DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

I wanted to spend some serious money there. There was a big painting of Stitch with some duckings hanging on the wall there, but it was several hundred dollars. I still wish I could have got it, but oh well. I love all the figurines and stuff too.

There are always paintings I want to bring home.....one of these times!!! I don't hardly look at the figurines anymore.....they'd just get broke at my house and then I'd be very sad.

I want to say it was Erin's first time (2007) to DL when we went to PFF, she was 4. She took the curtsie tutorial soooo seriously!!!! I wish I took more pictures of it. The look of utter concentration as she positioned her feet just so to make sure her arms and fingers were perfect!!! It was great. Apparently a CM noticed it and afterwards presented Erin with a tierra. She still has it!! GReat great memories!!

An Enchanted Musical was one of my favorites. The Evil Queen was at her "best"!!!

The drill was priceless. And, yes, Walt would have had a cow!!

The unused rigging and such is alittle strange to see, but when it *was* being used, it was cool!! Loved the Power Up stage show at the beginning. Glad I was able to see it one last time before they *power down*.

It should be interesting to see the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Off the Page is one of my favorite. That one and the one on Main Street with all of Thomas Kinkaid (sp??) paintings are my MIL and my favorites!!!

Awwwww, that's so awesome!!! I love when the kids really believe what they're seeing and doing.....just so magical!!

We went in 2005, but never made it to the Enchanted Musical. Kinda sorry I missed it.

I went in to the Tron thing on Saturday night of the trip when I was looking for Rochelle, who loves to go & dance. Unfortunately she got there after I did my walk through. I didn't want to hang out.....thanks but no thanks!! Loud, lots of young adults/teens.....just not my scene anymore.

I'll probably enjoy the tea party decorations more than the Tron....but it will probably be the same loud music & dance scene.....so won't be my hangout on any trip!!

The Disney Gallery is a neat place too!! Love Thomas Kinkaid.......wish I could afford it!

I love the pictures!! My sister has an Animator's Collector's Doll.

Thanx Kaitlin!! Which doll does she have?? I wanted to bring them all home.....so cute!!!

By the way.....I had mentioned that Bill Keane (Family Circus) designed the 3 dolls we got.....his son Glen Keane resigned from Disney Animation yesterday, after working there for 38 yrs. :sad1:

I went in to the Tron thing on Saturday night of the trip when I was looking for Rochelle, who loves to go & dance. Unfortunately she got there after I did my walk through. I didn't want to hang out.....thanks but no thanks!! Loud, lots of young adults/teens.....just not my scene anymore.

I'll probably enjoy the tea party decorations more than the Tron....but it will probably be the same loud music & dance scene.....so won't be my hangout on any trip!!

The Disney Gallery is a neat place too!! Love Thomas Kinkaid.......wish I could afford it!

The whole dance and loud music is soo not my scene anymore either, but it was kinda nostalgic to see the beginning of the Power Up show with the '80's fashions again. What a hoot!! Love the hair!!!! :scared1:

I'll probably go to the Mad Hatter Tea Party once and call it good, myself. Forrest on the other hand will more than likely stay awhile. It's a teenage thing, ya know;)

My MIL has the picture with Pinochio and Jiminey. She loves Jiminey. There's quite a big deal with those paintings. Apparently you look and find little things from other stories and touches. You can literally sit and look for hours and still find more NEW things!! The Tianna painting is really something to look at too. Next time ya go, just sit and look for a bit. The CM's there are very knowledgable about the art there as well. Scott and I would talk with them for hours if the kids would let us!:rotfl2:

I soo understand the wanting of one but not being able to afford one:rolleyes1 That's why I just go with the ones that are sketched right there in the store!! I have one of the Evil Queen so far. Scott surprise to me one trip:lovestruc he is also painting one of the Evil Queen for me. Soo, I'll get me a painting yet!!

The whole dance and loud music is soo not my scene anymore either, but it was kinda nostalgic to see the beginning of the Power Up show with the '80's fashions again. What a hoot!! Love the hair!!!! :scared1:

I'll probably go to the Mad Hatter Tea Party once and call it good, myself. Forrest on the other hand will more than likely stay awhile. It's a teenage thing, ya know;)

My MIL has the picture with Pinochio and Jiminey. She loves Jiminey. There's quite a big deal with those paintings. Apparently you look and find little things from other stories and touches. You can literally sit and look for hours and still find more NEW things!! The Tianna painting is really something to look at too. Next time ya go, just sit and look for a bit. The CM's there are very knowledgable about the art there as well. Scott and I would talk with them for hours if the kids would let us!:rotfl2:

I soo understand the wanting of one but not being able to afford one:rolleyes1 That's why I just go with the ones that are sketched right there in the store!! I have one of the Evil Queen so far. Scott surprise to me one trip:lovestruc he is also painting one of the Evil Queen for me. Soo, I'll get me a painting yet!!

I was never into Tron when it originally came out or the re-release....so that's part of the my dislike of the "scenery". The tea party will probably be more eye-appealing to me but still not my thing.

I'll have to take a little longer look my next trip.....I'm fascinated by the artwork. I love how the Thomas Kinkaids almost look like they're lighting up.....just brilliantly painted!!!

I got 2 of my sons the sketches at Off the Page for Christmas and the other son got the Haunted Mansion Poster Print. Then on this trip....Ty got Mike & I the Mickey & Minnie sketch for our anniversary. It's a great way to start out an art collection!

Another great update!! Boy you guys got to do a lot of different stuff. That is cool. I have found us doing that more and more as well. My mom is really getting to the point where she doesn't want to go more than 1 or 2 days but she doesn't get that there is SO much to see and do that that doesn't really cut it. Plus it is fine if you go during an off time but we are going in June and 2 days I KNOW will not even break the surface but we were going to be in LA anyway to do some stuff and since we all have AP's this year we decided we HAD to go LOL. I figure if we get to see the Cars stuff as well as the rest of the "new" stuff at DCA I will be happy.

I saw that someone mentioned the stage shows. I didn't go AS much in the 90's but I do know that before the snow white play it was Beauty and the Beast for a long time. Not sure what it was before that but heard there was some type of arcade and or dance area for the teens back in the 80's.

That's too bad about Mimi's. We have them here in town and we are usually very happy with their food. We ate at the one down there on this last trip since we stayed at Hojo one day and we enjoyed our meal but then we had the stuffed french toast etc.

I guess it just depends on what you get maybe??

Those dolls are adorable and I bet the girls loved them. Mine would have loved them back in the day. :)

Bummer that you are on the last day. I am going to go through withdrawals till your next report LOL ;)

Another great update!! Boy you guys got to do a lot of different stuff. That is cool. I have found us doing that more and more as well. My mom is really getting to the point where she doesn't want to go more than 1 or 2 days but she doesn't get that there is SO much to see and do that that doesn't really cut it. Plus it is fine if you go during an off time but we are going in June and 2 days I KNOW will not even break the surface but we were going to be in LA anyway to do some stuff and since we all have AP's this year we decided we HAD to go LOL. I figure if we get to see the Cars stuff as well as the rest of the "new" stuff at DCA I will be happy.

I saw that someone mentioned the stage shows. I didn't go AS much in the 90's but I do know that before the snow white play it was Beauty and the Beast for a long time. Not sure what it was before that but heard there was some type of arcade and or dance area for the teens back in the 80's.

That's too bad about Mimi's. We have them here in town and we are usually very happy with their food. We ate at the one down there on this last trip since we stayed at Hojo one day and we enjoyed our meal but then we had the stuffed french toast etc.

I guess it just depends on what you get maybe??

Those dolls are adorable and I bet the girls loved them. Mine would have loved them back in the day. :)

Bummer that you are on the last day. I am going to go through withdrawals till your next report LOL ;)

Yikes....you're going to try DL/DCA in June......you're brave!! I imagine it's going to be packed & just nuts!!! :eek: I could no way handle that.....my anxiety would be sky high!!!

Wow, I didn't realize there was such a history back at the PFF! Cool hearing about the different things. Will be exciting to see what goes there next!!

Mimi's always gets such rave reviews.....I can't always handle eating something rich first thing in the morning....so a good basic breakfast is usually what I look for. If you can't make scrambled eggs without grease dripping off of them.....I'm not sure I'm a big fan of your restaurant.....lol ICK!

I know last day already......but I've got my WDW PTR going.....so you can always check that out. I've been highlighting my past DL trips on it. I've done 2005 & 2008.

Great trip report!!! Looks like you ladies has a great time!!!

Thanx!! I'm glad you stopped in!! :wave2: The diva trip is always fun!!

LOL Laurie I know right June??? But we were trying to think of a fun summer trip and every place we WANTED to go was WAY too expensive with airfare. My mom has a place in Mexico but we figured out it would cost more in airfare just to get down there then an entire week in LA driving. We thought about Hawaii too but again it's that dang airfare that is a killer!!

So it is LA again. We are going to do some stuff we missed this past trip like Olvera Street and the Grove and hopefully get to see SHerry!! WE are staying up in Oxnard the first night at this really nice embassy suites that is right on the ocean. We found it several years ago and stayed there when it was pouring rain but loved it so much we went back that summer. So mom and I said we wanted to go again. We weren't even going to do Disney but since we all have APS it was like how can we go and be THAT close and not go! Plus we have no plans to go back till New Years so if we didn't go this summer it would have been close to a year and we can't have that LOL. ;)

We KNOW it is going to be nuts so my plan is just to get up and be there bright and early and do what we can. WE were there in 10 right after WOC opened and then last summer after Little Mermaid and were able to do everything so I am crossing my fingers hoping for either early opening or special fast passes for hotel guests or something. :) But we will just do what we can. And then when we go back at New Years will that is going to be even worse probably LOL but luckily we are staying the entire week so hopefully we will have SOME time to enjoy it!

Is your DW report on the DW boards I assume? I will have to try and find it. :)

LOL Laurie I know right June??? But we were trying to think of a fun summer trip and every place we WANTED to go was WAY too expensive with airfare. My mom has a place in Mexico but we figured out it would cost more in airfare just to get down there then an entire week in LA driving. We thought about Hawaii too but again it's that dang airfare that is a killer!!

So it is LA again. We are going to do some stuff we missed this past trip like Olvera Street and the Grove and hopefully get to see SHerry!! WE are staying up in Oxnard the first night at this really nice embassy suites that is right on the ocean. We found it several years ago and stayed there when it was pouring rain but loved it so much we went back that summer. So mom and I said we wanted to go again. We weren't even going to do Disney but since we all have APS it was like how can we go and be THAT close and not go! Plus we have no plans to go back till New Years so if we didn't go this summer it would have been close to a year and we can't have that LOL. ;)

We KNOW it is going to be nuts so my plan is just to get up and be there bright and early and do what we can. WE were there in 10 right after WOC opened and then last summer after Little Mermaid and were able to do everything so I am crossing my fingers hoping for either early opening or special fast passes for hotel guests or something. :) But we will just do what we can. And then when we go back at New Years will that is going to be even worse probably LOL but luckily we are staying the entire week so hopefully we will have SOME time to enjoy it!

Is your DW report on the DW boards I assume? I will have to try and find it. :)

Oh that's right.....you're going for New Years Eve........YIKES!!! :scared1: You sure know how to pick your dates...... :lmao: Best of luck for you on both of those trips!!!

I think you'll do fine....for one reason, you've been there....done that. So you won't have to see & do everything if the crowds are too bad. For a newbie.....I'd highly suggest that you skip mid June & NYE!!!

It will be fun for you to go back and adventure some more. We were supposed to do the Grove in 2010 but half the group tired and wanted to go back to the motel.....so we never made it. :sad2: The downside to us flying down these past trips is not going & sightseeing. Sure we could rent a car at the airport.....but we get in a different frame of mind and driving isn't even a thought.

I'd love to road trip the family again & take in more of the S. California stuff. We've never gone to San Diego (which should be a crime after all the trips we've done), I've (me) NEVER seen the ocean down there (part of the family in 10 drove to the beach & took a picture & left) and there's still more fun things to see in the Hollywood/LA area.

Yeah well like I said I normally would stay FAR away from DL the week after a major opening but we are there and have the passes so we will just do what we can. I hate big crowds too and am hoping that it isn't misery from the get go but will just have to see I guess.

Pluse we ONLY have the two days and one is a grad night :( So that means the parks close earlier but it is what it is. We plan to do DL on the grad night day cuz I guess it still stays open till 11 and we NEVER stay that long anyway. Then do DCA on that wed. Sure it will still be horrible but hoping since it is midweek that that will at least have some of the locals away. Who knows.

Like you said though we have been there done that MANY times so honestly just seeing the new stuff is all we really care about and as long as we can do that I will be happy.

And you are right New Year's is nuts but it is one of those things I always wanted to do once and since it is Katy's bday we thought what a perfect thing.

We plan to get to the parks close to opening and ONLY leave if they say it is ok. We figure we won't do many rides and probably will be hanging out most of the time. Our only goal is to take her for a birthday dinner at BB and I will order a cake and then see the fireworks. Then we aren't evening going on New Year's day but rather driving up to see the floats in Pasadena. Then we will come BACK and spend the remaining few days and HOPE it is not nutso!!

I think you would really enjoy doing other stuff in Hollywood/LA. We also plan to do the Warner Bros tour which I have never done as well as going to Universal for a day. So I am looking forward to it. :)

Yeah well like I said I normally would stay FAR away from DL the week after a major opening but we are there and have the passes so we will just do what we can. I hate big crowds too and am hoping that it isn't misery from the get go but will just have to see I guess.

Pluse we ONLY have the two days and one is a grad night :( So that means the parks close earlier but it is what it is. We plan to do DL on the grad night day cuz I guess it still stays open till 11 and we NEVER stay that long anyway. Then do DCA on that wed. Sure it will still be horrible but hoping since it is midweek that that will at least have some of the locals away. Who knows.

Like you said though we have been there done that MANY times so honestly just seeing the new stuff is all we really care about and as long as we can do that I will be happy.

And you are right New Year's is nuts but it is one of those things I always wanted to do once and since it is Katy's bday we thought what a perfect thing.

We plan to get to the parks close to opening and ONLY leave if they say it is ok. We figure we won't do many rides and probably will be hanging out most of the time. Our only goal is to take her for a birthday dinner at BB and I will order a cake and then see the fireworks. Then we aren't evening going on New Year's day but rather driving up to see the floats in Pasadena. Then we will come BACK and spend the remaining few days and HOPE it is not nutso!!

I think you would really enjoy doing other stuff in Hollywood/LA. We also plan to do the Warner Bros tour which I have never done as well as going to Universal for a day. So I am looking forward to it. :)

You'll do alright because you are prepared & know the layout of the parks......I feel sorry for the newbies.....they're going to be overwhelmed!!

Going to see the floats will be awesome!!! Get lots of pics for me.....love seeing them!!!

Fun....a studio tour!! We never look into those because of the kids ages...but maybe down the road!!

Thats a shame Mimi's was not that good

Love the pics of the old characters on the walls.....and the pics in front of the Muppet show are pretty cool, especially the one of Beaker :goodvibes

Some of my friends are doing the grad night thing. Except, this is NOT their official grad night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter