Digital Membership Cards?

DH and I are a bit older than your parents. Both pretty tech savvy but stumped. DH linked his MDE but when I try to link mine (I already had it from previous trips), it says the account is already linked to DH. sigh....We leave tomorrow for VB for a week then WDW for 2 weeks. Hoping someone there can help.
Do you both have separate DVC sign in credentials? Every member on an account, whether they are an owner or an associate member needs to have their own DVC login identity.

I’m all for Disney streamlining all their systems, but why couldn’t the QR code just have been added in MDE under passes and memberships (or whatever it’s called), and then linked to your magic band? I feel like that would have been a lot easier, and fewer people would’ve been annoyed.

We were there in November, and tried using magicmobile. The express mode didn’t work, and they could never scan my QR code at stores/restaurants. And then the internet by our room was so lousy I could rarely unlock my door with my phone. I got so annoyed I just bought a magicband.

Do you both have separate DVC sign in credentials? Every member on an account, whether they are an owner or an associate member needs to have their own DVC login identity.
Pretty sure we do. When we first bought 25 years ago we had only one email account for both. Now we still have that one but also each have a Gmail account. Most stuff we do using the original email account and I guess that became my husband's login. When I log in using my Gmail account it recognizes me "Welcome "first name"" but asks me to verify my membership using some number given at closing. Don't think I have that. Puzzling is that I know I've used this before.

It is possible that the email is not the login ...maybe my initials and last name or something.

Yes, unfortunately that is a known issue right now for pre-2016 resale owners. They are supposedly working on it and hope to have it fixed in the next few weeks.
I don't think it is limited to pre 2016 owners. I think it can hit any Grandfathered owner. I am a 2017, 25 point owner, and I am also getting DVC ND. I am (or have been) grandfathered in because in 2017 it only took 25 direct to get member benefits.

I don't think it is limited to pre 2016 owners. I think it can hit any Grandfathered owner. I am a 2017, 25 point owner, and I am also getting DVC ND. I am (or have been) grandfathered in because in 2017 it only took 25 direct to get member benefits.
I'm also a 25 pt 2017 owner and I have DVC Y. This whole thing is so screwed up lol

Dear Members,

We are thrilled to kick off this New Year with news that may put an extra spring in your step as you begin dreaming of your family’s next vacations. As you may have heard, Disney Vacation Club is enhancing and elevating your portfolio of exchange options, including welcoming Interval International as our new exchange provider.

Interval International exchanges are officially available, giving Members access, not only to thousands of resorts in the U.S., Europe, Asia, the Caribbean and more, but also to a portfolio of high-quality properties specially curated with Members in mind, including resorts from such trusted brands as Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, just to name a few.

In addition, for eligible Members we expanded the portfolio with National Geographic Expeditions and Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experiences among the exchanges now available, and we look forward to welcoming the Shanghai Disney Resort later this year.

And, to make your vacation planning simpler than ever, we are now presenting your vacation options in two easy-to-navigate collections: a reorganized Disney Collection and an updated World Collection.

Within the updated Disney Collection, you’ll find both “Disney Stays” and “Disney Experiences.”

Disney Stays include not only our 15 uniquely themed Disney Vacation Club Resorts, but for eligible Members, also traditional Disney Resort hotel exchange options in the heart of the magic and beyond.

Disney Experiences go beyond Resort hotels to include such exchange options as Disney Cruise Line voyages, Adventures by Disney guided trips, National Geographic Expeditions and those epic, 2-night Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experiences aboard the Halcyon Starcruiser.

Interval International options, meanwhile, are part of the new updated World Collection, which for eligible Members also includes your favorite Concierge Collection properties across the globe.

Whether your next vacation returns you to your Home Resort or sends you on new adventures across the globe (or galaxy), all of us at Disney Vacation Club thank you for being part of our magical community, and we look forward to making memories with you for decades to come.

Happy travels,
Your Disney Vacation Club Family

DH and I are a bit older than your parents. Both pretty tech savvy but stumped. DH linked his MDE but when I try to link mine (I already had it from previous trips), it says the account is already linked to DH. sigh....We leave tomorrow for VB for a week then WDW for 2 weeks. Hoping someone there can help.
Good luck and report back please. I don't use a smartphone. Don't see well enough. I have no idea what they will do for people who cannot use MagicMobile, etc, etc. I hope they realize there will be some people who cannot do all that, but still will come to WDW, and want their discounts.
I hope they figure it out soon.

What a huge pain in the rear. I just went into the MDE app to try adding Magic Mobile to my wallet. No matter what I do, it will not add to my wallet. However, when I go into "Membership and Passes" on MDE it shows "Disney Vacation Club Member". This is what I will be showing CMs. I don't use the wallet on my phone anyway because I don't like linking things to it. I know two people who have had things hacked and info stolen from their "wallet". We'll see how it goes ;-)
I agree with you not liking using Wallet.
I had a credit card that was attached to Uber (ONLY used at WDW) compromised recently (someone used for UberEats and it was definitely not me or DH). When I called Chase Bank they were surprised it wasn’t via the Apple Wallet. They said that is the most trouble with compromised credit cards always and NEVER attach anything to it.
Thanks Disney.

I had a credit card that was attached to Uber (ONLY used at WDW) compromised recently (someone used for UberEats and it was definitely not me or DH). When I called Chase Bank they were surprised it wasn’t via the Apple Wallet. They said that is the most trouble with compromised credit cards always and NEVER attach anything to it.
Thanks Disney.
Good to know! Deleting my check card from wallet. I don’t use it that way anyway.

Thanks Disney.
Exactly. I will not link things to Apple Wallet. Period. And I know there are many more who feel the same way. So knowing this, Disney is going to have no backup way to apply discounts for those that don’t use or don’t even have Apple Wallet? That is unbelievable to me.

I understand it isn't there but all they have to do is add it. True of so many things they are way over complicating.
This. How hard would it be to add the QR code on the DVC site? I have to register with third-party credentialing companies for hospital access for my job and every one of those companies has a QR code on their site. As I enter the hospital, I simply scan it. DVC could easily add it to their site, which every DVC owner accesses. But instead, they require owners to access something that not everyone uses or even has.

Because they need "perks" to get people to pay a higher premium when purchasing from Disney. This make Disney $$$. Resale does not. There also are no discounts on APs anymore. There is a lower priced AP that is only available to FL residents and DVC Blue Card members.
Which is hilarious, because the “perks” are not guaranteed and can be taken away at any time.

I’m all for Disney streamlining all their systems, but why couldn’t the QR code just have been added in MDE under passes and memberships (or whatever it’s called), and then linked to your magic band? I feel like that would have been a lot easier, and fewer people would’ve been annoyed.

We were there in November, and tried using magicmobile. The express mode didn’t work, and they could never scan my QR code at stores/restaurants. And then the internet by our room was so lousy I could rarely unlock my door with my phone. I got so annoyed I just bought a magicband.
Isn’t the DVC discount designation going to be linked to magic bands?

Which is hilarious, because the “perks” are not guaranteed and can be taken away at any time.
Yes they can be taken away. But it is what they offer in order to get people to purchase direct. You and I should just agree to disagree as I find many of your posts "hilarious" as well.

ETA: For the record, I find the movement of DVC cards to MagicMobile to be very shortsighted. I can see baking it into MDE as a separate card / graphic, but forcing people to use the wallet / pay apps on their phones is not the way to go.

Isn’t the DVC discount designation going to be linked to magic bands?
That’s unconfirmed at this point. All we know is that you’ll need to scan the QR code on you wallet to get the discount, and from their very unhelpful faq, if you don’t have a smart phone, you’ll need a smart phone

Yes they can be taken away. But it is what they offer in order to get people to purchase direct. You and I should just agree to disagree as I find many of your posts "hilarious" as well.

ETA: For the record, I find the movement of DVC cards to MagicMobile to be very shortsighted. I can see baking it into MDE as a separate card / graphic, but forcing people to use the wallet / pay apps on their phones is not the way to go.
I wasn’t even disagreeing with you. Not sure what you are talking about with “agreeing to disagree” or that my comments are “hilarious”. I was saying that it is funny that DVC offers “perks” to get people to buy direct, when those perks are not guaranteed. My “hilarious” remark was not referring to your comment, but rather DVC’s policy and strategy.

No need to throw personal digs. We are just discussing digital membership cards.

Last edited:
This. How hard would it be to add the QR code on the DVC site? I have to register with third-party credentialing companies for hospital access for my job and every one of those companies has a QR code on their site. As I enter the hospital, I simply scan it. DVC could easily add it to their site, which every DVC owner accesses. But instead, they require owners to access something that not everyone uses or even has.
Better yet, add the QR code to MDE. Then allow access via any medium (phones, magic bands key cards, etc.) that an be linked to MDE. I can't believe they WON'T do that at some point. They have to be making quite a bit from the sale of those Magic Bands - why would they want to make those obsolete?

@Sandisw, the AP card is also good for park entrance. It makes a nice back up in case of MB issues at an entrance turnstile. I hope they do NOT do away with it.

I completely forgot it’s the ticket. I never use it or carry it so was thinking just discounts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter