DIS DLP meet???

DisneyRGB

<font color=blue>Loves parades<br><font color=purp
Hi everyone!!

This might never get off the ground but...

We've already stolen one idea off the UK community board (the monthly quiz!) and this board is all the more fun for it...

So how about another idea from the UK community board - a DIS meet for the DLP board!

I know everyone is fairly spread across the UK and that's where we might have a problem but I thought I'd see what everyone thought in the first place.

The DIS meets seem to be very popular on the UK community board and if we could arrange it, it'd be fun - there are fewer people on this board so I feel I "know" people better than on the UK community board.

I would be more than happy to make arrangements if anyone is interested.

Comments please!!!

Wow, daughter - this is heady stuff!!!!! But I agree it would be wonderful to meet all the people we've got to "know" on the Paris board. But where? With Karen in the South West, Reid in the furthest reaches of untamed Scotland and all points in between it could be quite a logistical nightmare. But go ahead - I'll be there wherever it is (if you'll let me!!!!! :rotfl: ) By the way Nottingham seems fairly central :rotfl2: !!!!!).

Well this is why it might never get off the ground! Of course we're in the Midlands so it's relatively EPLS for us to get anywhere!

Let's see what everyone thinks!!

I would love to come unfortunately I currently reside in N Ireland so a wee bit too far for me I'm afraid. For all you that live in Scotland, England and Wales why don't you try to organise it somewhere central. When I lived in Canada we would have thought nothing of making a 5 hour drive each way in a day!! It would be lovely to get to put faces to names. I say Go for it :cool1:

Dear Rhiannon,

I think its a fantastic idea - only I wouldn't be able to come as its more expensive getting off Shetland than it is travelling from the UK to Paris!!! :sad2:
However if it coincided with our next DLRP trip I would love to come.

I would still love to read/hear any reports etc, if the rest of you on the mainland managed to organise anything - it is a really good idea! :goodvibes

I'm sure Nicola, Kitty-chan and I, and any others who couldn't actually travel to meet up, would still be there with you in spirit!

Good idea...but...as we are at Germany we would need real cheap flights and accomodation.

BUT...what about a meeting at DLRP?

Greets Renate :wizard:

Sorry I forgot to mention our friends in the US and Europe - although you're all more than welcome to come if you can!!

A meet in DLRP would be lovely Renate but I don't think we'll ever get us all there at one time - for most of us it's a journey across the channel and not a day trip unfortunately!! Although a meeting in DLP would definitely be my first choice - maybe we could get someone to sponsor us to all go for a trip?!!!!

Rhiannon
What a lovely idea. I vote for Aberdeen as the location :teeth:

And if my 6 numbers come up on Super Draw Saturday I'll be the sponsor for a DLRP meet :goodvibes

Reid

As I was just coming to log on to this board I thought what a brilliant idea it would be if we could all meet in DLP!!!!! I see some of you got the idea before me! Wouldn't that be fantastic - a weekend meet at DLP!!! Anybody up for it????????????????????????????????????????? :sunny:

Good luck guys :)

I agree it could be a little challenging to get everyone together as we are literally spread to the four winds ;) (I'm thinking about Reid and his haggis again now :teeth: )

Fingers crossed for the super draw on Saturday Reid :goodvibes

I would love to meet you all and it looks like the Midlands would be a good central point (though perhaps less so for you guys not in mainland UK, especially Kitty-chan who would have a VERY long trip!)

For me the problem is, my "proper" weekend doesn;t start until luncghtime on Saturday as Jon (DH) works nights :( and I just don't think it would be possible for us to travel all that way for such a short time :(

A meet in DLP sounds an excellent idea - aren't some of you already doing this in November??

Sorry to be such a damp squib, but I say go for it :) The Dis Meets I have been to (in the South West) have been absolutely brilliant fun :) :)

What a lovely idea......like others have said its such a shame we live so far apart.:confused3

Yes, as Bexx, Rhiannon and I are already going to DLP in November I vote for that!!!!! ;)

diberry said:
Yes, as Bexx, Rhiannon and I are already going to DLP in November I vote for that!!!!! ;)

Yes, come on everyone - put that Nov 7th day trip in your diary!!! :teeth:

Is this meet still being discussed or was the idea abandoned?

All the fun stuff got discussed while we were on holiday!

I was thinking about this just yesterday - be fun to meet both board members and partners that get talked about so much. Three of us just missed an opportunity to have a mini meet-up in DLRP!

I'd be happy to travel to the Midlands but a Sunday would be preferable as Denise works Saturdays. DLRP would be great but we probably won't be able to get that many people there at the same time.

The 3 of us should have made an effort to meet up really. We said "might see you there" but nothing more. I did see one family where the daughter had some lime green ribbon tied round her neck but decided not to approach her at the risk of looking really stupid!

I'd be interested in a Midlands meet also. I presume, if this does get off the ground that children would be welcome?

Ooooh, I'm glad to see some more positive responses to this (no offence to anyone else - I know it's a problem with travel rather than not wanting to come!) but if there are a few of us interested then I'll keep bumping this up!!

Of course children and partners are more than welcome - the more the merrier!!

Any more takers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter