DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info DISapalooza

Status
Not open for further replies.
when do your classes start? Are you going to be able to take time off from school in December? Was also wondering if you'll be joined by your DH & DS on this trip? Can't imagine leaving a 7 year old home while mommy goes to Disney World - or doesn't he know? :laughing:

When I went down for MF last year, I told my boys I was checking things out for our trip that we leave for in a couple of weeks. :rotfl:

Haven't figured out yet how I'm going to pull off the DAP trip without them yet. :rolleyes1

Totally OT, but what isn't....

Last night we caught the end of ABC's Modern Family....thought of John and Kevin...don't know why

The Cougar Town came on....and thought of all the DIS wives....wonder why....:happytv::happytv::happytv:

When I went down for MF last year, I told my boys I was checking things out for our trip that we leave for in a couple of weeks. :rotfl:

Haven't figured out yet how I'm going to pull off the DAP trip without them yet. :rolleyes1

a couple of years ago, DH went to a conference @ WDW & I went with him, leaving the boys @ home w/ my parents. We just told the boys we were going to "Florida.". When we got back, the boys asked us what we brought them from WDW. They figured the only reason someone would go to FL was to go to WDW

For MF last year, they knew I was going to WDW alone. They were fine w/ it because they knew we were all going the next month. This year, they might be a little mad at me :teeth:

Hi everyone! I just saw a post over on the transportation boards. It looks like Alamo has dropped their rates. The rates still aren't great but they are better than they have been. I was able to book a "large" car at Alamo for less than the "intermediate" that I had at Dollar.

My 7 year old Daughter knows I am going without her and her brother. She is excited cause Daddy is taking off work to be with them. She knows I rarely do anything with friends IRL because of my and DH's schedule. I work M-F days and he works Fri - Sunday 12 hour shifts. Her only request was to bring her a toy. The part she was most mad about was that Todd will be there and I get to see him. She loved him on the cruise!

It's Friday :banana::banana::banana:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Raining this morning, a little cool but it is Friday. I work closer to home most Fridays so I don't have to fight traffic.

Plans are to get together with my brothers and their families to make T-Shirts for our Halloween trip. Football game tonight to get through first though.

Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Friday!!!

Today I will get off early in Honor of working at the University of Louisville for 20 years. We have a luncheon then they give us the rest of the day off. :cool1:
Actually, I have been with the University for 21 years, but they recognize based on when your Anniversary date falls with in a Fiscal year, thus since I started after July 1, I had to wait a year to be recognized. My anniversary date was this past Monday, so I am now officially in my 22nd year at UofL.

It's raining here today - Has been all week and will continue through tomorrow. Some areas have seen over 10" of rain since Sunday. I need to work on my Trip plan for WDW this weekend, it will be here soon.

Have a good weekend Everyone!!

My 7 year old Daughter knows I am going without her and her brother. She is excited cause Daddy is taking off work to be with them. She knows I rarely do anything with friends IRL because of my and DH's schedule. I work M-F days and he works Fri - Sunday 12 hour shifts. Her only request was to bring her a toy. The part she was most mad about was that Todd will be there and I get to see him. She loved him on the cruise!

I'm sure we can get her an autographed 8x10 or something....;):flower3:

Today I will get off early in Honor of working at the University of Louisville for 20 years. We have a luncheon then they give us the rest of the day off. :cool1:
Actually, I have been with the University for 21 years, but they recognize based on when your Anniversary date falls with in a Fiscal year, thus since I started after July 1, I had to wait a year to be recognized. My anniversary date was this past Monday, so I am now officially in my 22nd year at UofL.

It's raining here today - Has been all week and will continue through tomorrow. Some areas have seen over 10" of rain since Sunday. I need to work on my Trip plan for WDW this weekend, it will be here soon.

Congrats on 20 years. Have a great luncheon and rest of the day off.

Today is one of those Fridays I was not looking forward to. I have my son's birthday party this weekend and I am not even close to ready.

Happy Friday everyone!:banana: :banana:

Good Luck with the party Anne. :goodvibes

I hope it warms up around here this weekend. It has been so cold lately. They have called for snow all week, but thankfully it has missed us. :goodvibes

I hope it warms up around here this weekend. It has been so cold lately. They have called for snow all week, but thankfully it has missed us. :goodvibes

Snow. Yuck. It's not even October.:sad2::sad2:

SNOW???? We're still in the 90s!! :scared1: Although they did say we would be getting a cold front in next week, temps should drop down to 80! :rotfl:

Happy Friday everyone. :wave:

Congrats on 20 Tracey! Enjoy your day. :goodvibes

SNOW???? We're still in the 90s!! :scared1: Although they did say we would be getting a cold front in next week, temps should drop down to 80! :rotfl:

Thanks for ordering up the cooler weather for us next week Shelly. :lovestruc

Thanks Anna. It's 5 year olds and there will be pizza so I know I will be fine.:rotfl:

I love snow. September is a little early, but October is fine by me. I remember one year in October my DH and I went on the Durango-Silverton Railroad. It wasn't snowing when we left, but it started snowing on the way. It was absolutely breathtaking.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...

I missed a call on my phone. I was upstairs and didn't hear it ring. So when I checked my voicemail, it was someone calling to set up a phone interview! One of the jobs that I had applied for called me back!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Ok...now i'm REALLY nervous. This was a job that a friend of mine encouraged me to apply for. He works for this company and said that he knew that I could do the job. He started his career with them in this same position and has now been with the company for 10 years. My problem is that I don't really have experience in this particular industry. But he said that this is one of those jobs that just about anyone could do...just a customer service job essentially, but now i'm freaking out because my mind is thinking to potential interview questions...:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I missed a call on my phone. I was upstairs and didn't hear it ring. So when I checked my voicemail, it was someone calling to set up a phone interview! One of the jobs that I had applied for called me back!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Ok...now i'm REALLY nervous. This was a job that a friend of mine encouraged me to apply for. He works for this company and said that he knew that I could do the job. He started his career with them in this same position and has now been with the company for 10 years. My problem is that I don't really have experience in this particular industry. But he said that this is one of those jobs that just about anyone could do...just a customer service job essentially, but now i'm freaking out because my mind is thinking to potential interview questions...:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Take a deep breath. Don't think about it too much. You'll answer just fine!

Congrats on getting the interview. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Almost every job I have had I did not have experience in that particular position. I have always gone into the interview confident and strong. I am a very quick learner and make that known. Be strong and make sure they understand your strong points. If you are a good communicator let them know because I would think that would be important in that position.
Good Luck!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Calm Brandie :) Congrats on the call back and good luck on the interview

21 years in the same job... I can't even imagine how to do that. That is awesome Congrats

Morning all!

Good luck Brandie! Like Todd said- relax and breathe. You'll do fine. And when you get hired we'll celebrate at DAP with Lemoncello!:thumbsup2

Todd- ummm, guess what came from the boys in brown yesterday.....(ok, that sounded bad...:laughing:)...... my new sewing machine! Finally! So be picking out colors and characters for that new FE Baby! :woohoo:

Now I just gotta learn how to use it- far more high tech than my old one!

But first must go work on treat bags for the Oct cruise FE. Why did I decide to embroider treat bags for our FE trade?!? But they're cute, so I guess it's worth it.:dance3:

SO... Anyone have any good ideas for costume contest winners? For all of Oct the Wonder is doing Halloween costume contests for the adults. I figure everyone would have pirate gear.... any ideas out there for Rick and I so we might be able to win? Prizes are for Funniest, Best Group, Most Spooky, Most Original, and Most Disney. Figured I'd ask ya'll since I know you're creative!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter