Disabled Parking Tag

We will need 2 disabled parking tags. We will need one for our vehicle that we are leaving at our home airport and one for the rental car. Will a photocopy of the tag work? Do you think if we contact the DMV will the issue a second parking tag?

I do not have a handicap tag of any kind ;however, due to knee issues I rent a scooter when going to WDW because I am not ready to give up theme parks and roller coasters (especially WDW). Obviously I cannot board a tram with the scooter, so when I get to the parking area I explain the problem to the CM and they direct me to the overflow HCP area that does not need the tag.

I do not have a handicap tag of any kind ;however, due to knee issues I rent a scooter when going to WDW because I am not ready to give up theme parks and roller coasters (especially WDW). Obviously I cannot board a tram with the scooter, so when I get to the parking area I explain the problem to the CM and they direct me to the overflow HCP area that does not need the tag.
This is what my friend does she has an ECV but not a handicap tag.

Contact you DMV. When we got them for our youngest, we filled out the form indicating we needed two tags (one for myself and one for my husband).

A photocopy won't work.

In California, you can have the plates and a placard because they know you will probably end up traveling with other people at some point in time, so I would check if this is an option in your state.

If you are handicapped and also a member of AAA, the AAA diamond parking is usually right next to the handicap spots.

Disney and AAA ended their relationship several years ago. No more Diamond parking

Oops, sorry everyone. I've been using handicapped since 2012 and didn't realize the Diamond parking had gone the way of the Dodo bird. I assume the old AAA parking is now just extra handicapped spaces?

We will need 2 disabled parking tags. We will need one for our vehicle that we are leaving at our home airport and one for the rental car. Will a photocopy of the tag work? Do you think if we contact the DMV will the issue a second parking tag?
I have a friend who was able to get a second temp tag which was good a couple of months that covered her trip

I have a handicap placard in Pennsylvania that needs to be renewed every 5 years I believe but you can have a plate and the placard here also. We just always use a parking company like park n fly or check Groupon for your airport similar and take my handicap placard with us.

Sometimes we don't decide to get a rental car till part way of our trip and I get fed up with busses because I don't look disabled and I'm 34 but after a day of walking with my back and nerve damage I cant always stand for the bus ride and there are no seats but noone willing to give up to 34 year old that's limping. In a few years I will need an ecv and just plan to get rental car full time bc it is so hard to use buses with 1 of those. So I always bring the placard. I suggest using car parking service to elimate the need of 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter