Digital Scrapping FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think I got a page saved. I save it as a PSE format and then saved another copy in jpeg so I can upload it and post it. So tell me how I did! I think I'm going to like digi scrapbooking!

layout3.jpg

So when I have my photo's picked out and am ready to creat my layout I'll hit the create button, right? OK so pse 7 create opens up and it asked me "what would you like to create?". I plan on making ordering photobooks in the end, so do I click on Photo book, (I'm not making a calendar so I know i'm not using that one), or Photo Collage?

What do I do from here? I have manage to make two layout pages using photo collage but I'm not sure thats what I should be doing. Now, back to when I open pse7 the program brings up my two layouts that I have put together. What do I do with these if I want to start a new page. I can't figure out how to get these off my screen!!!

I have PSE6 which is a little different, but I can try to answer your remaining questions:
1. I create layouts in the edit mode just like Steno and momloveseeyore said.
2. If you want to order a photobook or collage through PSE, you will have to use the pre-made backgrounds and just add your photos into them. Then PSE somehow sends them to Kodak. At least this is how it works for PSE6. What I do is use my own background paper/embellishments/etc that I have purchased and create my own layout. Then I send it to Shutterfly for a digital photobook (there are other companies that do this, but with Kodak you have to use their pre-made pages)
3. When you have your 2 layouts open and you want to start a new page, you have 2 options: you could save your layouts and then close them OR you can minimize them and File>open a new document.

Your first LO is great! Keep going!!

Thanks so much for your help! I've made a couple more layouts but they are all basic like my first one. I downloaded a ton of free stuff but I think I'm going to buy a couple too. I've seen so many cute things online!!!! Maybe I should sell all my scrapbooking things and just go digital all the way. It's way faster than traditional.

One more question if you all don't mine. How do I jourinal on my pages?

Thanks Sabrina

One more question if you all don't mine. How do I jourinal on my pages?

Thanks Sabrina

Please ask all the questions you would like; I owe my knowledge to the ladies from DIS so I am happy to help someone else. To journal: there should be a side bar that has a "T" on it (probably for "text") Click on it. Then a bar will appear on the top where you can choose font, size, center vs left/right align etc. Then click wherever you would like your text to appear and start typing. If you would like to type into a text box, click and hold with the left side of your mouse and drag down a box. You can then use the side arrows to change the shape of your box.

dafont.com has tons of free fonts. Fonts for Peas is another site that has free sites (I particularly like this site)

Another thing to try on your LOs is shadowing. Look at the "effects" palate on the right side of your screen. There should be a drop-down box called drop shadows. You can choose which shadow you want and that click "apply" (make sure the layer that you want to have the shadow is selected first) This will add some extra dimension to your LO. Want to go another step? After applying the shadow, double click on the blue "fx" that is on the selected layer. A pop-up box will appear and you can change the color, size of your shadow.

Are you addicted yet? :)

Please ask all the questions you would like; I owe my knowledge to the ladies from DIS so I am happy to help someone else. To journal: there should be a side bar that has a "T" on it (probably for "text") Click on it. Then a bar will appear on the top where you can choose font, size, center vs left/right align etc. Then click wherever you would like your text to appear and start typing. If you would like to type into a text box, click and hold with the left side of your mouse and drag down a box. You can then use the side arrows to change the shape of your box.

dafont.com has tons of free fonts. Fonts for Peas is another site that has free sites (I particularly like this site)

Another thing to try on your LOs is shadowing. Look at the "effects" palate on the right side of your screen. There should be a drop-down box called drop shadows. You can choose which shadow you want and that click "apply" (make sure the layer that you want to have the shadow is selected first) This will add some extra dimension to your LO. Want to go another step? After applying the shadow, double click on the blue "fx" that is on the selected layer. A pop-up box will appear and you can change the color, size of your shadow.

Are you addicted yet? :)

Thanks so much. This is the kind of stuff I need to know!! I'm going to go and try the shadowing right now!! I'll post back and let you know how it went!!

Ok I tried the shadowing and my layout looks so much better. Still not totally great but I'm getting there!!! Thanks for all the help everyone and Thanks to everyone who took the time to design the papers and embleshments!
page1.jpg

Super informative!!! Digital is awesome, now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all my old traditional supplies! lol I started using them to make books for my friends for their birthdays...

All this information in one place is great! Thank you!! :) I'm just getting started on my first digital book from our Disney trip last week. It's seems a little overwhelming learning all the things you can do in PSE.

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter