Don't know if I mentioned it before, but my Dad owns funeral homes (he's a funeral director) and my DH and I remember them burying a soldier's son (stationed in Germany at the time) who was about 20 months. He had been playing with a balloon and it popped. When the balloon popped it startled him and he opened his mouth and inhaled the popped balloon. They were unable to save him unfortunately.
OH, that is just so sad. I didn't know your dad was a funeral director. I think that would be such a hard job. When my babies died, our funeral director was so wonderful. He was just so wonderful. He didn't even charge us for their funerals. I have a lot of respect funeral direcrtors.

Wow! What a lucky little girl to get a dress like that! Fantastic job!
Thank you Benita.

GORGEOUS! you did a great job! Oh, and the dress is nice too ;) :rotfl: !
I agree, my three kids are my greatest creations!!!!!

And Luke on the ride home--he slept like this for about 30 minutes. at least the water bottle was empty. I guess he was tired.

th_IMG_1263-1.jpg
Great pictures Jeanne! This one had us all rolling on the floor though!
It is simply FABULOUS!!! Are you sure you weren't one of Cindy's mice in a former life? SuzyJoy perhaps? I LOVE IT!! Pretty Lyddy makes the outfit!
Aww, thanks MissCammie! You are too sweet!

That is great!!!! I love that fabric! Thank you for posting a bigger picture!

What a beautiful Cinderella dress and Animal Kingdom dress! I just LOVE the animal kingdom fabric. Where did you get it and what is the pattern you used? I tried looking at the YCMT patterns, but it is hard to find.

I actually have a question for you all that I am hoping you can help me out with. I am making a Cinderella dress for my daughter using the Butterick pattern 4320, but I wanted to change the sleeves so they actually are skinny and puff straight up like Cinderella's, not the poofy short sleeve they have on the pattern. I am having a tough time figuring out how to make this sort of sleeve and I was wondering if you have any tips or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Heidi
Thanks!

You are looking for the CArlaC Simply Sweet dress, I believe. Look at the patterns by author, and you should see CarlaC there.

I'm not sure how to get the sleeves to stick up. On the pattern I used, you made the lining shorter than the top to give them more poof, and then you were suppose to line them with netting (which I didn't do). Cinderella's dress at Disney looks to me that it has wire or something in the sleeves to make it stick up more.

It came out awesome! Lydia looks like she is having a blast modeling it too!
Yes, she was having fun modeling!

I LOVE all the old pictures! But, it makes me sad that they grow up so fast! :sad2:

Very cute!!! I think you did a great job without the pattern.

Have you ever tried ycmt patterns? They are NOTHING like a store bought pattern. They usually give you lots of tips and make sewing things easier. I can't tell you how many times I've read through one of CarlaC's patterns and had a revelation on how to do something easier!

I added the Pocahontas dress to the bookmarks yesterday and named it Pocahontas dress by mrsmiller. But, it's gone today and there's a link that's unnamed and doesn't work in the costume section. What happened? I'll try and fix it here in a minute.

Ahh..I can't spell names that have 2 crazy misspellings in them. I can handle an "i" instead of a "y", or 1 "f" instead of 2 "f"s. I just can't do them both!

Are you trying to say you don't trust me not to get tipsy? Have you ever seen me tipsy? Have you ever seen me drink at all? :snooty:

Those peds that hand out balloons are just trying to drum up busines. ;)

I read the whole thing!

Thank you, Teresa! :hug:

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! That must have been a really difficult project. I'm seeing all sorts of extra seams and such. But, it turned out SO pretty! The fabric you used looks extra nice, too. I love the "bling"!! Isabelle will look so pretty in it at BBB! I think Lydia's pretty funny, too. It would look even gorgeouser with a petti!

I LOVE these pictures!! I especially love Lydia's little Belle and Aurora (?)dresses! I bet she was the littlest princess at the parks!

It all depends on how many pages we post, I think. It'll probably be today though!
Thanks for the info on YCMT, I thought they were just like store bought patterns...I will try one :)

HOLY MOLY!!!!! Looks I like I checked in just in time to move!!! I have not even looked to see what I missed yet! I'm gonna do that now.....

Ok, is everyone ready??? Let's do a headcount 1,2,3,4, 5, ..........Ok, it looks like we are all here. So let's all hold hands and form a chain so we don't lose anyone, and on the count of three, we'll all go together to the new thread, ok? All right, good,
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1923786

Remember, there will be a new Photobucket password, so look for it in the first post.

Thank you!! You definitely need that pattern. It's SO versatile!

I sew at my dining room table since there isn't any room in my "sewing room" LOL!

Those boys just melt my heart!!! They are gorgeous (but tell them I said they are very handsome and tough looking)
I know! When you come to Chicago to check out Doorway to Dreams there is a huge Ikea there with a kids play center! My girlfriend and I meet there drop the kids off for a bit wonder in peace then pick them up and grab lunch and a few times they let us drop the kids off again:lmao: I know bad mommies!

Well I'm almost finished with the cruise outifits...only one top to go!!!!:cool1:
I made the girls try on everything this morning, so forgive the hair. It's all I could do to get Ireland's hair out of the way, while trying to get her in and out of clothes. So total outfits made so far 15!!! YUP 15!! only 1 to go!!!!!
I don't think I posted Alexis' toy story outfit. I bought the woody shirt and made her the rest. She didn't want to wear pants, so I used the red gingham with it. I'm pretty happy with it. The other pictures are Ireland's birthday, she FINALLY got her DS. I thought she was too young and too rough to have one, so I made her wait until she turned 7. She received a total of 8 games for it, so now I will never see her again. :lmao: She also got a Razor scooter...these things make me nervous. But she's great on it...she sailed down the driveway, and is starting to learn tricks. I do make her wear her helmet with it though...:sad2:
Okay..enough chat..here's the pictures...then I'm off to Wallyworld to pick up last minute school stuff with the rest of the free world....
I also want to see all of those first day of school pictures everyone.....:rotfl:
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072958.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072960.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072966.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072962.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072955.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072957.jpg
Happy bday! Nikki has that ds. You will have to let me now how the princess game is I am sure Nik would love it. Kyle has the Sponge bob toy bots game and man it is hard! Both my kids got their ds's for christmas last yr.

The outfits are so pretty!

th_ry%3D320

Here is my nostalgia! This is Kirsta's 2nd Bday party. She had a Monster party and we dressed her up like Boo. She got Betty as a present. I wish I knew where that wagon went. Anyway, Betty has grown up also, she now sports a dreadlock hairdo and had a body replacement. Oh... and gone blind in one eye.

Boy, things change in 5 years!!
So cute! We have that wagon I love the mini red flyer! Poor betty! :rotfl:

Our family tradition is to wake the birthday person by coming into their room and singing happy birthday. Then they get to open some or all of their presents.

I made the quilt, sheet and pillow for Lily's Bitty Baby crib:

th_IMG_1220-1.jpg

Her new princess coat:

th_IMG_1221-1.jpg

The birthday outfit I decided to make at the last minute:

th_IMG_1223-1.jpg

th_IMG_1246-1.jpg

Jayden and her 2 BFFs that came with us for her birthday party party:

th_IMG_1260-1.jpg

And Luke on the ride home--he slept like this for about 30 minutes. :confused3 :rotfl2: at least the water bottle was empty. I guess he was tired.

th_IMG_1263-1.jpg

th_IMG_1280-1.jpg

th_IMG_1275-1.jpg
Looks like a great day at the park! You kids are so beautiful! Love the picture of Luke! :lmao: Lili's 3 outfit is so great!

Goodness just from over the weekend to today there was 9 pages of posts I was behind on. Whew!

Yes sadly I am holding onto the little bit I have left. It is insanely expensive but I love it.

Mytwotinks - I'm just getting ready to finally use the yard I have of the pirate skulls print for a friend's dd's bday dress.

You'll have to post yours. I'm sure she looked adorable!! Darn dress codes here, mine has to be cute in khaki, blue or black. Blech!

Goodness just from over the weekend to today there was 9 pages of posts I was behind on. Whew!

Yes sadly I am holding onto the little bit I have left. It is insanely expensive but I love it.

Mytwotinks - I'm just getting ready to finally use the yard I have of the pirate skulls print for a friend's dd's bday dress.

You'll have to post yours. I'm sure she looked adorable!! Darn dress codes here, mine has to be cute in khaki, blue or black. Blech!

Am I just too anal that I care how my son looks? Today, when I took DS to first day of school there were quite a few kids there in dirty stained clothes and I noticed that the parents weren't exactly getting into junky cars. (nice SUVs/Minivans etc) So, surely it can't be that they can't afford clean clothes for their kids, right? It really looks like the just do not care AT ALL! One kid was even wearing dirty torn clothes! (and that mom got into a newer Escalade!)

Hi folks! This thread moved. You can post your questions on Disboutique #8 (link is on the 2nd last page of this thread). You won't get many responses over here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter