DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in on the challenge. I started the Atkins induction on Monday, 5/12/03. No real problems yet, although I almost feel guilty eating eggs and bacon every day.

This morning I made the sausage/egg/cheese muffins from the recipe thread. These are great!

Tonight I experimented with Jicama and made a few fries and a few crisps. Good flavor. Tomorrow I will try it cold as a crunchy snack in the afternoon.

So far, I am running about 12 carbs each day. No real cravings to speak of. I was getting tired on Monday and Tuesday, but saved a caffenated tea for the afternoon which helped. Drinking at least 10 bottles of water every day.

Buz

I'm in! I'm in!!

I have been doing weight watchers on and off for 3 years now. I have lost 70lbs but put 25 back on reacently. I re-joined WW's 9 weeks ago...had a Universal vaction 2 weeks ago, and getting self back on track AGAIN! I'm ready to reach goal this time around!!

I love quotes too..here are some of my fav...

"Success in not a doorway, it's a staircase"

"The way I see it ~ if you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain" Dolly Parton

"Let the past be a springboard not a hammock"

All right, I have approx. four months until the big DW. Would love to go looking and feeling good! Saw some of our pics from former trips this week. I will Adkins it. My DH kicks butt when he goes on it. I am a little slower at losing when on it. Can't wait to check out the recipes! I have a lot to lose and would love to have some support from others who understand the Disney trip connection! Also plan on using treadmill starting today with just 5 mins. Am having leg cramps currently due to thyroid probs but hope I can work through them. Am feeling fearful of making the committment...again!
Michelle

I'm taking the challange too!

I started a low glycemic diet Monday. Besides losing weight, following a Low-GI diet is supposed to help control blood sugar and reduce risk of heart disease. My parents suffered from both these things. I'm hoping to avoid following in their foot steps!

:earsboy:

I'm excited that I've found this site..I started a diet the end of October and have lost 61 lbs. so far,,,have been having trouble staying motivated lately, I think this will help tremendously..I'm hoping to lose another 20-40.

I'm dieting my own way, smaller portions, and no eating at all after dinner.

It makes me so happy to see some new WISHers here :) WISH is the most <b>magical</b> place on the DIS and now all of you will be part of the magic. That is just so great!

<b>MontyMontyMOnty</b> I follow Atkins too, lots of WISHers follow the Atkins nutritional plan and we love it. There is even a thread stuck to the top of this page full of yummy controlled carbohydrate recipes :)

Good for you for taking control while you have 10 pounds to lose. I wish that I had been as wise as you are, I would never have gained so much weight. Good for you. You have a great attitude and I can tell you are determined. You are going to be a great example for me to follow.

<b>jerbear</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH, I'm so glad that you found us and thrilled that you are going to be part of my support group, now.

We have a lot of WISHers who follow the WW plan and just love it. There is a thread stuck to the top of this page just packed with yummy WW recipes. Just ask any question about the program you may have, here, and you will receive quick answers and advice.

Sorry to hear that you have to undergo surgery in June. I hope it all goes well. I imagine you will be able to lose quite a bit in the next month. I'm sure of it....we are going to help you. I hope you can visit WISH often.

<b>Buz</b> I’m so glad that you took the challenge now, before your first weigh in because you get to trade up to new clipart soon. The clipart is fun way to chart your progress on the road to goal. I imagine you will be trading up to 5 or 10 pound loss clippies very soon.

There are lots of us following the Atkins nutritional plan so you have a ready made Atkins support group here. I’m glad to see that you have already been making use of our low carbohydrate recipes. That jicama sounds yummy, I’ll have to try it.

Good for you, drinking lots of water, it helps get rid of those last vestiges of refined carbohydrates in your system and keeps you from becoming dehydrated. I think you are going to like it here, on WISH, I know you are very busy but I hope you can drop by often.

<b>flbeachbum</b> Hello again, I’m glad you have taken the challenge and really glad to know that you will be part of my support group, now.

You will find lots of help from our many WW WISHers here and advice, if you need it. Sounds like you are determined and ready to reach your goal. That is excellent. I have no doubt that you are going to succeed. Hey! You’re a WISHer now and that’s what we do here, we <b>succeed</b>. I hope you can visit WISH everyday to help me stay motivated :)

<b>meandtheguys</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special heartfelt welcome to WISH. I’m very glad that you found us. I think you are going to be glad that you found us, too. WISH is a very helpful and motivating place and has helped me so much, I know you are going to find just as much help and support here as I have found.

Don’t be afraid to make the committment to getting healthy again, my new found friend. You are going to do just fine, honest. We’re going to help you, you just wait and see.

You must believe in yourself to succeed, though. Do you believe in yourself? I sure hope so, because <i>I</i> believe in you and I just met you. I’m pretty smart about these things, take my word for it, you should believe in yourself because you have what it takes to do this. You <b>can do this</b>.

I follow the Atkins plan too and so do many other WISHers. We’re here to offer you advice, support any help you need. All we ask in return is that <i>you</i> help <i>us</i> when we need help. Is that a deal?

You are on your way to goal, now. You are going to have a ball getting there, too :)

<b>Mattsmom</b> How great! We have a husband and wife team on WISH now. You are Mrs. Buz, right? Or is he Mr. Mattsmom? LOL, I’m just glad to see you here. I can use you in my support group :)

My husband controls his blood sugar and lipids by following the Atkins plan. Works very well for him. I hope you get some great blood sugar control from the low glycemic diet, too.

We have every possible type of eating plan here on WISH and we all help each other stay focused and motivated. I’m glad you are going to be here joining in too.

<b>MICKEY88</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special extra happy welcome to WISH. WISH is a wonderful place, very positive and helpful to me. I’m sure it will help you too.

You sound determined and you have a plan in place, that’s an excellent sign. You are going to do great and reach your goal easily, I’m sure. Just visit WISH often, okay? No fair lurking, either, it helps all of us when everyone participates on WISH, you’ll see :)

<i>I’m just tickled to see more new faces here! More new additions to my support group, that makes me smile :)

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you haven’t done that already. The WISH clipart is exempt from the DIS clipart restrictions and it’s fun charting your progress using these little clippies. What we do is start with a zero loss when we take the challenge–no matter how much weight we may have lost before finding WISH. Then each time we lose 5 pounds we get to “trade up” to a new clipart. When you hit 30 pounds you get one of those pretty gold ones. I’m going to have me one of those someday, I know I am, because all of you are going to help me do that :teeth:
If you would like to add the WISH clipart to your signature there is a wonderful post by Wovenwonder telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>. If you need help just call on one of the moderators or ask for help on the technical support board–they are very helpful.

Is everyone ready to get started? Ready to hit the road to goal? I sure hope you are all ready to <b>succeed</b> because, this is WISH and you are all WISHers now. Haven’t you heard? That’s what we do here, we <b>succeed</b>! You’re going to succeed too....we are all going to help you.

No lurking now. It helps us all for everyone to participate on WISH. Don’t be shy, just jump right in and post. I’m counting on your support, you know.</i>

Katholyn

Ok, I'm in!

I have been back to the board for a couple of weeks now and noticed the Wish thing, but I was kind of afraid to join in. I've read a bunch of the posts and decided that I will give it a try! I started Atkins on 5/8/03 so far, in one week, I have lost 4 lbs. I haven't been doing any real excercising, however I am a server and I run around for about 6-8 hours a night in the hot FL heat, so that counts for something. When I do excercise, I do Pilates and Yoga. I try to do them every other day, I also swim when I get the chance.

I want to get down to my drivers license weight, so I am trying to lose 43lbs. :)

I haven't read all the posts on here, do we just post when we have reached the milestone marks??

Jocelyn

I've lost a LOT of weight...the same 10 pounds over and over and over again! I'd really like to get back to the weight I had before my last child was born - about 135 pounds. (I'm not telling where I am now!) So - tomorrow I'm starting the Atkins Induction Diet. :)

I've been kind of sporadic in my exercising, but my goal is to work out with light weights at least 6 days a week (alternating upper and lower body) and 30 minutes per day on the Nordic Track or exercise bike.

I'm in!!! I just got back from a 12 day vist to Disney and am back on Weight Watchers. I think I did ok while we were gone, and the walking sure helped!! I have lost 15 pounds so far on WW and have LOTS to go!!!

OK, I'm in - sheepishly. I have really never had to watch my weight but apparently it's payback time. I have gained twenty pounds in the last two years!! All of those people who said "wait until you turn 35" are certainly smiling now! :mad:

We are off to WDW for the first time in October and I want to get back to my "fighting weight" of 125.

My major weaknesses are sweets, carbs, and vino.

What is my plan? Yikes. Since I don't really exercise, I plan to start there. Fifteen minutes a day on the stationary bike - cut out bread, cut back on the sweets, and limit myself to one glass of wine a day (usually have two).

I'm posting here in the hopes that I will be held accountable!

Audrey

Hi, just joined today and was told I needed to "sign in here". I plan on tryin to lose as much weight as I can by my trip to Disney in December. I have my own little eating plan I follow and I do the "stationary bike". I've lost 50# and kept it off for about 5 years, but need to get going again. I hope this adds to my plan.

Ok - I'm in too!

I would love to join your WISH challenge! I have been lurking on this board for a few days now and am so very impressed with how wonderful all of you are! You guys are all so very supportive of each other. I would love to join in.

I started on the Atkins diet 2 days ago, so I am just starting. I have only lost one pound so far, so basically I am just at the beginning of my journey. :o

I would like to lose 45 (maybe 50) pounds and exercise 3 - 4 times a week. I love to walk so that is where I am starting. Now I am lucky if it is once per week so I have a ways to go on that.

Thanks for letting me join in.

Deb

This thread is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

I've started the Slimfast diet a week ago. I'm insulin resistant so that kinda complicates things. (So I'm getting lots of input from my endocrinologist) My husband (bless him) is acting as my personal trainer. I hope to be around 30 to 40 lbs lighter by the end of the year. But I'll be happy just to lose what I can!! It may take LOTS of pixie dust though.... :rolleyes:

But it's nice to be able to share the journey with my fellow WDW fans :D [and a long journey it shall be.....]

<b>phlufster</b> It’s great to see you here. I’m sorry to hear that you were afraid to post here. We don’t bite or anything (we may be hungry but we are not <i>that</i> hungry ;) )

A lot of us WISHers follow the Atkins nutritional plan, some WISHers have been controlling their carbohydrate intake for a long time, like DixieDreamer and glo. Others, like me, have been eating that way for a few months. We also have some brand new Atkins devotees here so if you have any questions about the plan, all you have to do is ask and you will receive a speedy reply.

I’m glad you will be part of my support group now. The WISH support group is the best part of WISH, you’re going to love it here.

<b>NancyIL</b> How great to see you here, sweetie. I’m so glad you are joining us.

I love the Atkins plan, there is a long post somewhere around here about how much Atkins has improved Wilgus’s health. It has been amazing. I started off with more than 100 pounds to lose and now I have about 61 pounds to go. You are going to find all different kinds of eating plans here and all of us have different goals. Some of us have 10 or less pounds to lose and then there’s me :)

Sounds like you have a plan in place, a work out schedule and you are determined. That is an excellent sign. You are going to do great with this project, I’m sure of it...we are going to help you.

<b>mrsdopey13</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I’m really glad that you found your way here to my support group :)

We have a lot of WISHers who follow the WW program and they love it. If you have any questions about points or anything about the program, all you have to do is ask, the experts will give you a speedy reply.

Do you have a workout plan in mind? That’s a good thing to consider, it will definitely help you reach your goal more quickly.

I think you’re going to like it here, lots of caring support is all around you, here on WISH, we are always ready to offer a helping hand.

<b>audflash</b> Okay, 86 that sheepish stuff. Sheepish isn’t allowed on WISH, I’m sure it’s somewhere in the by-laws, honest. No one needs to feel sheepish here because we all have the same goal--getting healthier, and if that includes losing weight and getting smaller that’s good too. Part of the magic of WISH is that every single WISHer knows exactly how you feel about this weight loss project. It is so helpful to have understanding people around you when you are working at losing weight.

The great thing about WISH is that no one here will judge you or ridicule you, they will only <i>help</i> you and all we ask in return is for <i>you</i> to help <i>us</i>. Does that sound like a good deal?

Good luck with increasing your exercise and making better choices, you’re going to do great, I’m sure of it.

<b>Eeyore2003</b> I can see that you are already an expert at this losing weight and keeping it off stuff. How great. What a wonderful accomplishment to lose 50 pounds and keep it off for five years. However much you may want to lose now should be cinchie for you :)

I’m glad that you will be part of my support group, now. You are already on your way to goal and you are going to be successful :)

<b>DVC Daisy</b> I’m so glad you decided to join us, Deb. Isn’t my support group just the greatest, most helpful group of people you’ve ever seen? I just love WISH, it has just helped keep me motivated and determined. Now you will be part of my support group, too. I think that is great :)

I follow the Atkins plan too and so do many other WISHers, we love it. I hope you have wonderful success with it too.

<b>bpr2002</b> I’m tickled to see you here on WISH. My husband is insulin resistant type II diabetic and has had wonderful success controlling his blood sugars by following the Atkins plan.

We have several WISHers who follow the Slim Fast plan and have had good success with it, too. If you have any questions about that plan just ask, I’m sure they will be there to answer.

I’m glad you are part of my support group, sweetie. That’s the best part of WISH, the wonderful group of kind, thoughtful and caring people who are always there for all of us. Happy, sad, angry? Losing, not losing? Doesn’t matter, just post about your feelings here and you will witness the power of WISH, where everyone is important and everyone is part of the family.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signatures if you want, there is a great post telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>.

When you take the WISH challenge you start with a zero loss, no matter how much you may have lost before taking the challenge. Then every time you lose five pounds you earn a new clipart. It’s fun to watch everyone’s cliparts change :)</i>

So, is everyone motivated and determined? Everyone have their goal in sight? What am I saying, <b>of course</b> you are motivated and determined, you wouldn’t be here with us on WISH if you weren’t.

Okay, can you see your goal? It’s not nearly as far away as you think it is right now. You are going to reach your goal, I promise, and you are going to have fun doing that. We are all going to help you.

Get ready to be <b>successful</b> because <i>you</i> my new friends, are on your way to goal.

Katholyn

Hi Guy's I also need lose weight:( I have been thinking about the Atkin's diet? Not sure, I am ashamed to say I have a lot to lose :( We are not going to WDW until the end of october thou, so I feel if I buckle down I can accomplish something!!I will also be getting lots of good activity soon because I am starting up my Horse business again, I have been out of it for about 3 1/2 years now due to a very happy ( but weight gaining) pregnancy!! :D I am going to need all the help I can get!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Cant wait to go to WDW and I wanna look good when I get there!!:p

You guys have room for another WISHer? :)

For health reasons I really need to get serious about losing this weight. I know I will feel so much better physically when it's gone. Right now I have about 80-100lbs. to lose.

I'm not following any diet but I will be more consistent in making sure that my meals are balanced and healthy.

I've been really lax in my exercising over the last few months but now it's time to get back to it and stay with it. I'll be doing the treadmill and strength training for an hour a day, 4-5 days a week.

Well, I guess that's all about me for now. Time to go get my clippie! I'm already looking forward to changing it for a 5lb. loss one! :)

Hey love to see new faces on WISH and just wanted to say welcome and will look forward to your posts. Success to all - there are some really great losers hanging around this board. Seems like some can just ask the weight to leave and it falls off them - sorry to say that's not me - so you'll see me around for support that I need to make this journey, so for me it's

onward and downward.............

Glad you're going to be healthier, too :D :D

<b>Banshee</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special happy welcome to WISH. I’m really glad that you found us and thrilled that you are going to be part of my support group.

I follow the Atkins nutritional plan and so do many other WISHers. If you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask and you will receive a speedy reply.

I hate to see those sad smilies, don’t be sad. You should be glad! You have made a decision to become more healthy, you have a plan in place, you have a goal and you have WISH. I think you have a lot to smile about now. You are going to do very well with this endeavor. You are going to become smaller, honest...we’re going to help you :)

The best part of WISH is our support group, which is composed of some very thoughtful, funny, caring and intelligent people. They are always ready to help you along by providing information, support or a smile. All they ask in return is that <i>you</i> help <i>them</i>. Doesn’t that sound fair? I love WISH because of the wonderful support group here, they have helped me be successful and they will help you too. I’m glad you are a WISHer now. I hope you can visit us often.

<b>Princess Michelle</b> We <i>always</i> have room for another WISHer, Michelle, especially one as pretty and friendly as you are. I’m very glad that you decided to join us.

My husband has had some serious health issues that were corrected by following the Atkins nutritional plan, I’m sure you will have wonderful results eating more healthy foods and working out regularly.

I had at least 100 pounds to lose when I began in January, by the time I took the WISH challenge I had 80 pounds to lose, now I have 60. There are several of us who need or needed to lose 100 pounds. You don’t need to feel like that is an outlandish goal because it isn’t. I imagine it may seem a little far away right now, but you will reach it. I promise. We are all going to help you.

Welcome to my support group. The best bunch of <i>losers</i> you could ever hope to meet.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart, if you choose. There is a very helpful post written by Wovenwonder, telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>.

What we do is start with a zero loss when we take the challenge, no matter how much weight you may have lost before coming to WISH. Then every time you lose 5 pounds you can “trade up” to a new clipart, if you want. It’s really a lot of fun, rather motivating :) Once you lose 30 pounds the clipart is gold and when you lose 50 pounds it is silver. I’m planning on getting me one of those gold ones by the end of the summer. I’m counting on y’all to help me do that, too :)</i>

I see that both of you are determined and motivated. All that is left is to get started, so are you ready? Well, get going then. Get ready to be <b>successful</b> because that seems to be what we do here on WISH. We <b>succeed</b>, you will too. You <i>are</i> WISHers now, after all :)

Katholyn

Any info on the Atkins diet would be appreciated! I am not completly familiar with it.

Okay, I'm in. I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I'm not sure exactly because I haven't weighed lately, so I am not sure how much I actually weigh. I do know that I can no longer wear some of my "fat clothes". My eye-opening moment came this am. Several weeks ago, I had attended my college reunion, where I saw a woman I graduated with who had gained quite a bit since graduation. I was telling my mother how out of proportion she was with her weight gain, etc. (you know the drill--she was SO pretty in college, can't believe she let herself go, yadda,yadda) Imagine my surprise when I opened my pictures from reunion this morning, and I am every bit as big and out of proportion as she is. We posed side by side. So, DH and I decided it is time to do something about our weight gain, so we're starting Atkins together. I've done the grocery shopping, we're having 2 days of "carbohydrate binges" then Monday we start. I also intend to start walking, again, and to actually USE my Curves membership. Looking forward to hearing everyone elses progress, as well as posting my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter