Club 33 Page 22 Post# 317
Disneyland Resort Downtown Disney Page 28 Post# 411
O/T-Water Polo/Ventura Page 42 Post# 617
Tomorrowland Page 42 Post# 625
Halloween Page 45 Post #659
Holiday Season Page 63 Post 933
Just for Fun page 71 Post 1057
Pin Fun? page 89 post 1325

We had the pleasure of having our Nephew Boot Strap (5 years old) spend Saturday night with us this last week end. So we had a discussion as to what we might want to do while he is here. We were considering Disneyland of course, then there was feeding the ducks and fish over at Knott’s Berry Farm or just staying home and letting him torment the girls.

Boot Strap’s Annual Pass to Disneyland had expired so we though about renewing and then remembered that it was the last of the spring breaks and that it would probably be pretty crowed so we decided on the feeding the ducks.

Okay, so you are wondering so why I’m I reading a report about feeding the ducks at Knott’s Berry Farm on a Disney Trip report board.

Well, here’s why,

Boot strap gets dropped off and our evening is full of scavenger hunts for things the make believe robot has hidden in the house and coloring in the new Dinosaur coloring book his cousin Swimlover got him and watching assorted cartoons and finishing off a kid’s meal from Quizno’s, things are going good.

So it is time for bed and he informs Sorceress that he is too excited to sleep, she asks why and he tells her because he is looking forward to going to Disneyland tomorrow (insert Disney Commercial) she informs him that we may not go to Disneyland because his pass had expired and it might be too crowded, so we thought we might go feed the ducks, but we would see in the morning.

So fast forward to Sunday morning, now I am always up around 5ish everyday, don’t know why it has been that way for decades now. So when I hear Sorceress asking me if I am awake and I realize that it is light out it must be later then 5ish. I ask her what time it is and what’s wrong. She tells me it is after 7 and there might be a problem with our plans for the day. This gets me to sit up in bed thinking what’s wrong with Boot Strap and wow it felt good to sleep in. She proceeds to tell me that she got up at 6:30 and went out to find that Boot Strap was already dressed sitting on the couch, when she asked him why he was up and dressed he told her he was ready to go to Disneyland.

This is when she informs me that she didn’t have the heart to tell him we weren’t going to Disneyland so I needed to get up and get ready so we could try and beat the crowds to get his pass renewed.

So now you know and here we go.

We left the house and I was going to stop and get us breakfast at this really great place I go for breakfast, but when we got there they weren’t open yet

IMG_1453.jpg

So we decided on Del Taco instead

IMG_1451.jpg

So with our breakfast received and being eaten

IMG_1454.jpg

Yes, he wanted a Taco for breakfast; he is defiantly his Aunts Nephew

So we arrive in the Downtown Disney parking lot around 8:30 to very light crowds

IMG_1455.jpg

We head up towards Rain Forest Café and ESPN Zone to walk to the front gates.

IMG_1456.jpg

It is a very pleasant walk through DTD with a stop at the fountain by House of Blues for a picture.

IMG_1458.jpg

When we got the security check point we were surprised to see that the long lines we had feared where not there.

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

We were the next person in line at the ticket booth to renew Boot Straps pass

IMG_1461.jpg

Then it was Boot Strap’s turn

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

We were then directed to the Guest Relations window on the outside of DCA’s main gate, we always renew our pass’s by mail so this was new to us. When we got there Boot Strap’s pass was already printed and we were ready to hit the park.

IMG_1469.jpg

The esplanade was not very crowded at all, we were hoping this theme carried over to the park itself

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

When we got to the turnstile we were able to walk right up and hand over our passes and then we were in and took the traditional pictures

Floral Mickey picture

IMG_1470.jpg

The Firehouse picture

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

More to come as we head into the park

Glad you liked it, it has given me something to do since my WDW report is over.

Should have more up to day, hopefully I won't take as long as I did with my WDW report.

Just saw your pre-trip, it's getting closer

Glad you liked it, it has given me something to do since my WDW report is over.

Should have more up to day, hopefully I won't take as long as I did with my WDW report.

Just saw your pre-trip, it's getting closer

Loved it! I absolutely love reading your TR's! Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Following Serendipity's instructions and posting the second half of our day
(Jay will be learning how to do this soon)

Boot Strap wanted to start the day with a ride on Big Thunder so off to Frontierland we go

IMG_1496.jpg

The crowds were still very light

IMG_1495.jpg

Big Thunder had a very short wait of about 5 minutes

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

After getting off the ride the first time Boot Strap wanted to go it again, so off they went.

After the second ride on Big Thunder we headed over to the Sailing Ship Columbia that was tied up at the dock for walking tours.

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

Boot Strap brought the ship around to bear on the enemy

IMG_1488.jpg

He took aim with his trusty canon

IMG_1490.jpg

But alas he missed the broadside shot and was punished

IMG_1489.jpg

Well enough of this Pirating stuff let’s go save the universe with Buzz,
So we head off to Tomorrowland, with a stop first at the shooting gallery

IMG_1494.jpg

Then a stop to feed the ducks

IMG_1498.jpg

There was a Mom, Dad and three Teenagers

IMG_1497.jpg

We were finally on our way to Buzz by way of the hub,

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

We made a stop because Boot Strap wanted to take a picture with his favorite character

IMG_1501.jpg

Ok maybe this is someone else’s favorite character.

We could see that Buzz had a very long line so Sorceress headed off to get Fast Passes for it while Boot Strap and I decided where to head next.

When Sorceress got back with the Fast Passes we told her we had decided to go back to Toontown so off we went. As we were walking past Alice in Wonderland Boot Strap said he had never been on this ride and would like to go. So they got in line

IMG_1504.jpg

The crowds seemed to be increasing, but in about 10 minutes they were on the ride and headed for Wonderland

IMG_1505.jpg

This is when the camera died, because yours truly forgot to check on the battery status before we left this morning. So I’m afraid the rest of the report will be with out pictures.

After Alice we headed to Toontown, we did Goofy’s House, Minnie’s House, Mickey’s House and finally Donald’s Boat. Whew!

We started to do Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, but the stand by line was out the door so we passed and played with the interactive Manhole Covers, Mailboxes and Shipping crates and finished off with Boot Strap blowing up the Fireworks Factory.

Man pictures would have been so cool here, DOH!!

It was now about noon so we decided that we would head over to the Grand California to have lunch at White Water Snacks.

On our way out we used our Fast Passes for Buzz and after about a 2 minute wait we were off to save the galaxy from The Evil Zurg. With the galaxy safe once again we headed to the front gates and to the hotel using the Downtown Disney entrance.

We got to White Water and started getting our drinks when a woman walked past me on her way out of the snack bar; I recognized her right away as a actress, but could not put a name with the face. It was only after I heard some Cast Members talking who were also trying to figure out her name and one of them mentioned the movie “A League of their Own” that is when I turned to Sorceress who had not seen her and told her the name of the movie and described the women I had seen as ‘Tall with Reddish hair” then she said “You mean Geena Davis”

YES that is exactly who I mean

QUICK take a picture…No battery left in the camera….DOH

So I told the cast members that I had figured it out (Ok, does it really matter who figured it out) and we were all relieved that we wouldn’t be up all night trying to remember her name.

Now she had attempted to dress down, jeans, t-shirt, hair pulled back no make up on, in an attempt to go unnoticed, there was just one problem with her plan, even with her attempt to dress down she was still a stunningly attractive woman.

So after the excitement we ordered our food and sat down for a nice relaxing meal, and I have to say that Sorceress and I needed the rest. We had forgotten how exhausting running around the park with a five year old was.

Sorceress was able to get one more picture out of the camera

IMG_1506.jpg

And Yes Nugget we let him eat what ever he wanted

After we finished lunch we headed back out to the parking lot and home.

It was a very nice day and we really enjoyed our time with Boot Strap even if he thought it was just OK

Geena Davis!!!! That's amazing! I adore her. I'm so jealous right now!

Anywhoo, another great installment. You're getting me really excited for our upcoming trip.

I love the pictures of boot strap on The Sailing Ship Columbia. I also love the picture of the castle, you really got a beautiful shot!

His favorite character ::eyebrow raise:::rolleyes1

I didn't realize Goofy had a house so I'm excited to check it out :goodvibes

All the interactive stuff by Roger Rabbit sounds really fun as well.

Can't wait to read more, and see more of your coast!

:cool1: Great pictures and trip report, we'll be there in June for the first time and I loved seeing all the pictures!!!!!! bootstrap is a cutie!!!:hippie: :banana: :surfweb:

Goofster!!!! Another trippie :dance3: :yay: :banana:

I don't have time to read and comment right now because I've been catching up on the other side and I'm now behind with my suzy duties but I will be back later.

Why didn't you PM me about the new one anyhow? :mad:

Later dude :cool1:

I can see my own DD5 sitting on the couch all dressed and ready to go, so I had to laugh when I read that! :rotfl: Disneyland looks SO cool--we've never been. It's a little far from home and finances haven't allowed us to venture that far. Besides, I'm not sure I want to take energizer-bunny DD5 and ADHD DD9 on a plane for that long! And WOW! Geena Davis! I love her! That is just too cool--too bad the camera had died.

or just staying home and letting him torment the girls.

Hmmmmmm...I wonder where he gets that from?:rolleyes1

Goofster said:
I am always up around 5ish everyday, don’t know why it has been that way for decades now.

What is the matter with you?? :faint:

Goofster said:
She proceeds to tell me that she got up at 6:30 and went out to find that Boot Strap was already dressed sitting on the couch, when she asked him why he was up and dressed he told her he was ready to go to Disneyland.

awwwwwwwww......that's so cute :goodvibes

Goofster said:
This is when she informs me that she didn’t have the heart to tell him we weren’t going to Disneyland so I needed to get up and get ready so we could try and beat the crowds to get his pass renewed.

How could she not? Way to be the favourite Aunt, Sorceress :thumbsup2

Goofster said:
But alas he missed the broadside shot and was punished

:rotfl2:

Goofster said:
This is when the camera died, because yours truly forgot to check on the battery status before we left this morning. So I’m afraid the rest of the report will be with out pictures.

You were going to DL and FORGOT to check the battery? Hooboy :sad2:

Goofster said:
‘Tall with Reddish hair” then she said “You mean Geena Davis”

YES that is exactly who I mean

QUICK take a picture…No battery left in the camera….DOH

OMG - Are you just joking? If not, that is soooo cool :cool2:

I would have deleted some other pictures from the camera to get that shot!!!

For some reason I think you're pulling our leg :rolleyes1

Goofster said:
And Yes Nugget we let him eat what ever he wanted

:rotfl:

That was a fun one day trip report! I really enjoyed it because I've never seen pictures of DL. I've never been to this side of the DIS boards either.

Thanks for sharing your special day with Bootstrap. I wish I had an aunt & uncle who took me to DL or WDW when I was a kid. :thumbsup2

Goofster said:
Check me out being all PC

ummmm....what does PC stand for???

Hmmmmmm...I wonder where he gets that from?:rolleyes1

I have no idea :confused3

What is the matter with you?? :faint:

I don’t know, I have always been an early riser, unlike the rest of my family that could sleep until noon.

You were going to DL and FORGOT to check the battery? Hooboy :sad2:

Hey, I never said I was Smart

OMG - Are you just joking? If not, that is soooo cool :cool2:

For some reason I think you're pulling our leg :rolleyes1

No this time I was awake and she was really there.
I have seen a number of Celebrities at the resort, the most recent have been
The Rollof Family from the TLC channel show “Little People Big World”
Teri Hatcher from Desperate Housewives

You just have to keep your eyes open

That was a fun one day trip report! I really enjoyed it because I've never seen pictures of DL. I've never been to this side of the DIS boards either.

I am hoping to remember to charge the camera and post a trippie a couple of times a month

what does PC stand for???

Politically Correct

Since I used the proper word instead of using Fart

OOPPPPS :rotfl2:

What a fun day w/Bootstrap. How adorable that he was sitting on the couch waiting for you to get up so you all could go to the Big D. He may have said the day was 'okay' but I bet he told all his friends how his aunt & uncle took him to Disneyland (even if he had to take a picture by "someone's" favorite character). ;)

I can see that his idea of "walking" to the park is slightly different than yours. Lucky that you got to see Geena Davis. I'm so oblivious, it's rare that I notice any celebrities there.

Very nice report & enjoyed your tongue in cheek comments.

ummmm, those WERE tongue in cheek comments, right?

Very nice report & enjoyed your tongue in cheek comments.

ummmm, those WERE tongue in cheek comments, right?

Absolutely, I would never say anything that would get me in trouble with the Board Moderators. :confused3

How have you and the kids (strike that) Young Adults been, haven’t seen you at the park lately.

How are things at good ole NG?

I figured that when they laid me off seven years ago the place would fold up.

Are you still over in El Segundo?

Enjoyed reading your TR...thanks for sharing! The crowds look almost non-existant...when was this??

Enjoyed reading your TR...thanks for sharing! The crowds look almost non-existant...when was this??

Just last Sunday

The first few hours were really nice, but about noon the crowds were growing.

That's what is nice about just being down the road and having Annual Passes.

We run in for a couple hours early in the day and leave when the crowds start showing up

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for commenting

I vote that you keep this as on ongoing TR. Kind of like "Goofster's Adventures in the land". I'd love it!

How have you and the kids (strike that) Young Adults been, haven’t seen you at the park lately.

How are things at good ole NG?

I figured that when they laid me off seven years ago the place would fold up.

Are you still over in El Segundo?

I look for you every time we go. We don't go as often as we used to. Lesley, Chris (Califgirl), Kelly, & I are going to play Mouseadventures next Sunday, so that should be fun. :)

NG is the same, yet not the same, but it's good for me. I'm hoping that I can hang on until I can decently retire, but we'll see what happens. It did take the company a long time to recover after that major lapse in judgment 7 years ago, but they're hanging on. I'm still in ES - working in the 203 bldg. these days.

I was looking at your trip reports, and noticed you were in WDW in '99 at the same time we were - or, at least our dates overlapped. We got there the 26th and stayed until July 5th. My TR is on the Passporter website, if it's still there. :)

Hope to catch you & the family in the parks.

I vote that you keep this as on ongoing TR. Kind of like "Goofster's Adventures in the land". I'd love it!

I think I may just do that, maybe take a diffrent land each time we go and do it more like a pictorial trip report

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter