Digital Scrappers - Post Pages Here II: Will be unstuck on 4/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just starting to think about working in digital scrapbooking and have so many questions!
What program do you all use? I just got a new laptop with Vista and after looking at everyone's amazing layouts am thinking of giving it a try. Do the prgrams work on Vista?
How do you print your layouts once they're done? Do you send them to an online printer and have them print them as 12x12?

Any pointers would be great!
Keep up the great work! All the pages are amazing!

Welcome!
To answer your questions:
The programs will work on Vista (at least mine does); some of us print our pages at home, others send them out to be printed as pages, others will have a company (like shutterfly, CM, snapfish) bind a book. Some print as 12x12, and others as 8x8, but I suggest you create them as 12x12 because you can change them to be smaller, but they won't look good if you enlarge them.
I would suggest starting with the sticky titled "digital scrapping FAQ" Fran did a great job on this with answers to so many questions. Additionally feel free to ask any questions here as well. This is a great group of people; they got me started and they are still helping me!

The_Gift_of_Family_-_Page_052.jpg

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/19252

Awesome Christy! I just saw that paper pack at Sweet Shoppe today. By the way, did you also see the templates for the 365-project that were there?

I think I have turned into a kit-collector/message-board-subscriber; I wish I could get back to being a scrapper.

Here is my lo for today...
all credits are from Erica Zane. (Except brushes)

This is my dd and my lil' nephew meeting SB.

sleepbeauty.jpg

WOWWIE!! There have been such beautiful LOs posted. You all have been working while I was sleeping!

Ceeliebell you use PSE6, right? So, do it. I got my best help from Wen (here on the DIS boards -- thanks again Wen!) Here are some tuts, but please ask any questions you may have.

1. This one is from Britt. It's great, but keep in mind that she uses Photoshop which has more bells/whistles, but the basic idea is there. http://scrapmatters.com/wordpress/2008/01/21/what-matters-monday-shadows/
2. This one is based on PSE
http://scrapmatters.com/wordpress/2008/11/22/the-saturday-special-3/
3. This last one is from Happy Scrap Girl. She has 4 different ways to shadow in PSE5 (pretty similar to PSE6) You have to scroll ALL THE WAY down to the Aug 1, 2007 entry.
http://happyscrapgirl.blogspot.com/search?q=drop+shadow

Hope this gets you started.

Suzi, Thanks for the links, I was able to check them. They were helpful, I just need to practice and practice some more. I can really tell I have had extra time on my hands, here's another layout:

I am just starting to think about working in digital scrapbooking and have so many questions!
What program do you all use? I just got a new laptop with Vista and after looking at everyone's amazing layouts am thinking of giving it a try. Do the prgrams work on Vista?
How do you print your layouts once they're done? Do you send them to an online printer and have them print them as 12x12?

Any pointers would be great!
Keep up the great work! All the pages are amazing!

I use CM Storybook because I find it faster and easier then Photoshop Elements, but I do ocassionally use Elements. Storybook works with Vista an earlier versions. I have also read they are looking at having a Mac version later this year.

I have done books and prints through CM Photocenter, Prints at Scrapbook to Share, and printed smaller pages on my own printer.

If you have photoshop I would download some freebies and give it a try first. There ae some great tutorials for getting started with Photshop and Photoshop Elements.

Goodluck!!!

I cannot believe how many LO people have done. Caitsmama I love the Sleeping Beauty LO. Off to work on mine

Sheri-Love your newest LO's. I really should do a year in review kind of LO!
Heather-What a great memory. Love your work (as always)!
Caitsmama-That's a great Sleeping Beauty page! Yeah, the baptism...a Southern Baptist thing. :goodvibes
Christy-Wow...you have been busy. I love all your recent LO's. The colors in Minnie's house are great!
I hope I did not leave anyone out! :)

Suzi-What's funny is I don't even use PSE! But I'm happy to try and help whenever I can. I learned you can translate tuts for programs almost always.

Christy-What a beautiful LO! That is such a great picture too!

Caits-So pretty! Perfect Sleepin Beauty LO!

Sheri-Such a pretty page! Love the pictures too!

Here is my latest. Again rare for me to use one kit but the colors in this matched their jammies perfectly. It's even rarer for me to use a template but I loved, loved Melissa's original LO and was so excited when she gave the template away.
(click for credits)

History's Muse - When we went to the battlefield I didn't know that it was supposed to be Clio on top, but took a bunch of photos because I liked it. One of the things I love about monuments at Civil War battlefields is how they incorporated symbolism and metaphors into them.

Image is linked

Sheri, love that lo - the colors are so bright and fun!!

Wen, You were right, that kit is perfect for those pics!! Great job!!

Melissa, nice lo! Love the focus on your pics!

Wen-Love the colors and the LO is aswesome.

Melissa-That is such a gorgeous LO....and educational

Here is one quickie for me this a.m. - i am off to Boston for lunch to meet a cousin that i have never met. I am looking forward to meeting her, but not looking forward to walking around the city in the cold... (i hate the cold! LOL) And yes, i am bringing my camera! ;)

airport.jpg

ETA: Wow, that white bg totally blends in!!

You all have such beautiful layouts that I almost don't want to post mine. But I loved Melissa's free template and want to let her know I used it too!

200707PSLforwebcopy.jpg

Template - Melissa
Papers and embellishments - Scrapbook Flair's Fourth of July 2008 freebie
Happy Scrap Girl - Worn Out Overlays
"July" letters - Just for Fun freebie by Marie Stones

CCintrigue,

I love the layout and the colors. Great work and glad you decided to share it with us.

Wow -- everyone has been so busy....

Melissa -- I hust love that LO -- it's so classic... love your shadows and the clean lines.

Caits -- OMGosh -- I totally LOVE that -- it's perfect. It looks like a magazine ad. I'm totally going to lift you.

CCintrigue -- What are you talking about? Your LO is wonderful. Please keep posting for us to see. :):) I love those tattered papers -- great use of Happy's overlays....Adorable pics... Love how you used the template and made it into a 2 pager... great idea! :goodvibes

Thanks for your kind words.

Here's the message I posted on the old thread yesterday before I realized a new one was started:

Hello to everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile and getting some great tips. Thanks to all of you!

I've been a scrapbooker for years but have recently gone digital. I also do a lot of video editing and use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Premiere. I'm in the process of scrapbooking the highlights of my life -- two-page spreads for each topic. When I get caught up to date, I plan to transfer the pages to a video documentary set to music for my kids. Sort of a family history.

I found Miss Kim's "Road Trip" freebie kit and loved it so I threw together this layout using it. Thanks, Kim!

200801Disneyforweb.jpg

Stamp and Mickey button -- Britt-ish Designs
Title - Disney stickers that I scanned
Everything else is from Miss Kim

Anyway, since I'm trying to cram each significant event into a two-page spread, I have way too many pictures on each page. When I get back to my normal scrapbooking, I'll have less pictures, more journaling, and more white space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter