DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

HKDL Dim Sum update:

This is my list so far. If I missed your name or you would like to join, please let me know ASAP.

Kevin & Kate
Chandra
Rob
Brian & Lauri
Chuck, Chris & Amy
Michael & Cynthia
John & Micki
Ian & Diane
Michael

Our reservation is Sept 16th at 1:30pm. This is Day 3: Keys to the Magic. We have a Walk with an Imagineer in the morning followed by lunch, afternoon and dinner on our own.

I'm asking my contact at the restaurant for dim sum recommendations or to help set up a menu for us. I thought it was a pre-set menu, but apparently you specifically order a la carte ahead of time. I'll work on the menu, but here's a copy in case anyone has requests.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 7.09.45 AM.png

Hello Everyone,

While I'm not traveling with you all, I am here to answer questions. I'm an American living in China for nearly four years. I've also visited all the Asian parks.

So if you have any questions about Asia, China, or Asian parks, reply and let 'em rip!

Hi future84 and thanks for the offer of help.

Similar to earlier postings, what would be the best method of getting to the Capital M restaurant from the Rosewood hotel in Beijing?
In the Disney parks in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai do they ship to the UK/US like they do in WDW?

Thanks again

Ian&Diane

Hello DIS Adventurers!

I have been chatting with our guide, Christian. He is in China for all of September leading two tours. He is happy to answer our questions, and is going to try to join our Skype call on Sunday. This is what he wrote:

I would like to know if there are any specific questions and/ apprehensions from the group. So that at least we can prepare you as much as we can for the trip ahead. The best thing about your itinerary is that you can enjoy more time in the disney parks and will not have to fly every two days. Tell everyone to just prepare for extensive walking on the day we go to Forbidden city and also that we will be hiking up for some part going up the great wall. It is like hiking up on treadmill with incline 10. It is not a long hike but we will for sure conquer it all together. I was kind of reading the thread and you all seemed very prepared so please we would love to answer random questions. I have guided this tour in different weathers and conditions for the past 4 consecutive years. I am excited to guide for the Disboards group again. Your group will always have a special place in my heart because you were the very first group I have guided for in 2011.

As a reminder, our next Skype call is Sunday, September 10, at 12 noon (Pacific Time). This is an opportunity to get to know each other, talk about the trip, make plans, share tips, etc. Future84, you are welcome to join us. My Skype account is mouseketeer.michael (Michael Bowling). Before I can add you into the group call, you must send me a request asking me to accept you on Skype so you are entered in my Contacts list.

I am looking forward to our chat on Sunday!

HKDL Dim Sum update:

This is my list so far. If I missed your name or you would like to join, please let me know ASAP.

Kevin & Kate
Chandra
Rob
Brian & Lauri
Chuck, Chris & Amy
Michael & Cynthia
John & Micki
Ian & Diane
Michael

Our reservation is Sept 16th at 1:30pm. This is Day 3: Keys to the Magic. We have a Walk with an Imagineer in the morning followed by lunch, afternoon and dinner on our own.

I'm asking my contact at the restaurant for dim sum recommendations or to help set up a menu for us. I thought it was a pre-set menu, but apparently you specifically order a la carte ahead of time. I'll work on the menu, but here's a copy in case anyone has requests.

View attachment 268000

FYI - when looking at the prices remember that as of today $100 Hong Kong dollars converts to $12.80 American dollars. Enjoy yourselves.

HKDL Dim Sum update:

These look so fun! I haven't tried anything like this before so I am up for trying any of them. I just want to see the cuteness!

Laurie

I am going to try my best to join tomorrow's chat but it will depend on where Irma is and whether or not we'll have power/Internet. Irma is supposed to get here late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Sally and I are in Pinellas County, on the west coast of Florida about 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

map.gif

I am going to try my best to join tomorrow's chat but it will depend on where Irma is and whether or not we'll have power/Internet. Irma is supposed to get here late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Sally and I are in Pinellas County, on the west coast of Florida about 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

View attachment 268273

Everyone in the path of this storm is in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you are safe and can join us!

View attachment 268273
Praying for all our Florida friends, micki and john

Dim Sum update:

Please let me know what you think of the menu below or if there are food allergies to consider. Please note, I can't pass along any allergies to the restaurant (I wouldn't trust the information to be acknowledged from email). However, if most people can't have or don't want shrimp dumplings or glutinous pancakes, I'll adjust the order numbers).

There is a fixed menu option starting at $50, but I felt it was too much food and a lot of non dim sum filler like soup.

The youtube reviews were mostly chosen a la carte. So, I decided to do the same to get a similar experience. The favorites seem to be the Little Green Men (Pork & Vegetables) and 3 Little Pigs (BBQ Pork Bun), but I chose a bit of everything. When you add all the dim sum portions, here it is per person:

3 Little Pigs (BBQ Pork Buns) - 2 per person
Little Green Men (Vegetable & Pork) - 2 per person
Jack Skellington (Shrimp) - 1 per person
Baymax (chicken) - 1 per person
Olaf (red bean) - 1 per person
Mickey’s seafood glutinous pancake - 1 per person
ShellieMay & Duffy (dessert) - 1 per person (either ShellieMay OR Duffy)

Price is approximately $37 pp before drinks, gratuity, tax? (not sure if tax is added. I don't think so. And not sure what an appropriate gratuity is in China).

@macman752 - I'll add y'all to the list!

Hi Kevin

We're happy with this menu, thanks. Could we have one ShellyMay and one Duffy, please.

Many thanks

Ian & Diane

Hi Kevin

We're happy with this menu, thanks. Could we have one ShellyMay and one Duffy, please.

Many thanks

Ian & Diane

Sure, I can double the order of Duffy & Shellie May so everyone gets one of each. They're both sweet. I think Shellie May is green tea. Not sure about Duffy. And they're both very cute.

@Merry Mousketeer - sorry I can't do the chat today. I have to run an errand in few minutes.

We had another fun call sharing our knowledge and questions about the trip. Our next Skype call is scheduled for Sunday, September 24 at 12 noon (PDT). I hope to see you there!

Hi
Further to our conversation in the Skype call , thanks Michael for settling it up.
Below is the response I received when querying taking insulin into Japan and the website that covers medicine going into the country.

Hope it helps.

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/health-medical/pharmaceuticals/dl/qa1.pdf

We've received your email and found out your medicines.

If you bring your medicines less than 1month supplies, you don't need to apply for a permit “Yakkan shoumei”.

But if you bring your medicines more than 1month supplies, you need to apply for a permit.

(In your case, you mentioned that you will bring your medicines for 10days supplies,

so you don’t need to apply for Yakkan shoumei.)

Per the Skype call I asked about the Shanghai Club 33 dress code and was told it's the same as the Disneyland one which is as follows...

Dress Code: After 5:00pm, gentlemen are required to wear collared shirts, trousers and closed-toe
shoes including sneakers, deck shoes, loafers or dress shoes. Ladies are required to wear an informal dress or
pants with blouse and appropriate footwear, including open-toe sandals, but no beach or workout footwear.
Shoes are required to be worn. Shorts or hooded sweatshirts are not permitted, but fashionably worn jeans are
acceptable provided they are not torn. All children, especially those ten (10) years and older, must be dressed in
the same manner as adults. Out of courtesy, we ask all gentlemen to remove their hats upon entry to Club 33
restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter