DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info DISapalooza

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brown Truck of Joy came and brought me a pressie. Which is exciting; however, it was something that I had got to prepare for the half marathon. Since that has all but fallen through, kinda saddens me to open the box.

Sorry you are missing the half marathon. Is there another one you can so you can still use your new water pack?

You can do the Princess marathon with yor tiara!

The Brown Truck of Joy came and brought me a pressie. Which is exciting; however, it was something that I had got to prepare for the half marathon. Since that has all but fallen through, kinda saddens me to open the box.

P1100679.jpg

Don't be sad! There will be other half marathons and hydration packs don't spoil or go bad. You can use it to train, hike, bike or for power shopping trips! Heck, just fill it with your favorite beverage and wear it to work!:hippie:

Don't be sad! There will be other half marathons and hydration packs don't spoil or go bad. You can use it to train, hike, bike or for power shopping trips! Heck, just fill it with your favorite beverage and wear it to work!:hippie:

You could make a fortune by getting to France ahead of DATW and then selling sips to the stragglers!

Plus, I believe you are single-handedly keeping UPS in business! Good job! :thumbsup2

You could make a fortune by getting to France ahead of DATW and then selling sips to the stragglers!

Plus, I believe you are single-handedly keeping UPS in business! Good job! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 I love this idea! Wonder how much a backpack full would cost? :scratchin

:rotfl:

Heck! Why don't we all wear one to DATW?:rolleyes1

Filled with juce or water of course. Proper hydration in very important!:hippie:

Todd, I am sure you have already thought of this, but there are other charities that sponsor half marathon teams. The one I saw was Team Diabetes Canada. I know that wasn't what you originally had in mind, but it might be an alternative.

Todd, I am sure you have already thought of this, but there are other charities that sponsor half marathon teams. The one I saw was Team Diabetes Canada. I know that wasn't what you originally had in mind, but it might be an alternative.

I'm not a member of the Canadian Diabetics Association. I looked through some of the charities/groups that are going. Couldn't really find any that felt open.

I'm not a member of the Canadian Diabetics Association. I looked through some of the charities/groups that are going. Couldn't really find any that felt open.

I didn't realize you had to be a member. I know what you mean, there is very little information online about the charity's registration. You could register for the full marathon.:goodvibes

I didn't realize you had to be a member. I know what you mean, there is very little information online about the charity's registration. You could register for the full marathon.:goodvibes

I could. I don't know that I could finish it though. I think I was pushing my boundaries at a half marathon.

So what you are suggesting is that I sell 'backpack' gin to those poor unfortunate souls who are late/slow?

I would need a bookkeeper......:goodvibes

And I am trying my part to secure America's economy. One shipment at a time.

I could. I don't know that I could finish it though. I think I was pushing my boundaries at a half marathon.

I would be pushing my boundaries at 5K. I am proud of you for thinking about doing it. Maybe next year.

Have you used Thrifty before? I just checked and they are much cheaper. Are they on airport or do you have to take a shuttle?

I've never used Thrifty before, always Alamo or Dollar. They are in the airport. I wouldn't go with a company that we would have to take a shuttle to, I made sure before I booked with them, just too much of a hassle with all the junk we have to carry.

Andrea,
Unless Thrifty has moved back on airport property in the last year, they are offsite. You will have to catch a shuttle to their location. I will be able to tell you for sure in 3 weeks, as I have my rental through them for my October trip.
If they still are offsite - I recommend you or Vinnie go pick up the Rental and come back to the airport and pick up everyone else and your luggage.

I believe Kathy mention in one of the recent Podcasts they are in the process of moving all the rental agencies back on property to a central location but I don't know what the time table on this is.

Todd. You could always wear your new cocktail sippy sack during chat tonight. Just sayin. :rolleyes1

So what you are suggesting is that I sell 'backpack' gin to those poor unfortunate souls who are late/slow?

I would need a bookkeeper......:goodvibes

And I am trying my part to secure America's economy. One shipment at a time.

You're in luck - that is my professional forte ;) I'd be happy to assist - standard 20% gratuity add-on???

Andrea,
Unless Thrifty has moved back on airport property in the last year, they are offsite. You will have to catch a shuttle to their location. I will be able to tell you for sure in 3 weeks, as I have my rental through them for my October trip.
If they still are offsite - I recommend you or Vinnie go pick up the Rental and come back to the airport and pick up everyone else and your luggage.

I believe Kathy mention in one of the recent Podcasts they are in the process of moving all the rental agencies back on property to a central location but I don't know what the time table on this is.

Really? I checked mousesavers and it says that Thrifty is located in the airport and you can "walk outside to your car". If they aren't in the airport, then I am canceling my reservation and will go w/a company that has the cars right there. We just have too much stuff and too many people to go back and forth. I'm interested to see what happens when you go in a few weeks........ Let me know!
Thanks

DATW packing list....
The StEEEk, a double stroller, Cocktail Sippy Sack, and an adult diaper and we're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter