Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
MANY thanks for your feedback. I'm dying to try one and maybe should hunt around for a better deal!

I just opened my $39 ruffler from the Janome dealer today. Had it on and ruffling in a few minutes and Oh My God, where has this thing been all my life? I'm not kidding, better than___________ fill in the blank with your guilty pleasure of choice. just wow. If we would just move already I could get back to using it- where's the impatient smilie?

Poor poor Morgan! I didn't realize it was that bad! :hug:

From other people's responses I'm guessing Disneyworld is different from Disneyland in October. At Disneyland the characters are often running around in costumes, not just at Mickey's Trick or Treat or whatever they call it that particular year. You can also find Jack and Sally hanging around.

This was just on main street on a regular day in October:

IMG_2019-1.jpg

We've also seen Minnie as a witch, Minnie in her candy corn acres dress,

IMG_1812-1.jpg

Chip and Dale as farmers

IMG_1817-1.jpg

Chip and Dale as Keystone Cops, and other character costumes I can't remember. I know we've seen Pluto dressed up. :confused3 Also they tend to have a lot more of the "villians" out and about. I even saw Prince John! But that's Disneyland, so maybe you should go there ;)
So cute! Nope, WDW is like pp's said, just cute fall themed, I totally love the mickey pumpkins w/ ears hee hee. They only wear their costumes at MNSSHP.
Haha.. such a cute story.

Really beautiful. I love how you did Cinderella on her own panel in the front.

So cute! I think it is perfect.

How darling! I don't think I have ever seen the baseball pocket before.. so cute!

WOW! Thank you for sharing. I love the 4th of July Vida and the villains boys set. Why is it that the villains always look so good on stuff?? I can't say that I get why everyone likes them on outfits, but for some reason they look awesome on clothing.

Hehe.. how cute. Hannah gets upset when I put just 1 character from a show. This is why I haven't made a strawberry shortcake dress yet. She said she needs all of the characters on it. I think we have 20 on the list so far...

Aww that is so adorable!! My mom just bought Marie for my DD from the Disney store. She has renamed her Custard... hehe
Now she wants an outfit just like this one. I love the fabric you used.
Wow.. sad that poor girl gets picked on, but her mom seems to be encouraging that behavior. If I were in your shoes I don't think I could say anything.. sounds like she'd probably just come right back at you.
Ty for the compliment on the dress. You are so sweet.

Ty about the dress. :)
Love this set.
Hopefully I can stay away from your tutorial for a few more years. :goodvibes
I keep forgetting to post about this pattern you are using. I find it kinda similar to a popular Children's Corner pattern named "Callie".
2675254289_15a6f24bba.jpg

It is not opened in the back, so I think it might be a good option to those of you who don't want an open back. I have the pattern and haven't made it yet. I am wondering if the directions for putting the contrast fabric on might be better as well. I need to make this pattern now!

Wow! Cute kids/outfits! I love the Evil Queen set. DId you purchase the top or did you make it all yourself? I was just asking because it looks like a knit on top.. is it? I need to make more outfits with knits. Hannah loves them because they are comfy.

WOW! That is gorgeous! I knew I should have gotten the raspberry petti!

Wow! That tink set is gorgeous. Those colors just look so good together. I have never seen a skirt done like that. Such a cute way to use lots of fabrics. I am not sure about the last one. I love it. Pink is always perfect to me. :goodvibes

Haha.. I had to quote you just for that. :rotfl:
I will use this phrase irl.

Beautiful! I definitely need to make an Ariel set now. Too many temptations posted lately. Your fabric matching skills astound me.

I think you missed when we were in that serger class with the Bernina lady(the one who couldn't get her power point to work). The teacher says "I know most of you probably don't use your rolled hem alot because you have to change the color for each outfit you make.. I tend to use white on everything possible." Virgina then says rather loudly, "She needs a Babylock!" I thought we might get thrown out of that class. :rotfl:

Geaux Tigers!! Really cute little top.
Where in Lousiana do you live? I live in Lafourche parish.

Oh wow! I do not remember seeing those pictures. Did you take them yourself? They are beautiful!! How precious!

Oh my goodness.. I didn't laugh until you said there went your Babylock. I was shocked that you spent 800 dollars on fabric for one dress... :rotfl:
Glad your kitty is okay. I have heard thread can be very dangerous for kitties and small dogs.

And on that note I give you Cosette the 2 lb maid of honor!

cosette1.jpg

cosette2.jpg

My mom made her dress. The cutest part was on her back. I guess I don't have a picture of it
kirajasoncosette.jpg

I'm too lazy to get the bigger pictures.. hehe

2 comments;
1.what pattern is the top, where'd ya find it? cuz it's cute!
2, Definitely the most fashion forward maid of honor I've seen in a while; she looks so cute? Is she named after the character in Les Mis?

Thanks everyone on all the comments on the princess sets! It was so much fun getting all of the girls together for the pictures.

Yep, I took the pictures myself. I edited the faded/colored one in photobucket.
Can't find the original quote with the pics, but those dresses were amazing; super, super cute!
IMO, the villains, male and female, have wonderfully expressive faces that show off well on clothes. Most of the princesses and heroes, on the other hand, don't have nearly the range of expressions. The newer princesses (and Tink) have more options but still not what you get from the villains. The villains often have more colors in their clothing as well which can make them more visually interesting. If you look at the princesses, they have a fairly limited range of colors in their hair, clothes, etc.

That is really cute. Ottobre has something similar for bigger girls that I want to try for Zoe. First I'll have to show it to her to see if she'd actually wear it. :headache: I recently made her a simple shirred summer dress and thought it would be cute to add ruffles on the straps. She still hasn't worn the dress so I may have to replace the straps and see if that makes it more 'her style'. :rolleyes:

Well I've now taken the pink skirt apart completely. I worked out some dimensions based on the Tink skirt to test. I'll be trying the pink version again using those dimensions to make one that is longer. I also decided to replace the pink w/roses for more of the striped fabric. I think that will add a nice contrast that was lacking before. Lastly I'll be redoing the rolled edge of some of the pieces with a dark pink. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be more what I envision.
Can't wait to see it; it sounds amazing!
ENABLER ALERT!!!!!
Jennifer Paganelli fabric is on sale at fabritopia.com, 15% off, very good prices and great selection. I tried to restrain myself but really how can you with all of those gorgeous fabrics.

So sad about Michael Jackson, even with all of his problems and demons, he was a great entertainer.
Thanks, I think; I so wasn't supposed to buy fabric this week, but surely it wouldn't hurt to just take a look see...
!!!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!

Tifani, T-beri, has been having contractions and her midwife has told her to head to the birthing center which is an hour from her house. BUT! When she and her hubby went to leave their van wouldn't start!!! Come on everyone send some Van starting vibes Tifani's way!! Then, some easy labor vibes too!!!!

OOh, Ooooh, sending working van and easy labor vibes (and pixie dust) now!

Y'all; as long as we're sending good vibes out, could ya send some to my DH? He's stuck in an airport (somewhere, San Jose I thing; or maybe phoenix) on his third, count em third delayed, cancelled, rerouted flight of the afternoon...:confused3

Y'all; as long as we're sending good vibes out, could ya send some to my DH? He's stuck in an airport (somewhere, San Jose I thing; or maybe phoenix) on his third, count em third delayed, cancelled, rerouted flight of the afternoon...:confused3

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hopefully that helps!!

!!!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!

Tifani, T-beri, has been having contractions and her midwife has told her to head to the birthing center which is an hour from her house. BUT! When she and her hubby went to leave their van wouldn't start!!! Come on everyone send some Van starting vibes Tifani's way!! Then, some easy labor vibes too!!!!

I sure hope she made it to the center. Any word yet? Hoping for an easy and quick labor.:love: I can't wait to see new baby.

oh no! Sounds like a long trip home! Or out or wherever he's going!

t-beri from Facebook said:
Hey! I am almost2 cm I'm walking and staying for observation. If I make progress in the next 2 hours then I stay if not I go home and walk tomorrow.

She lives an hour away, I hope they keep her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter