DIS DLP meet???

Sorry Steve, meant to say that I can't see any problems with meeting on a Sunday, this may make it easier for Karen and others in the same boat.

It would be really fun if we could do this! :cool1:

@ware bears and dlpsteve

Just mentioned while reading the christmas temperature thread that we all be at DLRP over christmas. We will arrive late on the 23th and stay till the 26th.

So what about a meeting in the afternoon on christmas eve? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Greets Renate :wizard:

That sounds pretty good to me - assuming we get booked up ok we'll be arriving at 1.30pm - just have to check in, get that first ride on Pirates of the Caribbean done and Christmas drinks will be just about perfect!

Renate, that would be lovely. We will look forward to meeting you, and hopefully you and Denise, Steve.

We do indeed - we usually get it from Waterloo but this time we are probably going to drive to Ashford the night before, stay in the Travle Lodge, then get the Eurostar from Ashford the next morning. The delays with our National Express return journey this time round has made me paranoid! On the way back we'll just drive home from Ashford - we get in at 7.30pm so we'll be home before Midnight - 6 hours earlier than last Friday/Saturday!

I asked cos you said about checking in to the hotel when you arrive. Do you not get Disney Express or is that something only available to people who book direct with Disney? It's a really good service as you get your park tickets given to you on the train and so you can check in at the hotel anytime you want and your luggage is there waiting for you. I also thought that Disney direct was usually cheaper than travel agents?

We had the Disney Express service this time but we still booked into the room first - I can relax knowing everyting is hung up that needs to be and that the room is ok. We also like to change before we hit the park because by the time we get there we've been wearing our clothes for over 12 hours and in summer the weather is usually nice so we like to change into shorts.

When I tried looking on the Disney website to book for Christmas I couldn't find the option to add Eurostar transport - any ideas how I do this?

I thought you could only book hotel and park tickets on the website, wasn't aware you could book travel, so if you can I'd be interested to find out how too!

That's probably why I couldn't find the transport booking then! I've just been to the Eurostar ticket booking websaite and they only have tickets available up to October where as the travel agent said Eurostar tickets for Christmas are going fast - I'm guessing they have access to book them where the public don't. I'm worried that if I don't book early as part of a package I may miss out on getting Eurostar tickets.

Steve - did you realise you can fly from Exeter to Charle de Gaulle now? I just thought I'd mention it as when I priced it up although it was expensive, when you factor in the travel to London, Eurostar, taxi to Waterloo etc it wasn't that different. You may not be keen on flying of course!

It's very convenient for us as we live 6 minutes' from Exeter Airport and the flight's under an hour! We could be at DLP within 3 hours of locking our front door!

I used to be ok - even flew into Japan in 2001! These past few years the thought of flying has really not appealed to me - hopefully I'll get over it one day - more Disneys to see!

This has gone a little off-topic (easily done I know ;) )

So far it seems we have me, Diberry, Becky, Steve and Joanne (plus families in some cases) interested.

Is it worth picking a place and day and seeing if those details help others decide whether they want to/can come?

Can you tell I am persisting with this?

Help me out people!!

Go for it!!! When is everyone available? I'm ok after 25th August until 6th Nov.

Just about any weekend from middle of August are good, apart from the 14th October and the afore mentioned 6th Nov! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter