DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John In Illinois

118 heat index here........
Kelsie,

I accept your challenge, and I look forward to having the encouragement of others here to help motivate me.

I am considering using the Atkins Diet, but need to give some thought to giving up my beloved ketchup.......LOL

Oh well, if I don't make sacrifices, is it really a challenge?

I have never publicly acknowledged my desires to lose weight before, and I hope this is somewhat of an incentive to literally "get off my fat behind", and accomplish it!!

:p

OK, I'll bite. Just one question. Do we have to give the clip art back if we regain any of our weight? {giggle} Just kidding!! I plan to keep on keeping on, even if "I'm not really dieting." That's what I tell myself to keep from feeling deprived -- I'm not dieting. And, I'm really not on a specific diet.

I just decided, one day, to quit eating potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, sugar, and other thngs made with flour. It turns out, as I've done more reading, I've also quit eating corn, carrots, yes, John, ketchup, and other things I've learned are high in carbs. But, this isn't a diet. Somehow, I've had a life change!

It's been four weeks, now, and I feel wonderful!! I can feel the pounds just melting away.

Good luck to you, John, Kelsie, and anyone else checking in. I'm right here with you!

Pat

309 days and counting . . . again

OK, I'm in too. I'm dreading walking the parks looking like I do, so let's do it!

I'm going to start WW tomorrow and come hell or highwater, I'm getting my butt to the gym tomorrow (if I remember how to find it-the gym, not my butt!)

Think thin.....

Lisa in NY

Lisa,

I too decided to head to the gym.............and some SADISTIC marketing genius built a Krispy Kreme shop between my office and the gym!!!

Does lifting weights really count if you just do it 3 ounces of pastry at a time??

;)

Just kidding.....if I lose my sense of humor.....I would lose NO weight!!!

Okay, I'm in. I'm doing Atkins along with my husband, too bad we don't get retroactive credit for weight loss ;)

I walk a mile twice a day and use my elliptical trainer about 10 minutes a day, I'm working my way up to more (I started with 5 min a day, it's harder than it looks). I will do weight training as soon as my mother is well enough to be left alone for a couple of hours at a time.

I hope the clipart is small enough so that I can add it to my siggie without having to give up Miss Daisy :teeth:

Is this our surprise that we've been waiting for?

I'm in too! I am on WW and am working out! Started on Jan 7 and am focused!

Great idea!!!!!!!!

Kamy

I just decided yesterday to join the new Weight Watchers group forming at my nail salon. They're doing the program where a WW person goes to your place of employment. I don't work at the nail salon, but they've invited some of their clients, in order to meet the minimum number of people needed. It starts next week and I'm really excited and looking forward to this :)

So, I am formally joining in the DIS WISH Challenge, too!! :teeth:

Native,

I tried using an elliptical trainer once........ONCE!............it made me look even more uncoordinated than I naturally am!!

It is a tribute to anyone to be able to use them!

Good luck to you!

:D

Great to see everyone here :) And yes Kath, this is it. :)

I think if you join the DIS WISH Challenge and don't lose anything I may make a HUGE clipart that tells everyone what you gained ;) JUST JOKING!

Welcome everyone and I hope to see less ( :teeth: ) of you in the coming months!

Great Idea Kelsie -- Way to go!

I am in! BUT, it will take me awhile to earn that first clippie. I was down to 215 but I've gained a bit since the holidays and as of this morning I am UP to 222 (UGH). I know that I could ask for a clippie when I lose 5 of the current pounds BUT I won't!!!! I refuse to count losing the weight that I've gained back by screwing up. So, for me -- I'll have to 'weight' quite awhile -- until I am down to 210 for my first clippie :( BUT -- I know that I can do it --- and I really think that this challenge is going to help me to do it quicker --- THANKS!

I am doing low carb --- I guess very similar to Atkins. I'm planning to purchase the new Atkins book soon as some more inspiration and I'd also like to purchase Suzanne Sommers new book.

NO Excersize YET ---- but I know it will help to get it off quicker so that treadmill is FINALLY going to come out again!

Yoo Hooooooooo!

Kelsie -- can we get a clippie of some sort to show that we are part of this challenge? Then add our 5 pound clippies as we get to those milestones?

:-)D

Count me in! I just started WW today, got my grocery list to go to the store with tonight, and I am determined to lose the extra weight by summer. :) I exercise pretty regularly, mostly walking or running on the treadmill in the winter, but come springtime my exercise of choice is rollerblading. The trouble is I have always had a HUGE weakness for sweets, and I really am trying to cut way down on my intake. :)

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see the clipart surprise!

Snoopy - I am the same with sweets!!! OMG!!! :)

There are some great sweet snacks you can eat on WW...even ice cream! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!

There are new 98%Fat Free Klondike Bars....only 2pts each
Starbucks Mocha Fudge Bars Low Fat ....only 2 pts each
and WW has their own desserts in the freezer section, but I find them to be more points than those above.

Not sure if you have those where you live. Also, Entennmans Fat Free Loaf Pound Cake and Raspberry Twist Danish Fat Free are both only 2pts a serving! :)
Hey, I am a sugar lover! LOL!!!!!

Good luck with WW and let me know if I can help! Happy Shopping!

Kamy

I take your challange, too!! I've been trying to motivate myself to loose some by our June 2003 trip for my son's bday. Since it will be sooo hot then, i want to shed some pounds so I don't look HORRIBLE in cooler clothes!! Might not make it by then, but at least losing a little by then will be helpful. My BIG reason to loose it is for my May 2004 Wonder Cruise!!!!! PLEASE help keep my motivatied!!!!!:teeth: GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

kamgen, I have been looking through the WW "Complete Foods" companion and am just amazed at all the good stuff I can still eat!

I hadn't even thought about Entennmans in years. They make the best stuff! Gonna check out their fat free stuff tonight, thanks for the suggestion!

I forgot to mention my PLAN!! I will follow the WW plan on my own at home. At this time I do not have enough $$ to spend on the program. I was a member last year and still have the points books and caclulater. So I will try to follow that. Less chips and more fruit and veggies. I will also be walking more, on my treadmill, since my son can not be left at home alone and he NEVER wants to go out when I have the time to walk out doors!! hehe.

kelsie, count me in! I'd like to lose 15 pounds before we go to WDW in June, and I need all the incentive and help I can get! I'm a former WW member, so I'll follow WW rules even tho I can't afford to attend meetings right now.

Me Too, I need to lose about 15 and I'd be okay with that. Not skinny just okay. Goal time: June 26, 2003 for WDW and Magic Eastern.

Please count me in too. I am joing WW so I will follow that program. This is a great idea. Any extra motivation helps. Good luck to everyone!

Where do I sign up?

Im allready down about 7 pounds Im working out at least 3 days a week for an hour. I jog in the pool at the Y they said the stats are in you jog on land for an hour you will burn 240 calories if you jog in the pool for an hour you will burn 340 calories!!

It really works :)

I'm in. I'm on week 2 of my diet. I've cut out the pop, cut down my portions, cut out late-night snacks, and am trying to watch my carbs. I also started walking on the treadmill. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter