Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of Jhammers! It's ok though..... I have plenty of room at my house for everyone!

Heather is a forgiving girl! She has to be after she upset the entire DISBoards with that picture of THE doll!

Jhammers- I've been thinking (dangerous , I know) but I'll bet they're both waiting for a sneak attack at midnight- have you ever noticed how they always open the new threads in the deepest of the night?

I know, it's already past my bedtime! I totally got left behind last time. It took me days to catch up. I had to hitchhike.

Wow, you guys are busy little boogers!! I go to set up the new thread and you get us all the way to page 252, which is Brian's favorite number!!!

So, let's all make like T. and push this baby on out out of here and onto our new thread!!

Delivery_tnb.png

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32441686#post32441686

STOP POSTING HERE!!!

What size did you make??? How did you get it in the right spot on the fabric!!??

Well, Im packed in 2 bags - 1 for camp and one for our move - got my good ol kennomre from Nana, my walmart serger, my craigslist disney brother embroidery and wow - even my great grandma's really old kennmore (one of those black ones with a big ol' belt on the side) in my bag!!!! Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet??:laughing:

She probably had a better way, and you weren't asking me, but I thought I would let you know what I did..... When I was doing the 8 princesses on 1 dress and wanted them to be even with each other, I just cut pieces bigger then what I knew I would need and put the princesses in the general area, once I had them all done I was able to cut it down to size and get them even with each other.... I would cut different sides on each one until they were all positioned the same.... and since I could use the scraps for appliques I wasn't too worried about wasting fabric.

I know it probably isn't the best method, but it worked great for me.

Chucks-

If at all possible I would try on the baby chucks. They can be a tight fit with the upper foot. When my girls were little chucks were always tricky to get the perfect size. I know find they run a little big on my oldest who is five. That being said . . . I LOVE chucks!!!! They are awesomely cute and go with everything. LOL JC Penny is where I buy the girls black low tops. Journey's for Kids is another good place to buy this seasons colors.

Not sure about sizing for you, but JCPenney used to carry the Chucks and they were a pretty good price too. I know Target is carrying them in the bigger girls sizes maybe check online to see if they have them in baby sizes too.

Thanks! I took my daughter to famous footwear last night. They had a pair of black hi top, so we tried them on. The smallest size they had was a 4. It fits okay - just a little big, but I went ahead and got them so she can grow into them (they are having the buy one get one half off sale). But I really want to get her a red pair for the fourth (likely have to order them) and I can't decide if I want to get the 3 for a bit better fit, or the four so they last longer. She just started walking Tuesday (soooo exciting!!), so she isn't really walking everywhere yet. For the fourth the shoes would really be more like an accessory!

Thanks for the help!! I plan on looking at those stores - and I am really glad I tried them on!

Jessica

2 little cute dresses finished today :)
IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8819.jpg

Lori

Cute, love that dalmatian fabric!

Thank you all for the links and your insight. We just got back from WDW and I have some pics of the clothes I did for my kids.

I bought this dress from Target and added the applique.

CIMG4805.jpg

Epirate.jpg

Gpirate.jpg

DS's Yoda is an iron on patch, but a girl told him she thought it was a cool shirt and asked him where he got it. She couldn't tell it was an iron on patch.
sww1.jpg

I thought the 7 dwarfs would have looked better on the purple, but I didn't have enough fabric.

epose.jpg

back.jpg

I am making another disser 3 applique Mickey shirts for her kids. It's a surprise, though. I am going to send them to her next week.

Everything looks nice and very well put together!

I'm loving all the Sleeping Beauty sets!! Here's mine using a pillowcase for the top. It doesn't have the collar, but the skirt has the pepulum.

IMG_1351.jpg
IMG_1348.jpg

Here's a picture of a stripwork and a simple skirt too. Don't know what your fabrics are, but the second skirt might work and it is super easy to make.

IMG_3517.jpg
IMG_4079.jpg

LOL! Hi! :flower3: That's me! I posted a link for my blog and the stripwork skirt tute.

Stunning!! Btw, I love your tutorial so much! I've used it twice now and both skirts turned out lovely. :thumbsup2

Opinions please!!!

I made a skirt last year and loved how it came out. Not long after I tried a second with different fabric and it still sits unfinished because I wasn't happy with how it was looking. Since then I haven't tried again so I decided to try to see if I could. I'm just not sure about it. In some ways, I like it but it's just not quite what I was hoping for. Here's the first one I made:

tink_frills1.jpg

Here's the newest (shown over a pettiskirt):

pink_frills2.jpg

The first skirt was a smaller size than the latest so I'm thinking the difference in length is what I'm reacting too. I also think maybe the pinks of the fabrics I used are too much the same tone so there's not enough contrast for visual interest.

I'd love your honest critique of this skirt and any ideas for what I might do to improve on it.

THANKS! :grouphug:

WOW, not sure why you can't see that it's perfect!!! I wouldn't change a thing!

Sorry to hear about everything going on in your life... when it rains it pours. Get sewing is my best advice! Here is what I recently did w/ Flounder and Sebastian (Carla's Easy Fit Pants):

IMG_6965.jpg

Here is the top (combo Simply Sweet Halter & stripwork):

IMG_6963.jpg
LOVE this!

This is the dress I made for my neice, Simple Sweet by Carla'c- Halter style

I originally planned this to be thigh length and I was gong to pair it with the MM red polka dot capris, but despite using her Mom's measurements it came out fitting more like a dress- so its a good thing I didnt have time to make the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter