Dinner was HOW MUCH?! Don’t tell your Dad!-A Princess Half Marathon Trip!-Newx2 11/21

Loved your report! I've made the decision to run the 10k and Princess Half Marathon next year and so I'm trying to lose some weight in the process. What a perfect time to do it. :)

Congrats on your new home purchase! That's so exciting! Hope you will enjoy it for many ysars!

My alarm went off at 3am I got up immediately and started getting ready. I had everything laid out in the bathroom/kitchen area and tried hard not to be too loud so my Mom could keep sleeping.
I only waited about 5mins before jumping on around 3:35am or 3:45am I think. Our bus headed straight to Epcot we hit no traffic and arrived super early, before 4am.

Busses for the 10k were stated as running from 3:30am -4am for runners, if I could do this again I’d hop on a later bus. I did hear the next bus at the Boardwalk didn’t come until 4:15am but I still would have had plenty of time I think.

RunDisney is run like an well oiled machine, we were directed through the staging area in a very efficient manner, I was so impressed.

Staging area DJ. He had so much energy and was really getting the crowd up and moving!

The best part of the 10k was the shear number of porta potties, I didn’t wait at all

For me personally the only flaw in the morning was the time spent waiting around. Similar to any other large race I’ve run in you have to get there early but then you just sit around waiting to start.

15 mins prior to race start they started leading us up towards the start line. It was cool, Corral A was at the end farthest from the Start line so we walked by the other Corrals on our way to the start line and the energy and excitement coming from everyone was incredible!

Glad you had better bus luck than we did! We got there in plenty of time so can't complain but it was definitely a little stressful.

Totally agree about the well oiled machine part-I was also so impressed at how well they moved crowds! (Though at times I did feel a little like a herd of cattle being pushed around lol)

I also enjoyed the DJ, but by Sunday morning I was SO over doing the cupid shuffle....aaaand now that I wrote that the song is in my head ughhhh:rotfl2:

I also loved the compact set up of the 10k...so nice to get water, use a line free p-o-p, and get into the corral all in one spot!

I did think the waiting was excessive, especially given the time that they insist you get on transportation by...but I guess when that many people have to get to one start line its better safe than sorry as far as time! :confused3

We actually met the balloon ladies as we were walking into the staging area for the 10k! We saw their signs and they overheard us wondering if it was them, and explained they were actually on their way to pick up their balloons, and reassured us that they were actually very nice and not scary, no matter what we had heard :rotfl:

The first few steps of this race were surreal and magical. I couldn’t believe the time was finally here!

A lot of people dislike this course because you run on roads for the first 3 miles and it can be boring but I loved it. I felt like I really got into my groove and I was loving watching the other runners!

Soon I was already past mile 5. This was the first race I’ve run in that the mile markers were sad, it meant the race was closer to being over. Most of the time I can’t wait to finish.
[/CENTER]

I thought having Elsa on the overpass was a great way to feature her without generating massive lines/crowds. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it felt a little cooler in that area! :goodvibes

Totally agree (AGAIN!) about the course...it was nice to settle in for the first few miles before hitting Epcot.

How awesome that you got to stop for almost all the characters!

I had a similar thought about mile 5...not so much sadness, but I was shocked that we were already that far, not the fastest I've run but certainly the fastest the time has passed!

Once you finished you are funneled down through the longest and most
organized finishers shoot ever.

They had the Glass Slipper challenge board out that was missing at the expo.

They had 4 princesses at the finish line. Ariel and Belle were switching out and Rapunzel and Cinderella.

I ended up finishing in 1:02:44, not too shabby for 6 character stops!
[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Love all your finisher pics! Looks like the marathon photo purchase was definitely worth it:thumbsup2

Speaking of the finishers shoot...I finished another half last weekend and after the finish line, had to look around a little for my medal and water/food...I remember thinking wow, this was much easier in Disney :rotfl:

I didn't know the board was there! I wish I had so I could find my name...I looked at the expo but couldn't find GSC and gave up...oh well

How long were the lines for the princesses?

Awesome finishing time, especially with all the stops!:woohoo:

Ok so here it goes my one complaint about the Boardwalk. I do wish they had a traditional quick service restaurant available for eggs and mickey waffles in the morning. The Boardwalk Bakery is delicious but Mickey Waffles would have really hit the spot.

We finished breakfast and headed down to the bus stops, we jumped on a bus to Animal Kingdom and made stops at the Swan and Dolphin before heading to the park.

The photographer was this little Asian lady who barely spoke English, she was so adorable. She kept asking me how far I ran and when I told her see was so impressed. She kicked my Mom out of the shot to get a picture of me “running”

Not much was happening along this morning until we hit the hippo enclosure

Eating and checking out the mini humans.

This was seriously the coolest thing ever

Anyways, it was super cool seeing the hippos up close like that. I was almost convinced the hippos I’d normally see way off in the tank “sleeping” were just some old hippos from the Jungle Cruise haha.

It started raining again so we went and saw the Flights of Wonder show. I had never seen this show before but I actually really enjoyed it. The birds are amazing and its just the right amount of corny.

Stay Tuned!
[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Once again, I agree with you...surprise surprise! (Clearly great minds thing alike ;)) I was so craving Mickey waffles at the BW, and while those breakfast sandwiches were delish, I missed having other options.

My other gripe with BWV was the bus service to other parks...by the last day I was sick of having to stop at 5 resorts to get anywhere/get back.

Your photopass running pic is so cute!

Ok your hippo pictures are so cool! I'm always amazed at how graceful those giant creatures are underwater!

I feel like single rider line always has so much potential for seat mate entertainment :rotfl2:

Flights of wonder is one of those things I always want to do and never seem to get to...next time! (hopefully)

I feel like it will take me a few more days to catch up completely, but in the mean time....CONGRATS on closing on your condo!!! How exciting! :cool1:

Sorry I had a bit of catching up to do. But really, you look awesome for someone running a marathon. I've just started working out and like I walk 2 KM on a treadmill and look terrible. So props for that.

How dare you not share your medals with Pascal? Then again, he didn't do any of the running, so I think he'll forgive you ;)

And congrats on the closing, that's very exciting!

Love your heroes picture from the half! They are definitely so cute :love: hahaha...Hercules missed posing for our first pic too...maybe he needs to meet more often for practice! Lol

The villain's expressions are awesome! I wish we had stopped for them but the line was so long

I think we saw the same character handler at Buzz....he was the best!

I love your smile in the pictures where you are running through the castle, pretty sure thats exactly how I looked too! haha

Even though I already commented on this, I laughed all over again at the fact that you have a picture of my sister at the mile sign!

I wondered the same thing about the "Lets go fly a kite" people....I was much happier to be running than listening to that over and over!

Rapunzel is by far the best princess to meet, she is always so chatty and bubbly.

Congrats on your awesome race!

Hey Jess! I've been reading along on your TR and now I'm finally caught up! I'm a runner too and I hope to do the Glass Slipper challenge this upcoming February! Congrats on completing the challenge! You did great! Great TR can't wait to read more!

Well done for completing the PHM :thumbsup2
What a lovely added extra by getting fairy dusted once crossing the finish line!
What a shame your mum missed you cross the finish line, but I love that you got a photo with all three medals!
Well done again, and good luck with your new home :goodvibes

Thank you so much! It was sooooo much fun!

Me too, it was my FB profile pic forever pixiedust:

Great conclusion to the race and more wonderful pictures!

Congratulations on buying your first home!!!

Thank you so much! pixiedust:

Hooray for finishing! Those are some fantastic photos.

Congrats on your condo! :woohoo: Enjoy owning your first home

I'm so happy with all the marathofoto work they did a great job!

Congratulations on running a great half, and your new home! How exciting!!!

Thank you!pixiedust:

SO awesome! You look great with those medals, congratulations to you ;) Glad you were able to get that pic with Rapunzel too!

I'm glad it was a great experience for you and that you loved it!

CONGRATS on the new home! Best of luck to you!

Thanks, I love that picture pixiedust: Rapunzel was the highlight for sure!

Thank you so much it's been great so far! pixiedust:

kgof_4f7_udpu1.jpg

Great job finishing the race and having so much fun! And congrats on closing on the condo too!

That is so great about the photographers and that you got so many good shots, and just to not have to worry about trying to get selfies during the race or anything!

Aww thank you so much! pixiedust: It was so much more fun than I was even expecting it was great!

The photographers were amazing, way more and better than I expected. Selfies are great but it was awesome to get some great running and posed race photos!

I have a question. I googled some videos of the 1/2 marathon and was wondering about the music. I heard quite a bit of background music. I understand it will be in the parks but was there much music when you were running on the streets. I really like having music when I run but I did not want to mess with earphones and my own music if I would be turning if off and on.

Hmm that's a tough one, it really depended on where you were. I don't remember it ever being quiet. There was always some type of music playing whether it was just background or DJs. There was also music blaring out of every mile marker and at most of the character stops with backdrops. I never run with music so it wasn't a problem leaving mine at home. I will say the Disney races are much more crowded than I'm used to at home so you may find yourself turning your music off anyways to hear whats going on around you.

Congratulations on your new house purchase!! How exciting! :banana:

I read through the entire report and the one thing I have to say is that you don't look like you are running a 1/2 or a 10K since:
a. You look completely fabulous (loved the Jasmine and Rapunzel outfits)
b. Seriously do you even take a deep breathe? You look like you are taking a stroll and this is nothing! :lmao:
c. I'm going back to a for this one. You make this look way too easy.

GREAT JOB! You did awesome! Love the medals for the GSC. This is something to be very proud of.

You are really inspiring me to run more. The last few weeks have been so busy that I've not run much and now I feel like going out and running a few miles but since it's 10pm probably not going to happen. ;)

Thanks for sharing all the details. I've really enjoyed reading.

Thank you so much Brenda, its been working out really well!

Aww thank you so much, the outfits made the experience i loved how they turned out!

Mostly I was just holding my breath a little to smile for the cameras ;)

Sticking with running is so hard, especially when you get busy. I haven't been running much lately because I haven't had the time, I need to get back at it!

Thank you so much for reading along! pixiedust:

I can't go any further without remarking on the fact that you actually captured a fellow DISer in a photo. This is one of those eternal questions asked constantly about TR's and people wondering if they might see themselves in someone's photos. That is so freaking seriously cool!!!!!!

Oh and also, thanks for the clarification of the photos. Of course the bib number!!! It just never procured to me. I was leaning towards "Enchantment". ;)

Haha, of course it would be a personal worst. I don't think other marathons have Disney characters to take pictures with, lol.

Aww how perfect to get a photo with Punzie and your well deserved medals.

And WOW, congratulations on your purchase!!!!! :yay:

Haha it was so cool that I actually captured that! Talk about perfect timing!

Maybe Marathofoto can team up with MyMagic+ and then it will be true magic pixiedust: or maybe we would just lose all our pictures ;)

Punzie was the BEST part

Thank you so much Rob! pixiedust:

Great updates and pics.

Congrats on the race.

Congrats on the new home.

Thank you! pixiedust:

I love that there's a gospel choir performing! Definitely motivational.

The picture of you with both medals is SO AWESOME. Congrats on such an amazing accomplishment!

What a great meet with Rapunzel! I've always wanted to meet a character when I was dressed up as them.

Okay if the picture of two medals was awesome, the picture with three is just incredible. You go, Jess! Great job!

And congratulations on your new home! Best of luck with the move!

It was awesome, such a good element at the end!

Thank you so much! pixiedust: I'm in love with that photo

Awww Punzie was the best, it was my first time meeting a character I was dressed as. Made me want to go to a Halloween party! :scratchin

Thank you so much, its been great so far! pixiedust:

Congrats on completing your races and on purchasing your home!

Thank you! pixiedust:

Loved your report! So there is a picture package you can purchase?

congrats on your new home too!:cool1:

There is a package, Marathofoto sends out a link a couple weeks before the race. I actually purchased the GSC package after seeing how many 10K pictures they got of me. It was definitely worth it IMO, I got a ton of shots!

Loved your report! I've made the decision to run the 10k and Princess Half Marathon next year and so I'm trying to lose some weight in the process. What a perfect time to do it. :)

Congrats on your new home purchase! That's so exciting! Hope you will enjoy it for many ysars!

Congrats on deciding to sign up! It's a fabulous race you will LOVE it
pixiedust:

Glad you had better bus luck than we did! We got there in plenty of time so can't complain but it was definitely a little stressful.

Totally agree about the well oiled machine part-I was also so impressed at how well they moved crowds! (Though at times I did feel a little like a herd of cattle being pushed around lol)

I also enjoyed the DJ, but by Sunday morning I was SO over doing the cupid shuffle....aaaand now that I wrote that the song is in my head ughhhh:rotfl2:

I also loved the compact set up of the 10k...so nice to get water, use a line free p-o-p, and get into the corral all in one spot!

I did think the waiting was excessive, especially given the time that they insist you get on transportation by...but I guess when that many people have to get to one start line its better safe than sorry as far as time! :confused3

We actually met the balloon ladies as we were walking into the staging area for the 10k! We saw their signs and they overheard us wondering if it was them, and explained they were actually on their way to pick up their balloons, and reassured us that they were actually very nice and not scary, no matter what we had heard :rotfl:

I thought having Elsa on the overpass was a great way to feature her without generating massive lines/crowds. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it felt a little cooler in that area! :goodvibes

Totally agree (AGAIN!) about the course...it was nice to settle in for the first few miles before hitting Epcot.

How awesome that you got to stop for almost all the characters!

I had a similar thought about mile 5...not so much sadness, but I was shocked that we were already that far, not the fastest I've run but certainly the fastest the time has passed!

Love all your finisher pics! Looks like the marathon photo purchase was definitely worth it:thumbsup2

Speaking of the finishers shoot...I finished another half last weekend and after the finish line, had to look around a little for my medal and water/food...I remember thinking wow, this was much easier in Disney :rotfl:

I didn't know the board was there! I wish I had so I could find my name...I looked at the expo but couldn't find GSC and gave up...oh well

How long were the lines for the princesses?

Awesome finishing time, especially with all the stops!:woohoo:

Definitely felt like cattle but I was so impressed with how everything ran.

Haha did he play it more than once?! I didn't even notice. I think I was in official zombie state

I agree I loved the 10k waiting area but man we had to wait forever! Its a lot smaller race they shouldn't have insisted we get there so early.

I saw them too! They seemed really nice, they were waiting outside of the corrals while A was lined up at the starting line

Elsa was so awesome, I think because we weren't expecting her. It made it that much better and I think we feel for the snow magic ;)

I loved that course so much, the Boardwalk area was the best!

That race flew by way too fast, it was crazy.

Haha Disney will definitely spoil a girl

The princess lines weren't too bad. I think I waited 15mins, it was probably closer to 25mins when I left.

Once again, I agree with you...surprise surprise! (Clearly great minds thing alike ;)) I was so craving Mickey waffles at the BW, and while those breakfast sandwiches were delish, I missed having other options.

My other gripe with BWV was the bus service to other parks...by the last day I was sick of having to stop at 5 resorts to get anywhere/get back.

Your photopass running pic is so cute!

Ok your hippo pictures are so cool! I'm always amazed at how graceful those giant creatures are underwater!

I feel like single rider line always has so much potential for seat mate entertainment :rotfl2:

Flights of wonder is one of those things I always want to do and never seem to get to...next time! (hopefully)

I feel like it will take me a few more days to catch up completely, but in the mean time....CONGRATS on closing on your condo!!! How exciting! :cool1:

Haha they seriously do ;) If Boardwalk Bakery just added some Mickey Waffles they would be perfect!

I'm with you on the bus stopping, we got off at the Swan a lot. It's crazy to me that deluxes don't have dedicated bus service.

Haha thank you I felt so silly but it was fun!

Good seat mates are the best and hard to come by :rotfl2:

I'd definitely recommend it, it was better than I thought it would be

Sorry I had a bit of catching up to do. But really, you look awesome for someone running a marathon. I've just started working out and like I walk 2 KM on a treadmill and look terrible. So props for that.

How dare you not share your medals with Pascal? Then again, he didn't do any of the running, so I think he'll forgive you ;)

And congrats on the closing, that's very exciting!

Aww thank you, I normally do I just got really lucky that morning!

Haha, they wouldn't fit around his neck anyways ;)

Love your heroes picture from the half! They are definitely so cute :love: hahaha...Hercules missed posing for our first pic too...maybe he needs to meet more often for practice! Lol

The villain's expressions are awesome! I wish we had stopped for them but the line was so long

I think we saw the same character handler at Buzz....he was the best!

I love your smile in the pictures where you are running through the castle, pretty sure thats exactly how I looked too! haha

Even though I already commented on this, I laughed all over again at the fact that you have a picture of my sister at the mile sign!

I wondered the same thing about the "Lets go fly a kite" people....I was much happier to be running than listening to that over and over!

Rapunzel is by far the best princess to meet, she is always so chatty and bubbly.

Congrats on your awesome race!

I completely agree! Hercules should practice and be out all the time. He's such a hunk!

The Villians were awesome, I'm glad I got a chance to stop for them, they were hilarious.

That guy was lighting speed at Buzz.

I'm so curious if they had to stand there all morning, I would be SO over it!

Thank you! pixiedust: Congrats to you as well!

Hey Jess! I've been reading along on your TR and now I'm finally caught up! I'm a runner too and I hope to do the Glass Slipper challenge this upcoming February! Congrats on completing the challenge! You did great! Great TR can't wait to read more!

I’m Back!/Real Life/Disney Update!

Hey guys sorry for the long absence, life has been absolutely crazy lately. Between the new condo, a lot more responsibility at work and a certain someone I fell completely behind with this trip report.

My new condo has come a long way but its still not done yet. I’m still working on painting and installing all new interior doors, so right now my place is very… open. Haha, meaning there’s only a door on the bathroom… oops.

If any of you follow me on Instagram you might have noticed I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately, some of that has been work but a lot of it has been to visit this guy

IMG_2293_zps645abe8d.jpg

The DBF and I met in college and ran into each other while he was home visiting in March. He lives in Chicago but works as a traveling consultant. Currently he’s on assignment in Dallas so he’s there most of the time.

We’ve managed to visit each other in San Fran

IMG_3083_zps4fa1f853.jpg

(Our first date, talk about a dream come true!)

Chicago a few times

IMG_2672_zpscd0384d4.jpg

New Orleans (by far my favorite!)

IMG_3198_zps063b9fe3.jpg

And finally Dallas! But apparently we never take any pictures when I’m there haha.

The next adventure on the agenda is the most magical place on earth!

IMG_0558_zpsfdde6d43.jpg

We’ll be joining my parents on their annual Disney pilgrimage!

IMG_0964_zpsb69bc010.jpg

My parents are so freaking excited we are coming along. This is the first BF I’ve ever had that they haven’t gotten a chance to spend much time with so they are very excited for us to join them for the weekend, and frankly so am I!

DBF has been to Disney twice, once when he was kid so he doesn’t really remember it. And once 2 years ago with his DM, DD, DBro, DSIL, DN5 and DSILs parents (ie two Grandmas and two parents that very much wanted to be involved in planning DNs first trip), they had fun but I’m excited to show him how my family does Disney.

I’m most excited to show him all of the Christmas Disney Magic!

Especially the Osborne Lights

IMG_0724_zps95880997.jpg

I know his nerdy self will be fascinated

So our quick plans as of right now are:

Wednesday Dec 3rd (Also Mom’s Bday!)

My parents and I are flying down on the last flight of the day to sunny Florida! I booked my flight with SW points and I pretty much begged my Mom to take the same flight as me, I’m beyond tired of flying solo! Plus it’s my Moms bday and I have a ton of SW drink coupons to use before the end of the year so we’ll have a plane party!

We’re staying at the family favorite

IMG_1276_zpseeb4f96f.jpg

Pop Century!

I’m going to bunk with my parents for the first night since we get in so late anyways.

Thursday Dec 4th

I check into mine and DBFs room at POP and then

My parents are I will be at the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_0563_zps27c4d0b7.jpg

I booked FPs for Space, PP and BTMRR. We plan on seeing FOF at 3 before heading over to Epcot!

We have a CP package at Via Napoli at 4:30 for the 8:15 show, it will be close but hopefully we make it, I must see FOF!

IMG_0691_zps052ff914.jpg

We’ll probably see Illuminations and stroll the countries for the evening.
DBF has Fridays off so he’ll be flying in after work on Thursday, he gets to Orlando at 1130, yuck! Someone is not waiting up for him haha.

Friday December 5th

We’ll all be heading out to HS in the morning!

I have to challenge DBF to TSM, he’s better than I am at just about everything so wish me luck haha

IMG_1764_zpsc38d8dc7.jpg

My current high score

I’ve got FPs booked for TOT and the LM as well. I’m hoping we can get here for RD but DBF doesn’t get in until 1130 the night before and is not a morning person so we’ll see…

For the afternoon and early evening we’ll be heading over to Epcot to drink around the world. DBF is a big beer and wine guy so I had to fit this in for him.

IMG_1439_zpse67d3c6d.jpg

We’ll head back to DHS shortly before closing to see the Osborne lights.

IMG_1011_zps175bf1c7.jpg

My goodness I can’t wait to see these babies again.

If we are feeling adventurous Epcot has EMH until 11:30, we’ll see.

Saturday December 6th

This will be either an Animal Kingdom or Epcot morning, I can’t decide. I can’t imagine missing my beloved Everest but I know DBF would rather go to Epcot so we’ll see. I booked AK fps because I’m assuming I’ll win this battle
The night will be all MK all the way!

IMG_0817_zps24603d8b.jpg

I want to try to catch the Castle lighting, CTM, Wishes and MSEP, ambitious? Yes, doable? Hopefully!

EMH are until 2am so I’m hoping DBF and I can go until then as it will be our last night in the parks : (

Sunday December 6

Both DBF and I don’t fly back until 6pm but my AP runs out on the 5th, bad timing when I upgraded last year…

So we’ll sleep in and probably spend the day at DTD. We both like to bowl so I’m thinking Splitsville could be on the agenda or maybe mini golf, I’ve never played a Disney course. Either way we’ll be together so we’ll have a great time : )

Any suggestions on a resort brunch ADR I could still book that’s semi easy to get to from POP? And not too expensive?
So there you have a whirlwind trip to Disney at
Christmas, only 19 days away!!

Open that Bar Already!

So after finishing the race and taking some pictures I was ready to head out.

The bus lines weren’t bad but I was starting to get sore and Epcot had opened so we elected to just walk back to the hotel.

We entered Epcot and tried to get some photopass pictures but I huge multi family party rushed in front of us without even having all their members and the photopass photographer just ignored us and waited for them… umm nevermind.

So we moved on. The race was still going on so it took awhile to get through Epcot with all the switch backs.

IMG_1691_zps2b878be6.jpg

IMG_1692_zpsdbdbd6a6.jpg

I popped into a restroom to change my shirt and we headed over to the Beach Club for our breakfast reservation

We had a reservation at Cape May and were seated right away. I really wish I hadn’t booked this, I’m never hungry after running a half marathon so it was a bit of a waste of money.

Goofy skipped us : ( and Minnie was taking FOREVER

So we only saw Donald

IMG_1694_zpsbf86a39a.jpg

The food only ok, CP is better in my opinion. I don’t think we’d come back.
After breakfast it had completely cleared up, it was going to be a gorgeous day!

IMG_1697_zps4781f714.jpg

The only thing on tap for the afternoon was some much needed pool time. I’m a terrible napper, especially in our slightly noisy Boardwalk room so pool time was perfect because I was tired!

My Mom and I both wanted some tropical drinks but it took forever for the pool bar to open. I think they finally opened at 12:30, judge us but we’d both been up forever.

IMG_1698_zpsfcb1dadc.jpg

Finally I had this beauty and it was divine

IMG_1699_zpsd408b53a.jpg

IMG_1702_zps5a06cd67.jpg

I did brave the creepy clown slide, it was fun!

Our pasty Maine selves started to get burned mid afternoon so we headed upstairs to clean up and head out for the evening!

IMG_1703_zps74ef1b14.jpg

BRB my love!

We took a bus to the MK and we had some time to kill before dinner so we headed over to BTMRR

IMG_1704_zps5d3c5cfb.jpg

We decided to go explore Main Street after, it was a beautiful day and we were both just loving the sunshine. February in Maine that year had been a rough one

IMG_1706_zps6f0c9aff.jpg

IMG_1707_zps9d62915e.jpg

IMG_1708_zpsee4d7b4c.jpg

I love the eyes on the King and the Duke? In the background

Just as we were about to head out we heard some music so we decided to stay and catch Move it Shake it!

IMG_1709_zps02f23731.jpg

IMG_1710_zps0585527c.jpg

IMG_1711_zpsef9ec748.jpg

IMG_1713_zps185191e9.jpg

Two of my absolute favorites growing up

IMG_1715_zpsbde694c9.jpg

Donald is just too adorable for words

IMG_1720_zps4c0a0375.jpg

We headed out toward the boat launches enjoying the flowers on the way. It had been so long since we had been to Disney not at Christmas and we were loving all the colors.

We decided to take a boat over to our dinner destination and waited forever for one to come but finally it showed up and we were off.

IMG_1722_zps3f368a71.jpg

It stopped at the Grand first before heading off to the Poly!

IMG_1723_zps8e02520d.jpg

There was a group of women on the boat with us that had just done the races as well. One of them actually taught at my old high school which was weird. They said they had been down every year since the Princess Half started! They were also off to celebrate at O’hana!

IMG_1724_zps3cdb0f0f.jpg

We checked in a looked around while we were waiting

Soon enough we were seated and our feast was about to begin!

O’hana means eating until you burst

We were both quite excited to try O’hana.

We started off with delicious drinks, I had a Mai Tai and my mom had a Miami Vice (Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada)

IMG_1725_zps09f67488.jpg

We were far too soon feasting on bread, salad, noodles, potstickers and chicken wings. I wish they had slowed this down but they literally brought it out all at once.

IMG_1726_zpsb74de5a0.jpg

IMG_1727_zpsff12f93a.jpg

Drunk on Disney

IMG_1728_zps9cdfa4ba.jpg

I’m not gonna lie I’m not a big meat person and I was so full by the time it came around that I don’t think I could give reviews on it anyways.

Dessert was to die for, way better than I was expecting, sorry no pic : (
Overall I really liked the food at O’hana but it was way too rushed. I know its popular and they want to turn tables over but it was way too much food at once. I also think for us it wasn’t worth the price because we aren’t that big of eaters. Still very happy we tried it though!

After dinner we headed back to MK. We ran over to Tomorrowland and hit the laugh Floor first

IMG_1729_zpsc40a7cd7.jpg

Ros is my favorite. One of the administrative assistants at work sounds just like her, I crack up every time she pages someone in the office.

IMG_1732_zpsf65dd3e7.jpg

We lucky filled our can with laughter so they could open the exit doors ; )

And headed for the people mover

IMG_1734_zpsa1666d0a.jpg

IMG_1736_zps54a14164.jpg

We also hit up Buzz Lightyear

IMG_1738_zps1398b400.jpg

IMG_1739_zpsf20df199.jpg

How am I so terrible at this game?!?!

We headed to Main Street next for the nightly entertainment : ) My mom and I were loving being in Disney by ourselves, MK almost every night!! Neither of us like Illuminations as much as Wishes. It was also awesome being here when no parties were going on so Wishes was every night

First up CTM

IMG_1744_zps381f2143.jpg

Love you Walt!

IMG_1746_zps7b00385d.jpg

IMG_1747_zps686c0587.jpg

We also stayed for Wishes but I didn’t get any pictures. It was fabulous as always!

We hit up the Haunted Mansion next (so sad this will be down for refurb in Dec : ( )

Then onto It’s a Small World

IMG_1750_zps7a8504c2.jpg

We hadn’t done this in YEARS

IMG_1751_zps05934fad.jpg

The song is still just as annoying but it’s a cute ride. Plus it was my Grandmother’s favorite so it’s sentimental

IMG_1753_zpsdde00105.jpg

We started to head out soon after that, I was exhausted

IMG_1756_zpscd96d573.jpg

Goodnight Magic Kingdom, see ya real soon!

congrats on the new DBF! As he is a "Big beer and wine guy" I am fully supportive of this relationship :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

You upcoming trip sounds like lots of fun - even if there will be tired moments with the late arrivals. We did mini golf a recent trip (at the winter-summer land) and it was really fun!

Bummer about the Cape May experience - definitely sounds like you weren't really in "buffet mode" so that probably didn't help ... but only getting to see Donald is definitely not cool. Oh well, can't win them all

Pool time after the race sounds wonderful and I would never fault someone for wanting to get a drink while lounging

That is pretty odd to randomly run into someone who taught at your old school - but guess just goes to show how small the world can be at times.

Ah, miss that view of the Poly. Hope 'Ohana turned out well :thumbsup2

edit: you got another update in while I was posting - so I don't have to wait ;)

We've experienced 'Ohana like that were, especially the early courses, the food comes super quick and you wind up feeling rushed. Our last trip things were much more spaced out and it was a much more enjoyable experience. Plus the drinks there are pretty darn good!

Sounds like a wonderful night! I love the picture you got of the Walt sketch on the castle :goodvibes

That sucks big time that HM will be down in December. I know they have to do maintenance on these rides but always sucks when a classic is down.

WHO DAT POSTING ON HERE?????? :welcome: back Jess!!! Nice to hear you're doing so well. :goodvibes

How lovely meeting your new guy that way, and my goodness, the places you've been. So cool!!! But the best is yet to come clearly!! DISNEY!!!!

AND YAY Magic Kingdom for my Birthday!!!! I'm sure that was the plan right seeing as though you're also staying at POP. And yes, you MUST see FoF!! It's AMAZING!! I so wish I was going this December. :(

And An Update!!!

Seriously, why is there a creepy clown slide in that wonderful pool? I don't get it. And nothing wrong with a little drink. It's after noon so it's all good.

Wow, that Snow White window set up looks so familar, but I won't say why.

Oh yes, I remember Wishes every night. My last 2 trips were party season. I will never ever Wishes for granted.

Wow that is one long day. But you sure did do a lot.

Oh yeah, by the way, :welcome: back!

Welcome back! I certainly noticed you've been getting around a lot, good for you! And congrats on the relationship :)

The plans for your upcoming trip sound great!!

Aw man, sorry about the less than stellar Cape May breakfast :(

Pool time was definitely necessary for you guys! You both deserved those drinks ;)

I agree that you can feel rushed at Ohana.

Sounds like a great night at MK!

congrats on the new DBF! As he is a "Big beer and wine guy" I am fully supportive of this relationship :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

You upcoming trip sounds like lots of fun - even if there will be tired moments with the late arrivals. We did mini golf a recent trip (at the winter-summer land) and it was really fun!

Bummer about the Cape May experience - definitely sounds like you weren't really in "buffet mode" so that probably didn't help ... but only getting to see Donald is definitely not cool. Oh well, can't win them all

Pool time after the race sounds wonderful and I would never fault someone for wanting to get a drink while lounging

That is pretty odd to randomly run into someone who taught at your old school - but guess just goes to show how small the world can be at times.

Ah, miss that view of the Poly. Hope 'Ohana turned out well :thumbsup2

edit: you got another update in while I was posting - so I don't have to wait ;)

We've experienced 'Ohana like that were, especially the early courses, the food comes super quick and you wind up feeling rushed. Our last trip things were much more spaced out and it was a much more enjoyable experience. Plus the drinks there are pretty darn good!

Sounds like a wonderful night! I love the picture you got of the Walt sketch on the castle :goodvibes

That sucks big time that HM will be down in December. I know they have to do maintenance on these rides but always sucks when a classic is down.

Haha thank you! One of the first things we did was a wine tour and I knew I had a keeper :rotfl:

We might have to check that one out!

I agree I was completely not in buffet mode so maybe I was a little harsh but agree can't win them all!

Ahh it was complete heaven :beach: especially after the bar opened ;)

It was so weird, especially coming from a small town in Maine.

O'hana was good just so rushed. I just wanted them to slow down just a bit. But our wait staff was fabulous and the drinks were delicious!

It was a fabulous evening, can't beat MK at night!

I'm so bummed HM is down, especially since my Mom ordered her and my brother HM shirts that were too small for them so she gave them to me. I'll be all dressed up with a party to go too :rotfl:

WHO DAT POSTING ON HERE?????? :welcome: back Jess!!! Nice to hear you're doing so well. :goodvibes

How lovely meeting your new guy that way, and my goodness, the places you've been. So cool!!! But the best is yet to come clearly!! DISNEY!!!!

AND YAY Magic Kingdom for my Birthday!!!! I'm sure that was the plan right seeing as though you're also staying at POP. And yes, you MUST see FoF!! It's AMAZING!! I so wish I was going this December. :(

And An Update!!!

Seriously, why is there a creepy clown slide in that wonderful pool? I don't get it. And nothing wrong with a little drink. It's after noon so it's all good.

Wow, that Snow White window set up looks so familar, but I won't say why.

Oh yes, I remember Wishes every night. My last 2 trips were party season. I will never ever Wishes for granted.

Wow that is one long day. But you sure did do a lot.

Oh yeah, by the way, :welcome: back!

Thanks Rob! :cool1:

Yeah it was pretty cool but a little crazy how everything worked out. He seemed indifferent to Disney at first but since I sent him the picture of the MBs he's getting super excited, its too funny!

Oh of course, all to celebrate your bday ;) so sad you aren't coming in Dec this year! :sad1:

FOF is happening, even if I end up there along :rotfl:

Haha I know, I have no idea who imagineered that, but they are crazy

Ahh getting so excited for Mine train action :cool1:

It's seriously the best, parties are cool but Wishes every night is magical pixiedust:

Welcome back! I certainly noticed you've been getting around a lot, good for you! And congrats on the relationship :)

The plans for your upcoming trip sound great!!

Aw man, sorry about the less than stellar Cape May breakfast :(

Pool time was definitely necessary for you guys! You both deserved those drinks ;)

I agree that you can feel rushed at Ohana.

Sounds like a great night at MK!

Thank you Alexis! Your last trip looked AWESOME, can't wait to read the report pixiedust:

Hey can't win them all, hopefully the next character breakfast experience will make up for it!

Ahh they were the best :beach:

It was so magical and perfect

Living Like Hollywood Stars

It is AMAZING what a full night’s sleep can do for a girl. We woke up this morning ready to take on the first day in Disney with no race business!

We grabbed some bagels at the Boardwalk Bakery and ate them while walking to our first park of the day:

The Hollywood Studios!

We didn’t quite make RD but we had TSM FPs anyways so we headed there first

IMG_1757_zpse361dae0.jpg

IMG_1758_zps38471655.jpg

IMG_1759_zpsbb9a2705.jpg

Sorry for all the TSM spam it’s seriously one of my favorites!

IMG_1762_zpsd2e8832b.jpg

We rode with Woody

IMG_1764_zpsc38d8dc7.jpg

I got my highest score ever!

IMG_1765_zps3124a05a.jpg

And best in vehicle, it was starting out to be a fab morning

Next we headed over to the animation building

IMG_1766_zps958c372e.jpg

To take part in my other love at the Studios, the drawing class

IMG_1767_zps164f7451.jpg

IMG_1768_zpse2a645de.jpg

We drew Pluto : )

I’m so mad I lost this drawing somewhere before coming home : (

IMG_1769_zpsbd650de9.jpg

Next up was One Man’s Dream

(Just for you Rob)

We hadn’t been in here in YEARS, we had a great time looking at everything
IMG_1770_zpsde5f6a47.jpg

IMG_1771_zps9545cfd2.jpg

IMG_1773_zps3451abfc.jpg

I don’t care what anyone says I can’t wait to ride that mine train

We also saw the movie at the end, feels all around.

Next up we headed over to the hat to see if we could find a certain doggie to autograph our masterpieces

wdw201405548196920_zpsc775c920.jpeg

wdw201405548196965_6934813592_18_zps31fb1868.jpeg

After all that walking we definitely needed a snack ; )

When in HS it’s a crime not to get one of these babies

IMG_1774_zps3f1c5e39.jpg

It was to die for as always

Stay Tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter