Digital Scrapping FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is SBC+ easier? What is SBC+?

DH would probably be pissed if I ditched the PSE he just got me for Xmas!

SBC+ is StoryBook Creator Plus from Creative Memories. It is all I have ever used, but find it very user friendly. I imagine it would not go over too well in your house though. :goodvibes

Good luck!

Yep. SBC+ is from Creative Memories. It only costs about $60. PSE is still useful for editing and organizing photos, even if you don't end up using it to digi-scrap. Just sayin' ;)

:goodvibes Thanks! I've looked at so many tutorials my head is spinning. :scared: :confused3 I'll check out that site tomorrow. Building from kits and other things is easier. It's the cute templates and layers and this layer above that layer in order to this layer...:rotfl: Can't we all just put it on one layer? Phew!!! I think Physics was easier.

My advice: don't give up the digiscrapping and also, don't be afraid to ask a ton of questions. This board is full of wonderful people who will share their knowledge. There is a variety of programs used here so there will always be someone to help. So, ask away!!

PSE is easy once you get the hang of it. I found the tutorial for PSE at scrapbook elements very useful. It just takes time to practice and learn.. But, once you get going it is super easy. ;)

LMK if you have questions with PSE. i will try to walk you thru it. It is the only program i have ever used in digi, and have been using it for about 3 years.

I just started playing with PSE yesterday. I thought it would be easier to do the picture a day for a year with digital...Although I am a little frustrated, I did complete my first layout. It is very simple, but I did it!!!:cool1: I have a feeling I will be asking a ton of questions.:teeth:

When I started with PSE 5, I took a free online class through HP Online...it is a beginning PSE class and shows you how to get started...you might want to check it out...

I just started playing with PSE yesterday. I thought it would be easier to do the picture a day for a year with digital...Although I am a little frustrated, I did complete my first layout. It is very simple, but I did it!!!:cool1: I have a feeling I will be asking a ton of questions.:teeth:

Good for you!! It will get easier and easier. :):)

When I started with PSE 5, I took a free online class through HP Online...it is a beginning PSE class and shows you how to get started...you might want to check it out...

Do you have a link for the online class? Thanks!

I took the class a little over a year ago, and right now the only PSE class I see is on touching up photos with PSE7...

http://h30240.www3.hp.com/courses/o...sionId=106966&campusId=1303&webPageId=1000017

they change classes every 5-6 weeks though, so you might keep an eye out here...sorry they don't have the one I took right now :confused3 It addressed Digital Scrapbooking specifically with PSE (Adobe used to offer a 30-day free trial if you want to play before you buy) and how to create a layout and it even got into how to make your own elements a little towards the end of the class...

Good luck!

I'm determined to figure it out, but it is nice to know there are other things out there to try as well. I just need a day or two away from it and then I'll go back with a new train of thought.Whoever posted about the class...LMK....I'd love to check it out too.

For PSE, also check out Scrap Girls University. They have a "scrapbook software secrets revealed" They have different ones for different versions of PSE. The downside is that it is not free ($30; but less if you wait for a sale) The upside is that these are video tutorials where you can watch and hear the process. You can watch these over and over. They start with the very basics of how to open a document and then go into using shadows, text, masks, etc.

:worship: :worship: Yay!!!! I think I've got it. Ok well some of it. I figured out how to use the marquis tool to cut/crop the photo into a shape on a quick page kit I bought! Then onto the heart shaped one..had to use the cookie cutter tool and apparently it doesn't let you copy and paste..you finagle it somehow. I'll have to try it again in the morning.

I bought this really cute Year in Review quick page kit from

http://digitreats.typepad.com/ and it's so cute and I was getting frustrated that I wouldn't be able to use it.

One step at a time. Do I have to flatten a page when I am done with it and before I save it as a JPEG so I can't print it at Costco?

Hello everyone, I'm glad I found this thread. I am hoping to join in a online challenge over at SM and wanted to know if anyone could help with creating a photo mat and photo collage, I can seem to make it look right (I want it to be evenly spaced) I know there is a technique. Any tips are welcomed and appreciated. Here is the LO I want to use as inspiration. I have PSE6http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/8465

thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm glad I found this thread. I am hoping to join in a online challenge over at SM and wanted to know if anyone could help with creating a photo mat and photo collage, I can seem to make it look right (I want it to be evenly spaced) I know there is a technique. Any tips are welcomed and appreciated. Here is the LO I want to use as inspiration. I have PSE6http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/8465

thanks!
Sheri, I don't use PSE but I'm sure it must have some kind of grid. In PSP if I click on "view" I can check mark "grid" and it will put a grid over my LO. I use it to make pics the same size, to line them up evenly and I've started to use it to do my titles as well. Someone is sure to come along who can help more but for now see if you have something like that.
As far as the frame in that LO, most likely it's a storyboard. So have a look at the credits and then you can google the designer if you want that particular one.

I love those pre-made collages. I have downloaded some from www.scrapbooksetc.com. I've tried doing them but sometimes when I put the picture in and use the tool to resize the picture the picture comes out skewed. What am I doing wrong?

I finally have my WDW digital scrapbook pages complete, and am going through the process of getting them ready for print (i.e. resizing, saving as high res jpeg)...my problem is that I am halfway through my task and now when I try to save as jpeg, I get an error that they program has encountered an error...it happens every time now...I've even tried to re-install PSE...has anyone ever encountered this and/or have any suggestions? :confused3

Thanks!

Cheryl

Question for someone out there...I am using Photoshop and have been mildly successful using papers and all the typical process. I have tried using my first quick page. When I resize my picture to fit in the box, how do I get the layer to go behind the borders and decoration that's supposed to show around and on top of the picture? Any help for a newbie would be great?

Question for someone out there...I am using Photoshop and have been mildly successful using papers and all the typical process. I have tried using my first quick page. When I resize my picture to fit in the box, how do I get the layer to go behind the borders and decoration that's supposed to show around and on top of the picture? Any help for a newbie would be great?
I don't use PS but I think I can help. if your quick page has a back round layer just drag your photos in between the layers and then rearrange them until they are in the right spot.
If your QP is only a single layer then you have to create a back round layer. So go to file, "new" and punch in the size you're using (usually 12x12). Lay the quick page on top of that then photos in between them.
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter