DIS DLP meet???

I was thinking possibly of a weekend (probably Sunday for Steve) in September as people will probably be back from their hols by then and we don't want to leave it too long.

As for location - I feel cheeky suggesting Nottingham since it's so convenient for us but it seems most people are happy to have a Midlands meet and it seems to make sense to hold it in a city where one/some of us live. Then of course I would be happy to organise it. If it's easier to meet somewhere else that's fine too, I know others have further to travel.

Just checked the Arsenal fixtures - Jason is a season ticket holder and there are no games on a Sunday in September. Only thing we may have come up is Amber's best friend's birthday party - not sure when in September it is. They're on holiday at the moment so can't check.

So, as it stands any Sunday in Sept is ok for us. Where are you planning on going and are there any other children going apart from mine?

That's a good point Joanne - what would we do?? I expect a meal would feature? Has anybody who's been to a DIS meet before got any suggestions?? I know Karen has been to the South West meets so maybe she can help. Or any other suggestions anyone has.

I know there was a DIS meet recently (in Nottingham as it happens) and they had a meal and a quiz in the castle grounds, if that helps.

Becky if you can come, would you bring the kiddies? Joanne yours are more than welcome anyway! Maybe we could get some more people on board who have kids!

Put me and DW down as interested parties too. The Midlands wouldn't be too much of a drive for us. But also can't do Saturday's because of football. And the first two weeks in November are out as well - we'll be in Florida!

I've been to different types before!

The one in Exeter we had lunch & drinks in the afternoon at a pub (I think there were about 20 or so people there in total). For those local to Exeter we did this at the Mill on the Exe.

We then had a meal in the evening and some people met the next morning before travelling home for some more drinks and lunch at a pub :)

The one I went to recently in Tetbury - we all had lunch and then went back to someone's house in the evening who kindly was host and gave us a lovely do :love: This meet was a lot smaller though!

I think a meal's a good idea as you can always hang about afterwards and carry on having drinks if you want :)

HTH

We had an afternoon meet in Nottingham. With lunch at HRC, then a stroll up to the castle for a quiz :)

Yes, we should have met up when we were there last week. We all seemed to go so far, but none of us made the final step - to actually suggest a time and place.
My son has just taken up a post in Exeter - He and his wife are in the process of buying a house - I'm sure we will visit them asap - maybe some of us could meet up then.
Other than that I'm all for a meet somewhere else but end of Sept and Nov. 6th is out for us.
Maybe it would be a good idea to plan it next April or something so that we could all work our diaries around it.

Nice to see you on board steve_rob!! As a season ticket holder myself Saturdays would be tricky for me so Sundays seem to be best.

Joanne - you may want to check that no Arsenal games will be moved to a Sunday as often happens when games are televised. DOn't know if this applies to you too steve_rob? As a Forest fan I know no TV channel would want to televise the dross I'll be watching!!

Any further ideas on date/location/what to do??

Rhiannon,

Sky have set their live fixtures up until Christmas and no Arsenal games are on sundays in Sept. I was only looking for home games anyway as I refuse to let my weekends be dictated totally by football - if an away game is on live and he has to miss it then that's too bad.

Joanne

Joanne - I'm sure he'd rather be meeting us lot anyway!!

I think I'll leave this thread for a little longer then maybe we should start thinking of date/location and start a "sign-up" type thread as we could talk about this forever otherwise!!

DisneyRGB said:
Becky if you can come, would you bring the kiddies?

I honestly don't know Rhiannon! As much as I love the little darlings, the thought of having the chance to just relax and chat with you all is VERY tempting!!

DisneyRGB said:
Nice to see you on board steve_rob!! As a season ticket holder myself Saturdays would be tricky for me so Sundays seem to be best.

Joanne - you may want to check that no Arsenal games will be moved to a Sunday as often happens when games are televised. DOn't know if this applies to you too steve_rob? As a Forest fan I know no TV channel would want to televise the dross I'll be watching!!

Any further ideas on date/location/what to do??
Unlikely any of my team's games will get moved for television purposes - I'm a non-league fan! Having said that, some of our away games are in the Midlands, so we still might be able to make a Saturday evening do at a push if it coincides with one of those. Heck, we've got a game in Tiverton so a South-West meet wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibilities...

It's great to see the interest on the board.

So far the consensus seems to be:

Meeting on a Sunday
Probably in September
Meeting in the Midlands
Having a meal, any other activities still up for discussion!!

Does anyone have any strong feelings for or against any of the above? If anyone has a particular date in mind please suggest it and we'll see what's convenient for people. Also any specific ideas for location and activity also welcome!

If we can't get things sorted on here, I may PM people in a couple of days!!

Great to hear that this is going ahead. Unfortunately with birthday's and a friends wedding at a castle in Scotland during September time would be tight.

Perhaps the next time when I'm heading south for conference :)

Reid

Well we'd love to see you there if you could come Reid, and all the others who live further away (there are airports in the Midlands if anyone is a real jet-setter!!!). If it all goes ahead I'm sure there will be photos to share!

There is no way that I can make November - but maybe the next one hey?

The Midlands meet is in September if that makes any difference to you Dee?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter