Dineyland w/Pics: updated 4/22/08, Pin Fun? pg 89 #1325

So we get up Sunday morning and we have a dilemma…do we want to go to breakfast and then a movie or to a movie and then lunch…..so we decided that we will go to breakfast then to Disneyland.

So we head out about 9:00 and decided that we would have breakfast in the Downtown Disney area, I was leaning towards Rainforest Café and Sorceress was thinking La Brea Bakery and as always in our give and take relationship (I give/She takes) after we park were headed towards La Brea Bakery.

As we approach ESPN
IMG_3896.jpg

at about 9:15 we see that they appear to be open and we discuss seeing if they their breakfast menu, so enter approach the podium and in deed we are informed that they are serving breakfast. Now I remember their breakfast menu have a number of really good items on like Cinnamon Rolls in a cast iron skillet, Killer French Toast, so I am looking forward to it.

To save you having to read a long story this was a big mistake, bad service, bad food and raw bacon twice.

So now on with the good stuff, we decided that we would just walk around the Disneyland Hotel and take some pictures to share with you all.

Here is a file picture of how the hotel looked in years past

OldDisneylandHotel.jpg

There are three towers that make up the Disneyland hotel now, they recently went through a name change and are now named after the Disney Cruise line ships.

There is the Magic that used to be the Marina, this is were the main check in lobby is located
IMG_3874.jpg

There is the Dreams formerly the Sierra, this is were the Concierge lounge is located, this is the tower closest to Downtown Disney

IMG_3835.jpg

This is the elevator that goes to the CL from the outside of the building

IMG_3833.jpg

The third and final tower is the Wonder which used to be the Bonita

IMG_3862.jpg

This is the only tower we have stayed in, due to an error on the front desks part we were moved to this tower to a corner suite, it was very nice.

The buildings themselves have not really changed over the years, however the grounds have I will try and post comparison pictures of old and new when I can.

In the center of the towers is where the Neverland pool is now located

IMG_3887.jpg

Not the best picture to show the pool I will have some better ones later

This is how it used to look

OldMarina.jpg

There was an Arcade that was below the water level, you could rent paddle boats and cruise around the marina and in winter they would bring in a floating ice rink for skating.

When you first dive up to the Magic tower to check in you’re greeted by Mickey himself

IMG_3643.jpg

You then head in to the lobby to check in

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

So other things to check out in the lobby area

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

There is also a gift shop

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

(Continued next post)

On the other side of the Fantasia Shop is walk of memoires of shorts, there are two walls covered in pictures taken during the construction of Disneyland and some of famous visitors

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

At the end of the hall is another hall
IMG_3644.jpg

In this hallway there is a board with pictures of the Hotel through the years.
(At the end of this hall is where Goofy’s kitchen is located).

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

And across from that board is my favorite display in the Hotel; it is a display case full of Disneyana Memorabilia

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

Next walking around the hotel grounds

Now THESE look familiar. :rolleyes1

But, I went back and looked at your pictures from when you had KJ with you. I wish we could multiquote here. :headache:

Very cool to see the picture of Soarin'. Well, the outside of the building anyway.

Very interesting "artsy" photo. ;)

Very interesting shot of a strange woman's behind.

I love the rednecked photo of Screamin' - KJ looks like he's having a blast. :goodvibes

I need to get Stitch on his way to California so Keith can post about his adventures out there. Maybe I should have Stitch hitchhike his way there. :rolleyes1

Hey Ladies,

Wow, I haven't been over here in a while.

Carissa I was thinking that I would resurrect this thread when Stitch shows up and goes to the park with me, who knows maybe he would like to see some of the other sites of SoCal too like, Hooters, Fredrick's of Hollywood, Bikini Beach.....

Hey Ladies,

Carissa I was thinking that I would resurrect this thread when Stitch shows up and goes to the park with me, who knows maybe he would like to see some of the other sites of SoCal too like, Hooters, Fredrick's of Hollywood, Bikini Beach.....

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I've been working hard this morning to get him all ready for his trip. :thumbsup2 I'm hoping to send him off tomorrow.

Have you received any other mail from the east coast recently??? :rolleyes1 Man, mail service is S-L-O-W.

Hey Ladies,

Welcome Back!!
:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

:rolleyes1

Please try to resist the American Girl Store... He's still getting over his broken heart...

Kathy

We may have a problem.........:scared:

I was coming home from work and turned the corner to the front door and found this

IMG_4454.jpg

Upon closer examination it was a package that was sent to me by Carissa

IMG_4455.jpg

As you can see it appears that the contents has made a run for it...:scared1:

I tried to contact the local Fish and Game department to let them know that a Possibly Very Dangerous Animal was lose on the streets of Anaheim, but thanks to Arnold's Cutbacks all I got was a answer machine.

Stay tuned for further developments…….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter