DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' guys. We got 4 inches of snow. It was really wet and froze overnight. :sad2: It's a nice day today though, so I think it will melt. :thumbsup2

We had that yesterday. Turned into a great day.

What is up with all the girls wanting to harvest each others eggs? Sounds so 3rd world.:confused3

Good morning everyone. :wave2:

Not much at all in the way of snow. I'm lucky if we have 2". :) But the news coverage rode it for 24 hours like a wave. :headache:

Katherine glad you had a nice dinner last night and enjoy MK/Ep today. See you in a few days.

Anne - Get better and travel safe today.

Hope everyone has a great day. :thumbsup2

It might as as well been a hurricane down here the way the news was covering it. "Record Snow Fall! / Do not go to work / Black Ice / Texas has a ***** house in it (wait that was from a musical)"

You make me spill my guts -

we can't find a single cable for a camera to download pictures so my only option is my phone. I have been trying to post FB pictures all day - no service in the house today.

Anne -

You should never hook your camera to your computer anyway. If there is a power surge while it is hooked up it can ruin your camera. Stop by Besy Buy and tell them you want a USB Card Reader. I suggest a scan disk model, the one I have sits on a stand but it also portable so I can take it on trips. A good one (around $20+) is what you want, don't get a cheap one, it can hurt your cards.

Major hiccup in our DAP plans here. A couple days ago I noticed some slight hip pain when I rotated my leg. I've been running on my treadmill 3x/week and have ONE run left to finish a 10 week training program (Becoming a One Hour Runner). I did 40 min yesterday and it was slightly achey last night.

Fast forward to this morning and I can barely walk. I get shooting pains when I rotate my leg even slightly. I think it's a lovely case of bursitis so I'm going to have to call the doc on mon and see if I can get some help. In the meantime I'm sucking down the Aleve and sitting on a heating pad.

oh Liz, I hope it is nothing serious and that all you need is a few days rest. Fingers are crossed.

Good morning everyone! I'm leaving today...and still I need to pack. Just haven't had time. I'm leaving the house at 12:30 today and won't be back til the 15th. Kind of sad. Okay alot sad. DH is very sad. :sad1:

See you all in a few days. Have safe trips down! I'm off to print the boarding pass, pack :rolleyes:, and a few other things.

Travel safely, see you Thursday

Somewhere along the way on this thread I posted about our unique Christmas cards - even posted a couple of samples - and some of you asked to see the 2009 version once it was unveiled. (If we're Facebook friends, you can see the whole collection from 1993 to 2009.)

Here we are --- the moment our 2009 Christmas card is revealed "to the masses"...

12133_1268887851978_1523290595_30714910_552983_n.jpg

The message inside is:
"Triple dog dare ya" to have a Merry Christmas!
Phillip and Dodie 2009

Dodie. I so want one of those cards in my mailbox. I am extremely impressed.

Thanks Tracey - I suspect if I can give this away that is what I will end up doing. I am going to price a long weekend but not sure if it will work - I have the 45% Passholder discount - I checked MLK weekend and the cheapest I could find was AKL for $900, 5 nights I think - great price but not in my budget right now.

We'll be there MLK weekend. Keep checking since things tend to open up at the last minute that weekend.

Not much for me George. I've had a setback with the finger. Alicia and Jennie have some domestic plans around the house. Tomorrow I'm taking Jennie to see 2012. Weather sucks here as well but no snow. If you and Deb decide to go to MVMCP with us on Sunday, I can save you quite a bit of money on your tickets with my military discount. Let me Know what you decide. :thumbsup2

Hope everythings OK with the finger. I had a similar setback with my hand surgery a few years ago. Like you I use my hands to do my job and it was really 4-5 months before I was completely normal.

Good morning everyone! I'm leaving today...and still I need to pack. Just haven't had time. I'm leaving the house at 12:30 today and won't be back til the 15th. Kind of sad. Okay alot sad. DH is very sad. :sad1:

See you all in a few days. Have safe trips down! I'm off to print the boarding pass, pack :rolleyes:, and a few other things.

Have a great trip.

Anne -

You should never hook your camera to your computer anyway. If there is a power surge while it is hooked up it can ruin your camera. Stop by Besy Buy and tell them you want a USB Card Reader. I suggest a scan disk model, the one I have sits on a stand but it also portable so I can take it on trips. A good one (around $20+) is what you want, don't get a cheap one, it can hurt your cards.

I guess its a good thing I can't find my camera cables:)

I will have to look into this at some point.

Sorry about the long multiquote above. This is the first time I have checked the boards since Friday afternoon. Issues at work hav exploded and are sucking every minute of my time not dedicated to family or Christmas decorating. We have vowed not to go to bed tonight until all Christmas decorating is finished.

I am in the office this morning getting ready for a talk I have in 30 minutes and my trip to Austin on Tuesday. Then I am heading home to decorate like a mad man. The outside decorations look great with the 2" of snow we got last night.

I'll try to check in later.

George, hope todays game goes better than last weeks. Go Pats! Squish the fish!

Thanks Tracey - I suspect if I can give this away that is what I will end up doing. I am going to price a long weekend but not sure if it will work - I have the 45% Passholder discount - I checked MLK weekend and the cheapest I could find was AKL for $900, 5 nights I think - great price but not in my budget right now.

there are good general public discounts out then, too, which might have different availabilities.

We will be there 1/21-27 :banana::banana::banana:

Sorry about the long multiquote above. This is the first time I have checked the boards since Friday afternoon. Issues at work hav exploded and are sucking every minute of my time not dedicated to family or Christmas decorating. We have vowed not to go to bed tonight until all Christmas decorating is finished.

I am in the office this morning getting ready for a talk I have in 30 minutes and my trip to Austin on Tuesday. Then I am heading home to decorate like a mad man. The outside decorations look great with the 2" of snow we got last night.

I'll try to check in later.

Scott I hope things calm down for you soon. Can' wait to see the pictures of the decorations with snow. You took some didn't you?? :santa:

there are good general public discounts out then, too, which might have different availabilities.

We will be there 1/21-27 :banana::banana::banana:

I checked yesterday morning - only deluxe at this point. Airfare is high as well. We would be looking at the 14 - 19.

Mornin' guys. We got 4 inches of snow. It was really wet and froze overnight. :sad2: It's a nice day today though, so I think it will melt. :thumbsup2

Wet here as well. I'm at least going to clear off the grill. Never know when I might need to fire it up. :)

What is up with all the girls wanting to harvest each others eggs? Sounds so 3rd world.:confused3

The Omellette Coven? :confused3

Agreed Scott. At this point the Pats need to get down to business. Gotta respect Miami especially at home. I expect this to be a close game. D needs to prove themselves.

I always forget how crazy this time of the year can be. I am trying to finish up a couple of things around the house - cleaning in preparation for DAP. AND am getting ready to go to Chevy Chase (close to DC) to have lunch with a cousin. This cousin is one of the few local links to my father's family. They grew up together in New York, she is now in her 80's and does not get around much.

I still have laundry, baking and more cleaning to do but visiting family is still important.

It might as as well been a hurricane down here the way the news was covering it. "Record Snow Fall! / Do not go to work / Black Ice / Texas has a ***** house in it (wait that was from a musical)"

Lord have mercy on our souls!

I loved that movie...:rotfl:

You crack me up.:lmao:

Someday....ask me about the story that goes along with that musical on Broadway.

I cant tell it here. The title alone gets ***** out. The story would be unintelligible

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!