Digital Membership Cards?

You have to show the affiliation piece, not the front Since you don’t need the DVC design. You can have any.

White card owners…well those who are coded correctly..will have DVC ND…that is clear for CMs vs, DVC Y. Much different than blue vs white.

I saw the video, I know what is says. I am just saying my feeling. What will happen is the CM will see the DVC magic mobile and go ok cool. Nothing is going to change. I might be wrong. But if they couldnt figure out different white vs blue. What tells you they will care about Y vs ND or just card.

The white digital card now shows: "Until you have your new digital pass, you can use the digital version of your current Membership Card(s). View your card(s) below. Then, just show a printed copy or screenshot along with a valid photo ID to access your benefits." while my blue one says "At this time, you can also view and print a digital version of your card below. "

My white card and blue cards are the same as they have been. I just meant they didn’t add the affiliation to those temporary cards.

Hmmmm - but that "card" itself can't actually be used or tell a CM anything correct? Just wondering if I'm missing something about that statement as it seems incomplete for my understanding of how it's working.

Correct…you have to show the DVC Y to get the discount. And that only shows when added to the wallet or Google Pay.

My white card and blue cards are the same as they have been. I just meant they didn’t add the affiliation to those temporary cards.
I'm just curious how long they will keep the temporary cards available. If they don't get rid of them then this was all for nothing really (other than not sending out new physical cards).

I saw the video, I know what is says. I am just saying my feeling. What will happen is the CM will see the DVC magic mobile and go ok cool. Nothing is going to change. I might be wrong. But if they couldnt figure out different white vs blue. What tells you they will care about Y vs ND or just card.

ND means no discount. Again, there may be some who get a CM who doesn’t check affiliation, but seeing ND vs, Y is much clearer than blue vs white.

Just saying flashing the DVC card picture may not work as much as the white card did when CMs are being trained to look for the Y

I'm just curious how long they will keep the temporary cards available. If they don't get rid of them then this was all for nothing really (other than not sending out new physical cards).

The CM yesterday on chat said soon, once the known glitches are adjusted. So, we shall see because the first CM a few days ago said they were removing them Monday…which did not happen.

ND means no discount. Again, there may be some who get a CM who doesn’t check affiliation, but seeing ND vs, Y is much clearer than blue vs white.

Just saying flashing the DVC card picture may not work as much as the white card did when CMs are being trained to look for the Y.

I guess I dont see the difference. To me a color vs a small letter is much easier to notice or care about. I can just image Christmas week in the Emporium 30+ people in line. And the CM going you have to show me the Y, and the customer going what. Here is my pass and it holding up lines. If it isnt scannable then nothing has changed.

For those that use Google Pay, but don't want to add a credit card. I just checked my Google Pay account and my DVC is showing up. It's asking to add a credit card, but doesn't look like you have to. (I didn't) You can still access your DVC card and QR code. Hope this helps.

I guess I dont see the difference. To me a color vs a small letter is much easier to notice or care about. I can just image Christmas week in the Emporium 30+ people in line. And the CM going you have to show me the Y, and the customer going what. Here is my pass and it holding up lines. If it isnt scannable then nothing has changed.

I agree with no scanning, it makes it possible but trying to remember a color would be harder for someone new then to see DVC Y.

Correct…you have to show the DVC Y to get the discount. And that only shows when added to the wallet or Google Pay.

Ok! I was wondering if I needed to fiddle with my MDE to get it to show the affiliations. The only place I've seen it is once it's in Google pay.

So MDE is just a step in the process which I think most find to be rather ridiculous. It should be the thing or the DVC site should be the thing, not just a step to add it to a smartphone wallet if that wallet still has to be opened to use it. The phone wallet could be an option but should not be the main.

Never would have dreamt that the DVC membership card could be convoluted enough to require this much thought. :crazy:

I'm struggling to see where the challenge for the CM lies. If you want a discount, you have been told by DVC to open the digital card in your wallet, and show the affiliation on the back side to the CM. Simple. All the CM needs to know is:1. Guest must show back side of card, 2. Card must say DVC Y. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm not sure where all of this assumed bottlenecking would occur, unless some entitled DVC knob decides they don't want to show their card, or feel it shouldn't say DVC ND..

In case anyone is interested, they have updated the FAQs…and yes, the silly answer about not having a smartphone still says use a smartphone.

It certainly doesn’t sound like they have any intention at this point of having an alternative option for owners to receive the discounts.

I'm struggling to see where the challenge for the CM lies. If you want a discount, you have been told by DVC to open the digital card in your wallet, and show the affiliation on the back side to the CM. Simple. All the CM needs to know is:1. Guest must show back side of card, 2. Card must say DVC Y. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm not sure where all of this assumed bottlenecking would occur, unless some entitled DVC knob decides they don't want to show their card, or feel it shouldn't say DVC ND..
Blue vs White was pretty straightforward as well and yet here we are.

Again, reputable data from multiple sources indicates that almost 9 out of 10 adults (88%) in the United States own smartphones. Below the age of 40, that number reaches about 99%, and above 65 it only drops to around 70%.

For those of us old enough to remember, it's like people sitting in their cars steadfastly refusing to pump their own gas because gas stations always did that for you (and checked your oil and tire pressure, and washed your windows too). Unless you live in Oregon or Jersey, you pump your own gas and life goes on.

Last edited:
Again, reputable data from multiple sources indicates that almost 9 out of 10 adults (88%) in the United States own smartphones. Below the age of 40, that number reaches about 99%, and above 65 it only drops to around 70%.

For those of us old enough to remember, it's like people sitting in their cars steadfastly refusing to pump their own gas because gas stations always did that for you (and checked you oil and tire pressure, and washed your windows too). Unless you live in Oregon or Jersey, you pump your own gas and life goes on.

I do agree. They could have made a different decision. But they chose Magic Mobile.

What CMs do, as was with color coded cards, is up to them..Personally think this is easier, and I would not be surprised to see it become something scanned in the future.

As you say, for now, it’s what we need to do if we want to get the discounts.

That video was pretty bad, imo. The walkthrough in the app doesn't show how to choose the DVC pass style (the DVC ones weren't even shown in the selections) nor how to get it to show if it's not showing, just a generic "you can choose exclusive pass styles". Also for the affiliation/discounts, they should've explained the whole DVC Y, DVC ND. They show in the video "DVC Y", but the audio just mentioned to show your affiliation starting with "DVC".

They really should've thought about making this work with magic bands or kept the physical cards since we still need to provide ID anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter