DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

Thats a shame Mimi's was not that good

Love the pics of the old characters on the walls.....and the pics in front of the Muppet show are pretty cool, especially the one of Beaker :goodvibes

Usually you're rushed through or there are people on the other side (seating for the hot dog place).....so getting pics aren't always easy to get.....so I was glad we pretty much had the place to ourselves. No one around us & just a couple people on the seating side.

Some of my friends are doing the grad night thing. Except, this is NOT their official grad night.

They'll have a fun time!! I didn't figure they'd actually go on their actual graduation night. Those ceremonies usually aren't even over until 8:30-9:00pm. More fun to go on an off day so you can spend more time there!!

We headed inside the Animation Building.....love the rotunda lobby all the movie clips & sketches they show. When I took these, Ratatouille and Lilo & Stitch was the featured film.

053-5.jpg

054-4.jpg

We stepped into the side room with the Toy Story Heliotrope. Ty took these pics when it was spinning.

875.jpg

878.jpg

880.jpg

881.jpg

We mainly came in here today to go here!!!

052-7.jpg

These were some sketches on the wall as we waited to enter the auditorium.

884.jpg

885.jpg

886.jpg

While waiting for the doors to open.....one of the Divas showed up......Dianna!!

057-5.jpg

When the doors opened, we proceeded into the auditorium.....I believe there were 6 of us total.....so we had our choice of seats......lol

058-5.jpg

This is the drawing board they give you......complete with pencil with no eraser.....no good artist erases!!

062-5.jpg

Our Disney Animator and his drawing of the main character in Disney's newest movie opening this summer.........Brave.

060-5.jpg

061-3.jpg

We actually got to see a sneak preview of the movie!!

The character we were going to draw at this session was Oswald the Rabbit. Walt Disney's first character. We were pretty excited to get to draw this!!

063-4.jpg

064-5.jpg

065-3.jpg

Here's mine during the lesson:

066-3.jpg

Here's Ty's during the lesson:

067-5.jpg

These lessons are about 15 minutes long & it's amazing how easy they make it look. You are given step by step instructions & ANYONE can draw a pretty decent sketch if you follow along......so fun!!

My finished Oswald:

068-5.jpg

Ty's finished Oswald:

069-4.jpg

After the class, we said our goodbyes to Dianna and planned out our next move!!

We got our sketches rolled & rubber banded at Off the Page and put into a plastic bag to keep them from getting ruined if it started to rain.

We headed to Soarin' to use our Fastpass.

070-4.jpg

We decided to head back over to the pier to see if the wait had gotten shorter on Toy Story Midway Mania. As we headed that way.....we found Captain Mickey in the gazebo with a short line....so we got in it!!

072-5.jpg

We get back to TSMM to find a wait time of 30 minutes....so we jump in the line. Getting greeted by Mr Potato Head.

887.jpg

073-5.jpg

888.jpg

I got a couple pictures of California Screamin' while in line.....some different angles I thought were fun!!

074-5.jpg

075-4.jpg

Here were the scores at the end of our game......I won!!

889.jpg

891.jpg

Ty got this awesome Buzz coat, so I thought it would be fun to get a picture of him in the Toy Story toy box on the pier!!

076-6.jpg

077-5.jpg

Ty got in line for the Silly Symphony Swings and I got some pictures of the pier from that end of the water.

078-5.jpg

079-4.jpg

Ty took these while riding the swings!

892.jpg

893.jpg

894.jpg

896.jpg

My pics of Ty on the swings.

080-5.jpg

081-6.jpg

083-4.jpg

As he was riding, it started to sprinkle lightly.

Nice drawings! That is one attraction is still would really love to try.

Ty's coat is awesome!

Some neat views of CS. Love that ride. And TSMM of course.

Eek, not a fan of rain. Hope it didn't rain too hard.

We made our way to the Little Mermaid ride & went inside....the line was short, so very little wait.

899.jpg

Here we go under the sea.......

084-4.jpg

Ariel swimming above our heads.

085-5.jpg

Ariel & Flouder with her treasures & Eric statue.

907.jpg

908.jpg

087-4.jpg

Ariel with her big hair......kinda weird looking.

914.jpg

Ursula:

919.jpg

092-2.jpg

So as we passed Ursula, the ride comes to a stop.....well almost anywhere on this ride would have been awesome to finally get some decent pics......but where are we when it stops.........at the eyes on the wall.....Yup that's what we got to take pics of.......lol

095-6.jpg

096-4.jpg

Kiss the girl.........

099-3.jpg

Ariel & Eric's shadows as Ariel gets her voice back.

932.jpg

Ursula loses!!!

100-5.jpg

The finale.

101-4.jpg

103-3.jpg

Nice drawings! That is one attraction is still would really love to try.

Ty's coat is awesome!

Some neat views of CS. Love that ride. And TSMM of course.

Eek, not a fan of rain. Hope it didn't rain too hard.

The animation academy is fun & really only takes about 15 mins......makes for a nice air conditioned break & you come away with a free souvenir!!

He got a lot of compliments on the coat & it was fun to walk by people & have them point & discuss the coat!

I live in Oregon & should be used to the rain....but I hate it!!! The last thing I want to do is go to Disneyland to get rained on.....lol I will get into this more soon!!

Disney has lots of clothing that get people asking and talking, lol. I bought a Captain EO shirt on our 2010 trip and wore it in Vegas a few days later and got stopped several times by people asking where I got it. I still get asked sometimes. Same with my Dooney bag.

So many people say they love rain, but I just don't like it. I don't like being cold and wet. It rained on 3 of our 5 days in 2010, and I didn't like it one bit. Especially for the Halloween Party which was also my birthday. It definitely puts a damper on my spirits.

Disney has lots of clothing that get people asking and talking, lol. I bought a Captain EO shirt on our 2010 trip and wore it in Vegas a few days later and got stopped several times by people asking where I got it. I still get asked sometimes. Same with my Dooney bag.

So many people say they love rain, but I just don't like it. I don't like being cold and wet. It rained on 3 of our 5 days in 2010, and I didn't like it one bit. Especially for the Halloween Party which was also my birthday. It definitely puts a damper on my spirits.

Yup, they're good at that!! He got the last one at the World of Disney store.....not sure they were getting more or not.

I get so much rain at home, I don't want it on my vacation. I understand what they mean about walking onto rides...but sheesh....who wants to walk around in wet clothes, socks, shoes, etc. ICK!!

Bummer about your 2010 trip.......this is the first time I've been rained on at Disneyland.......so I had done pretty well up to this point!!

Love Tyler's pic of the spinning things...so cool

good job on both of your drawings :thumbsup2

Loved the buzz jacket and cute photo in the box :laughing:

enjoyed seeing the mermaid pics :goodvibes

Love Tyler's pic of the spinning things...so cool

good job on both of your drawings :thumbsup2

Loved the buzz jacket and cute photo in the box :laughing:

enjoyed seeing the mermaid pics :goodvibes

Thanx!! We actually got them home with out smushing them!!! :woohoo:

I love the toy box....I just wish they could do something about the glare on it. They should just take the plastic out of it.

I got great shots of the eyes!! :lmao:

Love it so far!! Our Disneyland thing is the senior excursion. Our graduation is earlier in the afternoon

You got pictures of my favorite ride in DCA!! I have three favorites, Soarin', Ariell's, and Monters Inc.. Sigh I am hopeless.

Sounds like more fun. We like the animation academy also. Shelby is REALLY into art and loves it. It was down the last time we were there though :(

I too agree about the rain. I used to live in Washington so I dealt with it too for 3 years and I got used to it but have gotten spoiled now that I have been back in CA for so many years. Now I don't like to go out in it if I don't have to and DEF don't want it on my vacay!! My ultimate weather would be spring like. Not too hot not too cold with lots of sun! :)

Sounds like more fun. We like the animation academy also. Shelby is REALLY into art and loves it. It was down the last time we were there though :(

I too agree about the rain. I used to live in Washington so I dealt with it too for 3 years and I got used to it but have gotten spoiled now that I have been back in CA for so many years. Now I don't like to go out in it if I don't have to and DEF don't want it on my vacay!! My ultimate weather would be spring like. Not too hot not too cold with lots of sun! :)

That's too bad it was down when you stopped in......it's really amazing how you can take a non-artistic person & get a decent sketch out of them!!! Disney is just brilliant!!

You would think being born & bred here in Oregon (either on the coast or the Willamette Valley) that rain wouldn't bug me.....but I can't stand it!! It can rain at night to keep everything green & such.......but give me sunshine during the day!!! If it only was that easy.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter