Dineyland w/Pics: updated 4/22/08, Pin Fun? pg 89 #1325

Yay DL....I am getting pumped now for our trip...i'm so excited!!! More pics please! :)

Hi Kat :wave:

Yes, more pics. I'm not fussy on which ones Goofster because I haven't seen many from DL.

What do you mean by dragging your wife to the park? Doesn't Sorceress like to go or is it because she's been so many times?

What do you mean by dragging your wife to the park? Doesn't Sorceress like to go or is it because she's been so many times?

YES

No not really, we used to go every Sunday, but we are cutting back a little and doing other things together on Sundays.

We go to the Pier or the Swap Meet, maybe catch a movie, she is trying to expand my horizons and help me to realize that there is more to life then Disney.

Step 1

Hello, I’m Keith, I’m a Disneyholic

HI KEITH

YES

No not really, we used to go every Sunday, but we are cutting back a little and doing other things together on Sundays.

We go to the Pier or the Swap Meet, maybe catch a movie, she is trying to expand my horizons and help me to realize that there is more to life then Disney.

Step 1

HI KEITH

Being a Disneyholic, isn't a bad thing :)!!

Step 1

HI KEITH

:rotfl:

Is there??? :confused3

Being a Disneyholic, isn't a bad thing :)!!

I totally agree, but don't let my wife know I feel that way or she'll make me go to two meetings a week and give up my Goofy night light

I told you I would come over here!! YAY! I'm here...

so best part of this TR so far... where you wanted to get breakfast! I was rolling... :rotfl2: This is great. :) But I want MORE! haha. And there's nothing wrong with being addicted to Disney.

So, I'm from California, but after a summer of being in the WDW parks every day, I am starting to forget what's at DLR and how everything works down there. The last time I went I was about... 18? I think... so it was two years ago for a couple of days, and before that, I think I was 15 or something. So it's been a while. But I should be going this summer! I'm so excited!

I told you I would come over here!! YAY! I'm here...

I knew you were a women of your word

so best part of this TR so far... where you wanted to get breakfast! I was rolling...

I really don't even know what that place is...:confused3

But I want MORE!

My plans are to accomadate that, I am going to start taking more pictures when I go and doing more of a Pictorial Trip report. I really miss not having an active TR going.

Well, well, well.

This is where everyone went right under my nose behind my back!! :rolleyes1

Goofster,

I decided to take a little trip cross country to the DL TR Board for a little visit... boy, do I envy you! Right down the road from DisneyLand!

That's what I'd like to do when I retire.... just pop over to a Disney park for a few hours whenever I could. Just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere... :cloud9:

Your nephew, Bootstrap, is one lucky ducky!

Kathy

Hey Kathy,
Thanks for coming over and reading.

It really is cool to be so close, we can get from our Garage to the turnstiles in about 10-15 minutes. Even after 22 years of having passes we still enjoy it.

Just checking for some weekend updates :surfweb:

I did a solo trip to the parks yesterday and should have something up soon

soon/sun/ –adverb, -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.

2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.

Sorceress was headed out to UCLA (Go Bruins) for a work related Boon-Doggle, so I found myself on a Solo Trip to Disneyland.

A few people (you know who you are) have asked me to chronicle my adventures at the park with pictures, so I figured this would be a good opportunity to do just that.

I decided that I would try and approach this logically (no peanut gallery comments) and start with Main Street USA, so here we go.

I got to the Downtown Disney parking lot around 7:30 a.m. and made my way to the Main Gate.

The lamp post in DTD were sporting some new advertisement

Disneyland4-29-07001.jpg

DTD was pretty much empty at that time

Disneyland4-29-07003.jpg

I got to and through the bag check table fairly quickly where they post park hours and closed attractions

Disneyland4-29-07004.jpg

Once through bag check I entered the esplanade area to find the lines for Disneyland past the Monorail Beam.

Disneyland4-29-07005.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07006.jpg

The park was due to open at 8:00 a.m. this morning, so while I was waiting I took these pictures of the ‘Were Dreams Come True” banners that decorate the esplanade lamp posts.

Disneyland4-29-07007.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07008.jpg

I finally joined the entrance line at 8:00 a.m.

Disneyland4-29-07009.jpg

Man could I have used the assistance of Buzz and his GAT Skills

Interesting side not:
There were two young ladies in front of me in line; they were joined by their brother who turned around and waved at someone to come up and join them. When I turned around there was a group of about 8-10 people walking up to the line that appeared to be some more family members. At this point there were probably 30 people behind me and I was thinking this could get ugly, sometimes when big groups join other people that already in line there might be some hard feelings. So as this boy was waving the rest of his family up to join them a women, who I am guessing was the mother in a loud and firm voice stated “We are not going to cut in front of all of these people, you get yourselves back her with us”. I was a little surprised; I don’t think that I have ever seen that happen before most people just join up

Now I am not expressing an opinion if joining up is “Right” or “Wrong” I am relating what I saw.

Ok, so now I was three people closer to the turnstiles, I got to and through the turnstiles at 8:10

Disneyland4-29-07010.jpg

I went in the left tunnel and I was on Main Street.

Disneyland4-29-07011.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07012.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07013.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07014.jpg

I had never noticed this camera on top of the Fire House before

Disneyland4-29-07015.jpg

Here are the side facades of the Emporium shop on Main Street

Disneyland4-29-07016.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07017.jpg

As you can see Main Street was pretty empty, since there was no rope drop this day, I am pretty sure everyone was headed to their favorite attractions.

I decided that I would walk through the Emporium and take some pictures for some people that seem to “Love” to shop. Now I won’t embarrass them by posting their names here.

blue_river, Serendipity, Linnie the Pooh, KathyRN137

(but if you click and highlight the area above...I'm just saying)

Disneyland4-29-07018.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07019.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07020.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07022.jpg

I think I have reached my limit for pictures so I will continue this on another thread.

Hope you enjoy what is here so far and I should have some more up later.

Goofster, This is so………. well way kewl! It’s like your going to take us through Disney! That means that I get to go twice this year. This report will help me get though the next nine weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Great pics..it's def getting me in the mood for my trip too! :) I need a Disney fix!

Love all the pics! What a great idea.. now can you do this for us weekly... :)

Question: Why was there no rope drop? Is this something they do every other day? When we went last year we went 2 separate days (Wed and Fri) and there was a rope drop both days....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter