DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION: What are non-reactive pots?

ANSWER: A non-reactive pot is defined as one made of stainless steel, enameled aluminum (not regular aluminum because it is affected by acid) or anodized aluminum, such as Circulon or Kafflon. The anodized aluminum has gone through a hardening process that makes it nearly as hard as stainless steel.

Source: Meat and Poultry Hotline, 800-535-4555. May 25, 2000.

I just put in my request to suspend delivery of my Mail and Newspaper for next week.

Thanks for the reminder. I ALWAYS forget the hold mail thing 'til the last minute.

mmmm.... supper time from the Catholic school Christmas fair.

Tourtière pie!

A tourtière is a meat pie originating from Quebec, usually made with ground pork and/or veal, or beef.

The good ladies make the pies and freeze them. I bought four.

George..... Look...

The maker of the best-selling Flip Video(TM) family of camcorders - recently acquired by Cisco® - today announced the availability of FlipShare 5.0, the latest version of the acclaimed software pre-loaded on Flip Video camcorders and available as a download at no cost. The updated software greatly expands the video sharing options available to FlipShare users. In addition to direct uploads to Facebook(TM) and online sharing through FlipShare.com, FlipShare now offers instant video sharing to mobile phones through the introduction of the FlipShare Mobile app for iPhone(TM), Blackberry(TM) and Android(TM) devices. The latest FlipShare 5.0 software, announced today in conjunction with the new FlipShare TV, also enables sharing directly to the television. FlipShare 5.0 is compatible with all Flip Video camcorders and can be downloaded today at www.TheFlip.com/support. The mobile apps are available at no cost for select Blackberry, iPhone and Android mobile devices.

Off to learn how... We are going to share video on FB Live from DAP via my netbook once I learn how LOL....:banana: :banana: :banana:

Looks cool Kelly. :) Walmart has the Flip UHD (like yours) for $150. I'm tempted but I'm trying to cut back on purchases. I have too many photo projects that need attending as well. A Flip vid will get me behind even more. I may have one for PCC 2.0 though.

George. Hope and I are going to the sushi bar at the Poly before the party. If you don't like sushi (Never had it myself, don't intend to get real sushi) you can order from the Kona menu. I'm sure Hope would be happy to have you and Deb join us. Besides, you have never gone to MVMCP with all of your DIS pals.

Kim

Thanks for the offer Kim. We are still considering options to join everyone.

mmmm.... supper time from the Catholic school Christmas fair.

Tourtière pie!

A tourtière is a meat pie originating from Quebec, usually made with ground pork and/or veal, or beef.

The good ladies make the pies and freeze them. I bought four.

Check with Nikki Bell. I'm pretty sure she has some Cool Whip for your pie Lyn. ;)

And a LOT of cash. Those tini tiny bottles of Dasani and cans of soda were $4 each. Can't even imagine how much the alcohol was.

It was $6. for beer and $7:50 for a mixed drink, which is pretty good since we are talking about disney here! :lmao::lmao:

Have fun today!
We are expecting 1-3 inches of SNOW:eek::eek:

It was cool here this morning, and it rained for a bit however we did have a great day.
I have come down with a terrible headache so we are back here for a bit to rest before dinner.

Sorry to hear you are getting snow!

It was cool here this morning, and it rained for a bit however we did have a great day.
I have come down with a terrible headache so we are back here for a bit to rest before dinner.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Where is dinner tonight?

DH is putting all the stuff in the car now. We don't leaving until 10:30 tomorrow but he always packs too early.

My throat is hurting. I hope it feels better by tomorrow. :scared:

Wow - I have struggled with a headache all day as well.

DH is putting all the stuff in the car now. We don't leaving until 10:30 tomorrow but he always packs too early.

Try to get some sleep tonight, drink lots of liquids and have some good throat drops along. Safe travels!

Sorry to hear about the headache Kat. started spitting snow here about noon today and has been a light snow / wet snow mix since. It just started to accumulate on the back deck and grass. Roads and walkways are still just wet. Hope you have a nice dinner.

Have a good trip tomorrow Anne and hope the throat feels better. :hug:

Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe - original recipe came from the recipe thread on DISboards.

Cheddar Cheese Soup

¼ lb smoked bacon, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, cut into ¼ inch pieces (I dice smaller)
½ cup finely chopped celery
½ cup finely chopped carrots
3 tbs. all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk (I use ½ 2% and ½ heavy cream)
2 cups chicken stock
12oz. grated white cheddar cheese
3 dashes Tabasco
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup Moosehead Canadian Ale, room temperature (I just use ale I can find)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs. finely sliced chives (I usually omit)

I find it easiest to finely chop the bacon by freezing it first.

Cook the bacon in a large heavy bottomed, non reactive soup pot over medium heat until wilted not browned. (I try to lightly brown, I can’t get it to brown like the recipe indicates.) Add onions, celery and carrots; cook until translucent and bacon has crisped. Sprinkle in flour and stir consistently for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and stock a little at a time, blending well to ensure no lumps. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire and ale. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with your favorite bread and top with chopped chives.

It is actually very easy.

Anne can you please pm this to me?

Sorry to hear about the headache Kat. started spitting snow here about noon today and has been a light snow / wet snow mix since. It just started to accumulate on the back deck and grass. Roads and walkways are still just wet. Hope you have a nice dinner.
QUOTE]

Thanks George!
Sorry to hear you are getting some of the white stuff.
It was bound to happen sooner or later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter